"Your privacy settings prevent chat with some people"

Discus and support "Your privacy settings prevent chat with some people" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm trying to talk to my friend but I can't because it keeps saying this message can any one help? a80129c5-cac6-45f3-b89a-45af7db712a8 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NinjaGames65, Oct 14, 2017.

1. NinjaGames65
    NinjaGames65 Guest

I'm trying to talk to my friend but I can't because it keeps saying this message can any one help?

:)

NinjaGames65, Oct 14, 2017
  2. tbone3737
    tbone3737 Guest
    Your privacy settings prevent chat with some people

This is my chat with them. it fixed it! try it out-

Alright thank you. On your Xbox One, Please go to Settings>>All Settings>>Disc & Blu-ray>>Blu-ray>>Persistent Storage>>Clear.

After that, please press and hold the power button of the Xbox for 5-10 seconds until it completely turns OFF. Then please unplug the power supply.

After a minute, please turn ON the Xbox console. It should work then.

tbone3737, Oct 14, 2017
  3. Your privacy settings prevent chat with some people.

Hey there,

Sometimes this message can be enforcement related.

If you check enforcement.xbox.com or the email address on file with your account, do you see any active suspensions?

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Oct 14, 2017
  4. Mister Mascot Win User

Your privacy settings prevent chat with some people.

Hey there,

Sometimes this message can be enforcement related.

If you check enforcement.xbox.com or the email address on file with your account, do you see any active suspensions?

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  5. tbone3737 Win User

Your privacy settings prevent chat with some people

This is my chat with them. it fixed it! try it out-

Alright thank you. On your Xbox One, Please go to Settings>>All Settings>>Disc & Blu-ray>>Blu-ray>>Persistent Storage>>Clear.

After that, please press and hold the power button of the Xbox for 5-10 seconds until it completely turns OFF. Then please unplug the power supply.

After a minute, please turn ON the Xbox console. It should work then.
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Privacy settings prevent chat with some people

That indicates there may be an enforcement action on your account.
    We're unable to assist with Enforcement related inquiries here on the Xbox Support forums. The primary place for further information will be our
    Xbox Enforcement page while signed-in.

If you have any other Xbox Support questions, please feel free to post up a new thread.

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox
    Forum Guidelines
    for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.
  7. Mister Beep Win User

"Your privacy settings prevent chat with some people" Problem

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about the issue! It sounds like this issue is related to a service alert that was out around the time you posted. Could you give it a shot and let us know if the issue persists?

Keep us posted!
  8. IIx DEZ xII Win User

Your privacy settings prevent chat with some peole

Hey there!

Firstly log into Xbox.com and click on Xbox Settings, then check your Privacy Settings to make sure you can communicate with everyone. Secondly i know it sounds silly but make sure your friends dont have you muted or even blocked.

Thirdly, check your network settings to ensure that is not effecting it. Fourthly is none of that works or helps then follow the Xbox One Multiplayer Game Solution here:

support.xbox.com/.../nat-error-solution

Hope all this helps!
Thema:

1. "Your privacy settings prevent chat with some people" - Similar Threads - privacy settings prevent

2. Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....

in XBoX Accessibility
    Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....: In the middle of playing Baldur's Gate 3 I got a notification that my account has been temporarily suspended. I was panicked but more so extremely confused, I almost thought my account had been...
  3. Can not access data center on modern warfare 3 , have read replies , privacy settings are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not access data center on modern warfare 3 , have read replies , privacy settings are...: Can not access data center from modern warfare 3 have Xbox live gold game pass and settings are correct , please help *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Store and subscriptions / Xbox Live Gold*...
  4. I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...: I cannot play minecraft multiplayer despite having changed the privacy settings. 1dbbc217-a165-4499-ae9f-7d7117f9c153
  5. privacy settings help for playing NBA24K

in XBoX Games and Apps
    privacy settings help for playing NBA24K: I was trying to update my son's privacy settings but figured the only way to do this would be to remove him from the family group. I think I may have removed myself in error, how do I add myself...
  6. Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....

in XBoX Accessibility
    Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....: In the middle of playing Baldur's Gate 3 I got a notification that my account has been temporarily suspended. I was panicked but more so extremely confused, I almost thought my account had been...
  7. Online Safety and Privacy setting question

in XBoX Accessibility
    Online Safety and Privacy setting question: Hello I have original Xbox one, and there are settings that are called online safety and privacy, the default is adult profile which is more sociable, since I do not play any multiplayer games and...
  8. Unable to change/edit privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change/edit privacy settings: I have been trying to change my privacy settings as i am attempting to use a client for Minecraft. But the system detects that i am using a child account and redirects me to the page stating that...
  9. Why is Privacy & online safety settings not working?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Privacy & online safety settings not working?: I'm trying to make my account able to play online games. for example: online minecraft servers, but it is not loading in the settings to do that. What should i do?...
  10. unable to change xbox privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to change xbox privacy settings: Starting from https://account.microsoft.com/privacy?fref=home.drawers.privacy.privacy-dashboard&refd=account.microsoft.com on the "Privacy settings in our products" section clicking on the Xbox...