You need a parents account to do this

Discus and support You need a parents account to do this in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought the Xbox one last night and as I was entering my account info to sign in to Xbox live it said I need an adult account in order to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MRF1NLAY, Jan 4, 2014.

1. MRF1NLAY
    MRF1NLAY Guest

I just bought the Xbox one last night and as I was entering my account info to sign in to Xbox live it said I need an adult account in order to proceed. I don't have an adult account and my account is considered a child account since I'm still 16, does
    anyone know how to fix this? Or do I need to get a new account?

:)

MRF1NLAY, Jan 4, 2014
  2. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    I am unable to click on anything in the access to content tab in the privacy settings on xbox one

Are you underage? Do you have a parent account? If so, then your parent will need to access your settings from their account to change them.

onyxishere, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Xbox Live child account does not allow purchasing of music/videos in Windows 8 Xbox apps

Hey there isaacsben,

Since you're on a child account, there is likely a parent account that your account is tied to. You may need to use that parent account to change your settings. Do you remember when setting up the account who you may have designated to be the parent on the
    account?

Mister Barakus, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Bazajaytee
    Bazajaytee Guest

You need a parental account to set up the system for you and set you up as a user (can still use that same account you have) due to your minor account.

Bazajaytee, Jan 4, 2014
  5. Bazajaytee Win User

You need a parental account to set up the system for you and set you up as a user (can still use that same account you have) due to your minor account.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Help with parental account

well technically you do need to relog into the parental account to remove the child account from parental windows live id

you will still need to relogin and reassociate a parental email to the account
  7. Jay S1928 Win User

Minecraft Multiplayer

is your account Child or Adult generally if the account is set to child your parents will need to allow you to play multiplayer you will need to be 13+ do play multiplayer with out parents approval they will need to access the account from the parent associated
    account and the ywill need to give you the access you need
  8. xXI Dad IXx Win User

Cant sign into XBL on my friends xbox

are there parental controls on your account?? if so you will need your parents to allow you to do so.
  9. onyxishere Win User

I am unable to click on anything in the access to content tab in the privacy settings on xbox one

Are you underage? Do you have a parent account? If so, then your parent will need to access your settings from their account to change them.
Thema:

1. You need a parents account to do this - Similar Threads - need parents account

2. I need to change my account from child to teen but my parents don’t think that they have an...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change my account from child to teen but my parents don’t think that they have an...: I need to be able to find the account that is controlling that setting. 23ab64ad-7fa1-4a1a-a16b-ef342b90c850
  3. Need to change a child account into a parent/adult account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to change a child account into a parent/adult account.: Hello, my daughter has had her Xbox for a few years now and I think she's old enough to have 0 restriction on her console, because there are a lot of silly things she still needs help fixing,...
  4. it says you need to go on a parent account to change settings, but there's no parent to my...

in XBoX on Mobile
    it says you need to go on a parent account to change settings, but there's no parent to my...: i'm 15 and was trying to buy a minecraft realm for me and my friends to play on, but it says that my account is a child account and i need a parent account to give me access to settings. only...
  5. unable to buy xbox gold ultimate for £1 - child account - you need a parent to buy this

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to buy xbox gold ultimate for £1 - child account - you need a parent to buy this: Hi, I am trying to get my son access to the xbox game pass ultimate. He has 12 months left of xbox live but when we try and buy ultimate for £1 we get the following You need a parent to buy this...
  6. Need a parent account even though I can added my debit card as an age verification

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need a parent account even though I can added my debit card as an age verification: So basically, when I try to sign into my Xbox One I have the same problem about how I need an Adult to be my parent, even though my account literally says adult under account info, and I have...
  7. Need help with Xbox One parent account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with Xbox One parent account: I work at a children's home with several boys in the cottage. They all have a xbox profile/microsoft account that I have in my Microsoft Family. I changed my email address and it messed things up....
  8. Set up x Box as parent. Redeemed games to parent account, not child account. Need to transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Set up x Box as parent. Redeemed games to parent account, not child account. Need to transfer: I don't want these games under the parent account as this needs ME to be signed in for my child to play. I want to move these (redeemed) games to the child account. HOW ???...
  9. My son's account was suspended and I need to know why as a concerned parent

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son's account was suspended and I need to know why as a concerned parent: I received an enforcement email regarding my account but it is actually used by my son. I need to know what this means and what was said or done so I know how to approach this with my son. I...
  10. I can't broadcast because I need a parent account to activate it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't broadcast because I need a parent account to activate it.: Well I can't change my privacy settings to be able to broadcast my games on Xbox One. The message pops up stating that it's a child account and I must sign into a Parents account and go to family...