"Your security protocol won't work"

Discus and support "Your security protocol won't work" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; haven't turned on my Xbox One in a couple months, but it connected previously. All other devices in the house connect to network just fine, the network... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TurgidWilly, Dec 26, 2015.

1. TurgidWilly
    TurgidWilly Guest

haven't turned on my Xbox One in a couple months, but it connected previously. All other devices in the house connect to network just fine, the network hasn't changed in a year.

not sure why today the Xbox one is saying "Your security protocol won't work".

any suggestions?

:)

TurgidWilly, Dec 26, 2015
  2. THE HULSCH
    THE HULSCH Guest

I need help finding out how to change the security protocol for the wifi here at my school. If anyone has any information that could help me that would be great!!

THE HULSCH, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Security protocol won't work

new Xbox one not connected to the Internet. Need help.

EatenLeader08, Dec 26, 2015
  4. TurgidWilly
    TurgidWilly Guest

Some additional info...

It keeps saying "restart wireless. There may be a problem with the console's wireless hardware. Try restarting it and then wait a few minutes for the controller to connect again."

But that doesn't work either. All other devices see the wireless ssid name except for the Xbox One.

TurgidWilly, Dec 27, 2015
  5. TurgidWilly
    TurgidWilly Guest
    Ug! So after two hours of futzing with settings and researching online it got fixed by simply unplugging the Xbox one for a few seconds...

* grumbles about how this is usually the first thing I try and for some reason didn't think to do this time... *

6. TurgidWilly
    TurgidWilly Guest
    Ug! So after two hours of futzing with settings and researching online it got fixed by simply unplugging the Xbox one for a few seconds...

* grumbles about how this is usually the first thing I try and for some reason didn't think to do this time... *

7. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Yes, that is always a good first troubleshooting step. Glad you got it sorted out. Happy Gaming!

{Parity}, Oct 31, 2018
  8. AmirLucas II Win User

"YOUR SECURITY PROTOCOL WON'T WORK"

It keep on tellin the wpa and wpa2 and when i press test network connection it says its all good but it dont show no wifi names it just say add a network
  9. Jaydad17 Win User

"YOUR SECURITY PROTOCOL WON'T WORK"

Sorry to hear your having issues. What exactly is the problem?
  10. EatenLeader08 Win User

Security protocol won't work

saying security protocol error
  11. CONRAWR69 Win User

Your Security Protocol Will Not Work ?!!

me as well after the new update my wifi doesn't even show up when I try to add new wireless wifi
  12. DarthSirhc30 Win User

Your Security Protocol Will Not Work ?!!

I am having the same issue. Just did the update. Please help!!!
Thema:

1. "Your security protocol won't work" - Similar Threads - security protocol won't

2. Why won't my security protocol work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my security protocol work?: It says my security protocol won't work, but it's the wpa 2/3 wich is on the list of supported protocols 5efb434f-7dc8-4a25-ac46-df81d5803038
  3. Got a new router, now xbox saying different security protocols than my router. I reset my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got a new router, now xbox saying different security protocols than my router. I reset my...: New router, now xbox won't connect. Different security protocol ceb3fd6f-22af-460c-85f6-7d7e2ecc3058
  4. How Do I Fix Security Protocol Error Message On My Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Fix Security Protocol Error Message On My Xbox Series S: This is an internet I have connected to before, and now it is giving me the following error message; “ Your security protocol won't work This console supports WPA2/WPA3 (personal), WA/WPA2...
  5. Info about changing my router security protocol

in XBoX on Consoles
    Info about changing my router security protocol: Why doesn't Xbox one accept my wi-fi f248937a-345f-4bff-a574-3abeb6a59da4
  6. Xbox One keeps saying "your security protocol won't work" even after a reset and even if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One keeps saying "your security protocol won't work" even after a reset and even if...: I have been reading post after post about this and nothing is helping. From Microsoft's network troubleshooting sites, Xbox's network troubleshooting postings, every single stinking forum,...
  7. Networking connection error message “your security protocol will not work”

in XBoX on Consoles
    Networking connection error message “your security protocol will not work”: So I haven’t been on my Xbox one in a while and I’ve just started him up and tried connecting to the internet, it is saying “this console supports WPA/WPA2 (personal), WEP network security...
  8. Is xbox one X going to upgrade security protocol?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is xbox one X going to upgrade security protocol?: Having issues with someone remotely disconnecting my xbox one x controller which is plugged into the usb port. It’s only a 1,000$ piece of equipment. Just twitch streaming with 1 rando using...
  9. My security protocol won't work but I'm using one that does

in XBoX on Consoles
    My security protocol won't work but I'm using one that does: Hello, I'm having a wifi issue with my Xbox. For months my Xbox wifi would turn on and off and I couldn't find out why and when It quit turning back on I factory reset (keeping my data and games)...
  10. Xbox One not connecting to internet “Your security protocol won't work”

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One not connecting to internet “Your security protocol won't work”: I have recently tried to start using an Xbox One after a few years of not using it. It managed to do a system update just fine, but now refuses to connect. It displays the error “Your security...