Youtube, Netflix Apps and Dolby Vision issues

Discus and support Youtube, Netflix Apps and Dolby Vision issues in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi all, I held back on using these apps on the xbox due to early issues. I've since seen updates that supposedly fixed said issues so I decided to... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Sptzz, Nov 27, 2022.

1. /u/Sptzz
    /u/Sptzz Guest

Hi all,

I held back on using these apps on the xbox due to early issues. I've since seen updates that supposedly fixed said issues so I decided to download them.

My TV is an LG C9. The issues I'm having are the following :

YouTube: HDR doesn't play. All HDR videos just play in SDR. I read an update fixed this but mine isn't working? Is this occurring with anyone else?

Netflix: As soon as you open the app it shows the Dolby Vision card and it stays in dolby vision for any content, SDR included.... Why is this still a thing in 2022? Am I missing something?

Onto Dolby Vision. I have both Allow Dolby Vision / Gaming checked. Since it's a C9 only DV60fps works but I wanted to give it a shot and... Nothing. All games still trigger HDR, I thought the system was being clever enough that it'd only trigger DV for actual DV mastered games but no. Ori will of the wisps and GTAV both trigger HDR10.

Any ideas on these 3 issues?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Sptzz
    [link] [comments]

/u/Sptzz, Nov 27, 2022
  2. BUSA1963 Win User

Dolby vision in the Netflix app

I have an LG oled c7 and watch netflix trough webOs .

By doing it this way you should get Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

Microsoft will roll out an sofware update for netflix Dolby Vision shortly.

For the moment Dolby Vision is not supported on the Netflix app via Xbox.

I hope they also update the blu ray player shortly because there is much more content available on 4k uhd blu ray.
  3. IRB Win User

Dolby Vision on Xbox One X

Hi.

When you start Netflix, does it start up in HDR or Dolby Vision as it seems the app itself launches in that mode. Not all content is Dolby Vision compatible in Netflix.

Your TV is on the list of supported models, and I assume you are in the Insider program for testing this feature?

Also, check for any updates to the Netflix app.
  4. napalm37 Win User

Dolby Vision from 4K Bluray not being passed, but Dolby vision works with other apps.

YCC was not enabled but, but color was, No updates for blu ray app. I am thinking it is the blu ray app as netflix on xbox outputs Dolby Vision without issue
  5. KNIGHTWING X Win User

XBOX ONE X used as a Blu Ray player band Dolby Vision

The system supports Dolby Vision in certain streaming apps like Netflix, Disney +, and Vudu, but it's not yet supporting playback of 4k discs with Dolby Vision through the blu-ray app. Hopefully they will eventually patch an update to do so. But currently,
    it does NOT.
  6. Puppy Fujo Win User

WILL XBOX ONE S

Dolby Vision is only available via streaming apps (Netflix). There is no information on whether that will be expanded to Bluray or gaming.
Thema:

1. Youtube, Netflix Apps and Dolby Vision issues - Similar Threads - Youtube Netflix Apps

2. YouTube crashes on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    YouTube crashes on Xbox Series S: Hi all. Recently I got a series S and it's worked great, for the most part. Other issues aside, sometimes when I launch YouTube and click on a video, it will hang on a black screen, and then force...
  3. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  4. YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?: So about 3-4 days ago I came home and turned on my Xbox and went to YouTube. A few seconds after just launching the app, my Xbox shut down. I tried it a few times, soft reset my Xbox, and...
  5. Youtube app wont start

in XBoX on Windows
    Youtube app wont start: Youtube app wont start It says “sorry couldn’t connect to youtube” i tried restarting, unplugging for 5,10 and 60 minutes and even overnight , uninstalling, cache delete, everything possible , it...
  6. I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...: Recently i have put a random command in command prompt from youtube and now i have trouble starting up epicgames, ubisoft and can't play any other games. Is there a way to fix this?...
  7. My xbox is connected to wifi and I can use YouTube and Netflix just fine. But it says I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox is connected to wifi and I can use YouTube and Netflix just fine. But it says I...: When I connect to my phone Hotspot it works. And my ps4 works perfectly fine on the wifi. I've tried everything even reseting my xbox 4b418d12-66a4-4a94-b11a-eba588e06538
  8. Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app: Hello, When Xbox Series S audio is set to output uncompressed stereo with Passthrough enabled, Netflix and YouTube apps output uncompressed stereo instead of Dolby digital plus such as Disney+ or...
  9. Xbox Profiles showing "Home" while using Apps like Youtube/Netflix and Co.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Profiles showing "Home" while using Apps like Youtube/Netflix and Co.: Xbox Profiles showing "Home" while using Apps like Youtube/Netflix and Co. i noticed this issue 2 months ago. Bulid: Alpha Skip ahead submitted by /u/xGenieElitex [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox profile shows "Home" while you using youtube, netflix.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox profile shows "Home" while you using youtube, netflix.: i noticed my profile on my xbox shows i'm "home" while i using youtube/netflix and other apps, i have this weird issue for about 2 weeks + alpha skip ahead bulid submitted by /u/xGenieElitex...