Zumba Problems - anyway of turning off the voice while learning steps?

Discus and support Zumba Problems - anyway of turning off the voice while learning steps? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is there any way of turning off the voice that says "Awesome!", "Great job! You want to try another step from the menu?!", and things like that. It... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BumpyMars153381, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Zumba Problems - anyway of turning off the voice while learning steps?

Is there any way of turning off the voice that says "Awesome!", "Great job! You want to try another step from the menu?!", and things like that. It seems to start as soon as you move your feet and repeats every 30 seconds. Its driving me crazy (I'm not
    a fast learner when it comes to dancing). Zumba was the main reason I got the Xbox one.

Also, the menu where you change the steps is very difficult to use. It only responds to hand motions, and just accidentally touching the control changes the settings.

:)

BumpyMars153381, Jan 11, 2014
  2. Is there a way to turn off voice commands...wife wants to throw Xbox out the window...

My wife has been trying to do Zumba on the Xbox1 with her friend, they are both Filipino and tend to speak their native language while doing zumba (Tagalog). The issue is, it seems the Xbox gets confused when they are speaking and is constantly bringing
    up the TV listings, or going back to the homescreen, even with them never saying "xbox" I believe the different language is confusing it.

Tonight she got so frustrated because they could not even get through a minute of the zumba with out it jumping to the home screen or something else popping up, which only happens to me if I say a command.

I see I can "mute" the system to party chat, but I do not see a way to shut down voice commands at all with out turning off the Kinect, which means Zumba is useless.

Is there a way to turn off the voice commands?

(P.S. could jesters be causing this? I am not familiar with jester commands on the X1 though...)

RangerLee-623ADED4-1FF0-4477-80B9-F333CC5C59F6, Jan 11, 2014
  3. Paraffin Alien, Jan 11, 2014
  4. r1ckya1 Win User

statuscode 3524-0000-d090-0200-b007-2ee2

i had same problem with zumba and gears of war, all i done was clear the cache on hard drive, turn xbox off turn it back on and it done the update fine. Hope it works.
  5. TwylyghtMyst Win User

Xbox kinect issue: Mic Icon is always showing

Hi, you can choose to turn certain Kinect features on or off. For example, might want to turn off the sensor, without having to unplug it. See if the following helps:

Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.

Select Kinect Settings.

Select the item that you want to change.

Sensor: Turn the sensor on or off.

Chat Microphone: Turn the chat microphone on if you want to talk to players while playing a game, or if you are using Video Kinect. Learn about Video Kinect. If you turn off the chat microphone, speech recognition still works.

Note: When you are using the Kinect Guide, you can turn the chat microphone on or off by hovering your hand over the speech icon in the lower-right corner.

Speech Recognition: Turn on speech recognition if you want to use your voice to control your Xbox 360 console. Turn speech recognition off if you do not want to use voice commands (you can still use the sensor for chat). Learn about speech recognition.

Select Off or On.
  6. Scrogginsanity Win User

xbox one kinect risponds to every one who speaks to it

Ditto with the problem of videos bringing up the voice command options. I was watching a video from the Machinima app where the guy yelled "Xbox turn off" followed by "Yes". While my Xbox recognized the turn off command and brought up the confirmation
    screen, fortunately it did not recognize the "Yes" to confirm.
  7. xXCamhawkXx Win User

Xbox One Controller

So the wife and I were doing our Zumba workout (yeah I Zumba, you gotta problem wit dat? yeah thought not) between routines I run across the living room past her to turn off the overhead light and when I returned our positions were transposed. Might have
    been game specific but I totally killed her Zumba score (me having terminal white-man's disease ie. when I dance me or someone around me dies.) She has yet to forgive me. But that is the end of my 2 pesos.
  8. Hassan Singer Win User

ACTA,PIPA and Microsoft.

whats your privacy problem exactly? if its the kinect voice commands can be shut off, and the kinect can be turned off too

--------------------

You will be able to turn off Kinect for Xbox One

---------------------

You are in control of when Kinect sensing is On, Off or Paused: If you don’t want the Kinect sensor on while playing games or enjoying your entertainment, you can pause Kinect. To turn off your Xbox One, just say “Xbox Off.” When the system is off, it’s
    only listening for the single voice command — “Xbox On,” and you can even turn that feature off too. Some apps and games may require Kinect functionality to operate, so you’ll need to turn it back on for these experiences.
Thema:

Zumba Problems - anyway of turning off the voice while learning steps?

1. Zumba Problems - anyway of turning off the voice while learning steps? - Similar Threads - Zumba Problems anyway

2. Cannot start Zumba world party

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot start Zumba world party: I'm having the same problem I saw posted a couple of years ago. It's been years since I've used this Xbox & disc. It recognized my profile. It then plays the intro & then lands on the screen that...
  3. Zumba World Party Kinnect screen size too small to hover on start button

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Zumba World Party Kinnect screen size too small to hover on start button: Hello Please only answer if you have the solution and have played the game and have a kinnect. When Zumba World Party Kinnect start, the rectangle of the kinnect is too small, it is not possible...
  4. Kinect does not work with Zumba Party game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect does not work with Zumba Party game: I have played this game before, and know how the "hover over play to continue" works. I have tried to play after a long time and now the kinect does not even recognized me on this game (it does in...
  5. Xbox 360 Kinect Zumba fitness Join the Party disc issue: cannot access the Tutorial box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Kinect Zumba fitness Join the Party disc issue: cannot access the Tutorial box: Xbox 360 Kinect Zumba fitness Join the Party disc issue: after signing in, cannot get the Tutorial box to open up. The only boxes that can open are Individual and Multi player. The Tutorial will...
  6. Zumba fitness world party

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Zumba fitness world party: I bought this game from Amazon and I did not get the manual. I was able to get the kinect to read my steps but I have no idea how to get a second player. So on the tv it only picks up one person...
  7. Zumba fitness

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Zumba fitness: How can I have two dancers show on the kinect on xbox one??? c910d5d6-c926-45f7-8735-d11763112a04
  8. Zumba Fitness Party won't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Zumba Fitness Party won't work: I have been trying for over an hour to get this to work and nothing. I cannot get past the "Hoover over play to continue" screen. Wish I had kept my Wii now!! So far I have: -> checked and gone...
  9. Cannot play Zumba World Party on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play Zumba World Party on Xbox One: I couldn't get beyond the "Hover over" screen, and I did try several minutes to wave and make lots of random movements with my hands to see if I could get it started. I thought it was just a...
  10. Zumba Kids XBOX 360 Kinect - Wrong country code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Zumba Kids XBOX 360 Kinect - Wrong country code: Hi, I have purchased Zumba Kids for XBOX 360 Kinect. The problem is that it gives an error concerning the country code. Can anyone support me to fix this? Thank you very much in advance....