YouTube is showing me an error message after the latest Microsoft Edge version 107 on Xbox

Discus and support YouTube is showing me an error message after the latest Microsoft Edge version 107 on Xbox in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've been getting an error message on YouTube when watching videos. When I was fast forwarding my video, I got an error message reading "An error... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Trenton Gallagher, Nov 17, 2022.

1. YouTube is showing me an error message after the latest Microsoft Edge version 107 on Xbox

I've been getting an error message on YouTube when watching videos. When I was fast forwarding my video, I got an error message reading "An error occurred, Please try again later" I've tried reloading youtube to see if it fixes it, and I still receive the error message! This has never had this happen to me before when using Microsoft Edge on Xbox. I am unable to watch videos on YouTube without receiving the error message.

:)

Trenton Gallagher, Nov 17, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

YouTube is showing me an error message after the latest Microsoft Edge version 107 on Xbox

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Trenton

May I know if you tried using the YouTube app?
    Or is this happening only inside Edge?

If it’s the second, did you tried restoring Microsoft edge to factory defaults?

If not please do it via Edge settings, share the results please
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

YouTube intends you to use their app on Xbox, Microsoft edge on Xbox is not a full featured browser, And has a number of segments that can affect security disabled, which can cause issues with video playback sites.
  4. Trenton Gallagher Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Trenton

May I know if you tried using the YouTube app?
    Or is this happening only inside Edge?

If it’s the second, did you tried restoring Microsoft edge to factory defaults?

If not please do it via Edge settings, share the results please
    I've tried restoring Microsoft edge to factory settings, and I still received the same error message on Youtube.

This issue only happens on Microsoft edge on Xbox. Since September 2022, the issue started happening whenever the video player on Youtube would show a black screen for a split second, interrupting the video and would sometimes trigger the Experiencing Interruptions Message box. The issue started to get worse by the time it was November which would cause the error message to pop up, specifically when you change the video resolution, it would cause the video player to blink five times and trying to fast forward the video would cause it to buffer indefinity until the error message would appear. This wasn't an issue in older versions of Microsoft edge prior to the September 2022 System Update on Xbox.
  5. Trenton Gallagher Win User

YouTube is giving me an error message on Microsoft Edge version 107 on Xbox

Yes, I still need assistance with this issue.

The issue began to occur when the November 2022 update to Xbox which also updated Microsoft edge was released. I believe the issue started happening around September 2022 but it got worse following November 2022 in which YouTube will throw an error message stating that an error occurred, please try again later along with a randomly generated Playback id when the user lowers the video resolution to 480p causing the video player to briefly buffer every few seconds and even the video being paused still flickers. The issue never happened prior to September 2022 and I believe that the September 2022 update introduced this bug only to get worse by the time the November 2022 Update was released.
  6. Geri M. Win User

YouTube is giving me an error message on Microsoft Edge version 107 on Xbox

Hello Trenton Gallagher,

Good day and we hope you are well today.

First, I would like to offer our deepest apologies for the lack of a timely response to your question. We suffered some unexpected staffing issues over the holidays and clearly we let you down. Can you please let us know if you still need assistance with this, or if you already solved it through another path?

Again, our apologies, and thank you for your understanding as we try to catch up.

We look forward to your reply.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. YouTube is showing me an error message after the latest Microsoft Edge version 107 on Xbox - Similar Threads - YouTube showing error

2. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  3. YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?: So about 3-4 days ago I came home and turned on my Xbox and went to YouTube. A few seconds after just launching the app, my Xbox shut down. I tried it a few times, soft reset my Xbox, and...
  4. Youtube app wont start

in XBoX on Windows
    Youtube app wont start: Youtube app wont start It says “sorry couldn’t connect to youtube” i tried restarting, unplugging for 5,10 and 60 minutes and even overnight , uninstalling, cache delete, everything possible , it...
  5. I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...: Recently i have put a random command in command prompt from youtube and now i have trouble starting up epicgames, ubisoft and can't play any other games. Is there a way to fix this?...
  6. YouTube Music would be a great addition.

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube Music would be a great addition.: Considering other major streaming platforms are available on the store, it would be nice to see YT music available to use. Not everyone uses Spotify and Apple Music, YT music is growing massive in...
  7. Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music

in XboX Insiders
    Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music: That would be great. And there are probably lots of people who would use it. submitted by /u/Brocker_9000 [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox Profiles showing "Home" while using Apps like Youtube/Netflix and Co.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Profiles showing "Home" while using Apps like Youtube/Netflix and Co.: Xbox Profiles showing "Home" while using Apps like Youtube/Netflix and Co. i noticed this issue 2 months ago. Bulid: Alpha Skip ahead submitted by /u/xGenieElitex [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox profile shows "Home" while you using youtube, netflix.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox profile shows "Home" while you using youtube, netflix.: i noticed my profile on my xbox shows i'm "home" while i using youtube/netflix and other apps, i have this weird issue for about 2 weeks + alpha skip ahead bulid submitted by /u/xGenieElitex...
  10. How do i fix YouTube not showing as Status

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i fix YouTube not showing as Status: Youtube stopped showing as my status on Friday I did everything Reset my console Sign out and sign in Uninstall and install YouTube Nothing works. Hulu, Netflix, and Prime show as status but...