"your privacy settings prevent you from using looking for group"

Discus and support "your privacy settings prevent you from using looking for group" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm on PC and when I want to use looking for group. I can't because apparently my privacy settings prevent it, however I have tried fixing it and it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sumilat, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Sumilat
    Sumilat Guest

I'm on PC and when I want to use looking for group. I can't because apparently my privacy settings prevent it, however I have tried fixing it and it doesn't work. I have opened privacy settings and allowed everything but I can't use it. I restarted my PC hoping it was on my end and initially it seemed to work as I saw some posts, but when I tried creating a post it said "your privacy settings prevent you from using looking for group" and then all the other posts disappeared. Why is this happening? When I went to change my name is said "one or more services are experiencing an outage"

:)

Sumilat, Mar 14, 2023
  2. Liam Shaw2 Win User

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT. I am ALSO on PC.
  3. Chandler Richards Win User

No his issue was not resolved, as he said he IS ON PC!!!!! Underline that, thank you. I am having the same issue. I have changed the settings, restarted my PC, and even done this! Please help. FOR PC NOT FOR CONSOLE.
  4. Nafryti Win User

So when will you give us a REAL answer to the question posted? Listen, I understand English is a hard language, but it never once asked for Xbox support, and is in fact asking about PC "I am on PC" and your answer is for Xbox, meaning you did not even read the first sentence of the main body. You only ever read the title, and immediately jumped into asking for details you could have easily surmised from reading the main body. "I am on PC" means they are NOT on the Xbox console, and are in fact using the Xbox Gamebar overlay App. I am not even a certified mathematician and i know that much. Perhaps it's my military training offering me a superior attention to detail, but you're a moderator here so I'm going to air on the side of caution and suppose you were pushing yourself for a quota and popped one too many No-Doze and lost your ability to focus and began to hard crash after your 20th hour awake.

So, can we please... Once you're rested of course, don't want a repeat from March 15 now do we? Can we please, have a useful answer. It has been EXACTLY 7 (seven) months since the post was posted. Please allocate some time to addressing the issue.
  5. Lavenia A. Win User

Hi Sumilat,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread going forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Lavenia
  6. Liam Shaw2 Win User

I might have a solution for the problem. I looked up the problem and it tells me to use this account.xbox.com link. (It's not a scam)
Thema:

1. "your privacy settings prevent you from using looking for group" - Similar Threads - privacy settings prevent

2. Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....

in XBoX Accessibility
    Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....: In the middle of playing Baldur's Gate 3 I got a notification that my account has been temporarily suspended. I was panicked but more so extremely confused, I almost thought my account had been...
  3. Can not access data center on modern warfare 3 , have read replies , privacy settings are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not access data center on modern warfare 3 , have read replies , privacy settings are...: Can not access data center from modern warfare 3 have Xbox live gold game pass and settings are correct , please help *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Store and subscriptions / Xbox Live Gold*...
  4. I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...: I cannot play minecraft multiplayer despite having changed the privacy settings. 1dbbc217-a165-4499-ae9f-7d7117f9c153
  5. privacy settings help for playing NBA24K

in XBoX Games and Apps
    privacy settings help for playing NBA24K: I was trying to update my son's privacy settings but figured the only way to do this would be to remove him from the family group. I think I may have removed myself in error, how do I add myself...
  6. Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....

in XBoX Accessibility
    Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....: In the middle of playing Baldur's Gate 3 I got a notification that my account has been temporarily suspended. I was panicked but more so extremely confused, I almost thought my account had been...
  7. Online Safety and Privacy setting question

in XBoX Accessibility
    Online Safety and Privacy setting question: Hello I have original Xbox one, and there are settings that are called online safety and privacy, the default is adult profile which is more sociable, since I do not play any multiplayer games and...
  8. Unable to change/edit privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change/edit privacy settings: I have been trying to change my privacy settings as i am attempting to use a client for Minecraft. But the system detects that i am using a child account and redirects me to the page stating that...
  9. Why is Privacy & online safety settings not working?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Privacy & online safety settings not working?: I'm trying to make my account able to play online games. for example: online minecraft servers, but it is not loading in the settings to do that. What should i do?...
  10. unable to change xbox privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to change xbox privacy settings: Starting from https://account.microsoft.com/privacy?fref=home.drawers.privacy.privacy-dashboard&refd=account.microsoft.com on the "Privacy settings in our products" section clicking on the Xbox...