Your XBox and EA Accounts Don't Match" - Hacked Account, or EA/MS Scam?

Discus and support Your XBox and EA Accounts Don't Match" - Hacked Account, or EA/MS Scam? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am a subscriber to XBox Game Pass for PC. Yesterday I downloaded Titanfall 2 via the XBox app on my computer. When I launched Titanfall 2, the EA... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TheMarkPutnam, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Your XBox and EA Accounts Don't Match" - Hacked Account, or EA/MS Scam?

I am a subscriber to XBox Game Pass for PC. Yesterday I downloaded Titanfall 2 via the XBox app on my computer. When I launched Titanfall 2, the EA Desktop app also launched. But the EA ID that appeared for me was a random collection of letters and numbers that I did not recognize. TO BE ABSOLUTELY CLEAR: THE EA DESKTOP APP AUTOMATICALLY LAUNCHED WITH NO SIGN-IN REQUIRED, AND I WAS SHOWN AS HAVING THIS UNKNOWN, RANDOM USERNAME.

I logged in to EA.com using my real, actual, confirmed, legitimate username and password (though I had to change my password since it had been a while since I logged in). I confirmed that my real, actual account that is mine and that is linked to my actual email address is still active. I signed out of the EA Desktop app on my PC then re-signed in using my real, actual, legitimate username and password. After that, I went back to the XBox app on my PC and attempted to launch Titanfall 2. I received an error message stating, "Your XBox and EA Accounts Don't Match."

So, my primary concern is how to unlink a random EA ID that was either erroneously, automatically assigned to me or that someone hacked and created without my knowledge.

Furthermore, I have been researching this issue and also similar issues related to it, and the resulting responses from both EA and XBox support teams. From what I am reading (though I have not heard this from EA or Microsoft personally), if you cannot log in to your EA account there is no way to unlink it from your XBox account. If this false EA ID account was created without my knowledge, then the password and connected email address are also unknown to me. This would mean it is impossible for me to unlink the account. As a result, I would be entirely unable to play ANY of the EA online games via my XBox Game Pass subscription. To my mind, this is a direct violation and contradiction to the service that EA and Microsoft purport to provide. If their infrastructure is such that players can be directly prevented from accessing or playing the games on their platforms, is it possible for a class action or similar suit to be brought against them for false advertising, misrepresentation, unapproved financial transactions, etc.?

Of course, I would appreciate a resolution to my issue. But if the existing community posts that I am reading are any indication, the issue cannot be fixed. In that case, what recourse do we as consumers have?

Thanks.

:)

TheMarkPutnam, Apr 8, 2021
  2. C_yper Win User

Here's the problem: I cannot log in to my EA account for some godforsaken reason, I've spoken to tech support, the community, nobody knows. The EA account I can't access has my gamepass subscription linked to it, so ea play is on it, so I cant' use EA play.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

glad it resolved the main issue, not a clue with the new issue, i gave up as you don't even get acheivements from the ea games from gamepass on pc, i just got ea access with steam as it supports acheivements and is better integrated.
  4. TheMarkPutnam Win User

Thank you. This fixed the issue with account linking. I appreciate the reply.

Now, of course, a new problem has presented itself in that the game will not launch. I click the "Play" button on the game's thumbnail in the XBox app, it launches EA Desktop, and then EA Desktop informs me the game will not launch. A button is presented that says, "Get The Game." When I click on that, it takes me to a 404 error.

This is all just a bait and switch, I guess. Microsoft and EA get your money and don't give you any games. It's a shame they can get away with it.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

when you load an ea game on the xbox console be it 360 or one and dont log into an ea account it usually creates one, you can log into ea with an xbox account or email, it is a daft system.

you need to log into ea with your xbox account and remove the link then log into your normal ea account with the email address and then link.

if you cannot do it then open a ticket with EA for assistance.
  6. ngocphi Win User

HACKED VIA FIFA 12. SUSPENDED ACCOUNTS. MS PLEASE GIVE US ANSWERS. STOP IGNORING US.

whisper do not use the same login as your EA account or psn account

since fifa is EA property and they were hacked

(EA was hacked and yes that was on the NEWS) you need to contact EA about changing your EA account
Thema:

1. Your XBox and EA Accounts Don't Match" - Hacked Account, or EA/MS Scam? - Similar Threads - Accounts Don't Match

2. After logging in to my several xbox accounts, I don't receive the verification code via...

in XBoX Accessibility
    After logging in to my several xbox accounts, I don't receive the verification code via...: I need to get a code via sms to log in to the accounts I have on my xbox, but after receiving 18 codes for the different accounts I have, the code no longer comes and the phone number I registered...
  3. I need help with my other account. I don't have authenticator app access.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help with my other account. I don't have authenticator app access.: I have another account. I can't access cause I do not have authenticator app nor do I have the 25 key accessories. I need someone to contact me immediately so I can get this fixed. I want to be...
  4. I don't have access to one of my minecraft accounts email and password and minecraft.net...

in XBoX on Windows
    I don't have access to one of my minecraft accounts email and password and minecraft.net...: I also have my transaction ID and the date that I bought the account. Also I have the card that I used to purchase the account. c7d985d8-7b02-4a7a-af28-4a74f200f19b
  5. Fable 2 and 3 in gamepass on XBOX X need me to sign in with an ancient live account i don't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 and 3 in gamepass on XBOX X need me to sign in with an ancient live account i don't...: Fable 2 and 3 included in gamepass ultimate on XBOX X needs me to sign in with some other ancient live account i don't have? I can't see any way to make one and if I choose 'no account' the game...
  6. Signed Out of Account and I Don't Know Password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Signed Out of Account and I Don't Know Password: I have had an Xbox account for close to 5 years now. But, when I tried to log in the other day, I was signed out. I know the email but the problem is, I don't know anything else. I think I know...
  7. I have lost my Fortnite account after linking it with Epic Games, and I don't know how to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have lost my Fortnite account after linking it with Epic Games, and I don't know how to...: What I believe has happened is that when I linked my account with Epic Games it had created a new account to replace my old account. I had tried to get my old account by unlinking from Epic Games...
  8. I don't know the email for my microsoft account with witch I have purchased Minecraft Java...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don't know the email for my microsoft account with witch I have purchased Minecraft Java...: Recently I got a new computer and decided to do a clean install, and not keep any of my previous data. With that, my microsoft account, which had always been logged in, was essentially lost as I...
  9. Account and console location don't match prompt when attempting to view "My ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Account and console location don't match prompt when attempting to view "My ...: Everythime I go to Xbox Video and go to My Collection it tells me my console and account location do not match. I have ensured the console is English, Canada my account has always been Canadian,...
  10. Account email and password allegedly don't match

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account email and password allegedly don't match: I'm trying to sign in to XBox Live, I just redeemed a card for three months of gold, but I keep getting this message stating that my account email address and my password are invalid. I know my...