Your home xbox settings cannot be changed

Discus and support Your home xbox settings cannot be changed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so i've had this old xbox one for a while and i could never figure out how to transfer the games from the old xbox to the new one. until i heard about... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shik33, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Shik33
    Shik33 Guest

so i've had this old xbox one for a while and i could never figure out how to transfer the games from the old xbox to the new one. until i heard about game sharing. i have two accounts (new) purpleswg153(old) so i tried it and it says (Your home
    xbox cannot be changed until we connect to the service on both xbox's. please help.

:)

Shik33, Oct 26, 2020
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Deleting my things off of someones console

It sounds like your home Xbox setting is setup on their console. If you change the home xbox setting to your console, then that will stop the games being installed and also stop them playing it. You cannot delete the games from their console, but changing
    the home xbox will prevent them from playing them.

You should also change the password to your Microsoft account, that way they won't be able to log in on your account to change the home xbox back to their console.
  3. CyclingGuyNOLA Win User

I can not change my Xbox back to my home xbox.

Getting a message saying you cannot change it ….? If you have set your Home Xbox 5 times within the past year, you'll need to wait 1 year from the first time you set it before you can change it again.

Home Xbox Settings
  4. LegoNinja187 Win User

Gameshare

Unfortunately Xbox users and Xbox Ambassadors cannot reset a home Xbox, and we cannot give you more changes, however you do get 1 additional change 12 months after you set a home Xbox, this applies every time you make a new Xbox One your Home Xbox,
    if need a change now, you will need to contact customer support and see if they can do this for you: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us
  5. LegoNinja187 Win User

help please

Unfortunately Xbox users and Xbox Ambassadors cannot reset a home Xbox, and we cannot give you more changes, however you do get 1 additional change 12 months after you set a home Xbox, this applies every time you make a new Xbox One your Home Xbox,
    if need a change now, you will need to contact customer support and see if they can do this for you: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us
  6. LegoNinja187 Win User

game sharing reset

Thema:

1. Your home xbox settings cannot be changed - Similar Threads - home settings cannot

2. The account I have set for my home Xbox has game pass ultimate but unless that account is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The account I have set for my home Xbox has game pass ultimate but unless that account is...: So the account I have set on my console as my home Xbox account has the game pass ultimate subscription but when I sign into my account I can't access multiplayer games unless I have that account...
  3. 2 accounts on 2 Xbox’s in one home - how do I set this up?

in XBoX Accessibility
    2 accounts on 2 Xbox’s in one home - how do I set this up?: Hi all, I have an Xbox One X which my two boys use. I set them up on this with separate email accounts (both of which are my email addresses) so they could each have their own progress on the...
  4. Xbox Home Option unchecked by itself after setting it few days prior.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Home Option unchecked by itself after setting it few days prior.: Why would my Xbox Home checked option on my second xbox become unchecked? After setting up 3 xboxes on Xmas day logging into all 3 with the main account setting them to home Xbox. Was working fine...
  5. I cannot set my home xbox.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot set my home xbox.: Here's what happened: Battlefield V says I'm a trial user. I'm using a friend's Gamepass Ultimate, so I should have EA Play.(UFC 4 works, so I know I do.) I decided to factory reset my xbox and...
  6. I cannot set my Home console on my Xbox One X

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot set my Home console on my Xbox One X: I still have 4 switches left and when marking for home console on my Xbox One X, I encounter error saying Unable to Save Changes. This happens to all other accounts( new or old ). I have tried...
  7. Cannot set new series x console to home

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot set new series x console to home: Hi I have seen this issue in a few threads with no resolve. I have 2 consoles, my personal and my sons. I have a series x and I just upgraded my sons console from an original XboxOne to the series...
  8. cannot set my home Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot set my home Xbox: I should have enough switches left, as it tells me "You have 4 switches left," but when I try to set my home Xbox, I get an error saying "Unable to save changes - We are unable to connect to the...
  9. I cannot set my friend's gamertag anymore as My Home Xbox for gamesharing purposes .

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot set my friend's gamertag anymore as My Home Xbox for gamesharing purposes .: If MS support can do it now, please reset my 3x counter to 0 if such is the reason for not being able to set my friend's account as My Home Xbox anymore. I have read that you can do it with [Mod....
  10. I cannot set my account to "my home xbox"

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot set my account to "my home xbox": My friend made his account to "be my home xbox " because he thought that would be the only way he could play his games on my system, however i did not know it was a limit to this & now i cannot...