your disk may be damaged

Discus and support your disk may be damaged in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so i am getting "your disk may be dirty or damaged. try cleaning it, or choose a different disk.(0x18)" on my cod ghost disk. now i wont lie and say... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NEWMFIN, Jan 5, 2014.

1. NEWMFIN
    NEWMFIN Guest

your disk may be damaged

so i am getting "your disk may be dirty or damaged. try cleaning it, or choose a different disk.(0x18)" on my cod ghost disk. now i wont lie and say its perfect it has a small scratch nothing major, i have had worse disks that work fine. if i use a baby
    wipe it usually works fine scratch and all but today i went to try and play, it was in the xb all night and i played last night, now it wont read it so i took it out cleaned it and nothing.

so my question is, is this a known issue? is there a fix short of buying a new one? or is it a cod issue (ie there disks are crap)

:)

NEWMFIN, Jan 5, 2014
  2. maxen
    maxen Guest
    Your disk may be dirty or damaged error?

All the power cycle does is power it down completely. If you have the console set to Instant On it never actually shuts down fully, so shutting it down fully once in a while by way of a power cycle is beneficial as it resolves a few problems, hopefully including
    your disc drive issue.

maxen, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Deuce4eva
    Deuce4eva Guest

Is it safe to power cycle twice? What does a power cycle do?

Deuce4eva, Jan 5, 2014
  4. MDG o CROWN o Win User

movies on 360

There can be 3 factors:
    1.- your disk is damaged
    2.- Your disc may not be original
    3.- the laser reader of your xbox may be damaged
  5. Deuce4eva Win User

Is it safe to power cycle twice? What does a power cycle do?
  6. maxen Win User

You're right, this was an issue in one of the Previews - April's I believe?

Try doing a complete power cycle (support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console) and clear the persistent storage (Settings>Disc & BluRay>Clear Persistent Storage, then power
    cycle again for good measure) and see if that improves things for you.

Let us know how you get on.
  7. maxen Win User

All the power cycle does is power it down completely. If you have the console set to Instant On it never actually shuts down fully, so shutting it down fully once in a while by way of a power cycle is beneficial as it resolves a few problems, hopefully including
    your disc drive issue.
  8. GrowlingYapper Win User

It seems disc drive problems are still showing up it went through half dozen fixes but still remains for some people

The power cycle is like when you reboot your desktop/laptop it shouldn't do any harm
Thema:

your disk may be damaged

1. your disk may be damaged - Similar Threads - disk may damaged

2. Chronic disk reading error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Chronic disk reading error: just got a xbox s few months back and now i am getting a chronic error what to do. aeba54a7-c8fd-4c0a-8f4c-e66bf18ccee4
  3. converting games from disk to digital

in XBoX on Consoles
    converting games from disk to digital: I want to buy an Xbox Series S and at the moment i have an Xbox One S. All of my games are on Disk and the Series S does not have a disk drive. Is there any way to convert these disk games to...
  4. Unreadable disk in the same spot on new disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unreadable disk in the same spot on new disk: My son's xbox360 game has an error code saying disk is unreadable. We purchased the same game brand new as it's his favorite as we thought it was most probably scratched but the new disk stops at...
  5. Downloading issues with disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloading issues with disk: When i try to download rdr2 (with disk) it just keeps canceling and if i restart my xbox it still wont download, someone help? 7df738ca-9880-4d6b-948a-736c20783052
  6. My modern warfare 2 disk won't load in my Xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    My modern warfare 2 disk won't load in my Xbox one x: My new modern warfare disk won't load up 08697485-30e7-4455-b4a6-30ff528d9c6c
  7. 0x80820003 - %2 The Xbox one s won’t read disks Please help I’ve reset the console...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x80820003 - %2 The Xbox one s won’t read disks Please help I’ve reset the console...: 0x80820003 - %2 The Xbox one s won’t read disks Please help I’ve reset the console Powered down Everything known to man And it still gives the same error...
  8. I've been trying to install rdr2 on my xbox one s it's in disk format and it stops...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've been trying to install rdr2 on my xbox one s it's in disk format and it stops...: Install rdr2 troubleshooting broken disk 2839a95c-f48b-4756-88d6-69cd84fd4659
  9. Getting 0x80820003 0x75 disk may be dirty or damaged try cleaning it or choose a different one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting 0x80820003 0x75 disk may be dirty or damaged try cleaning it or choose a different one: I have Gears of war 1 , 2 and 3 , borderlands 1 and the GOTY edition - they are all getting this error I just purchased the xbox on Thanksgiving ( just received it yesterday) it downloaded the...
  10. Your disk may be dirty or damaged error?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Your disk may be dirty or damaged error?: It seems like im the only one that keeps getting this error. It happens occasionally for me and as soon as it happens I take it out and put it back in and it works fine. I take pretty good care of...