you can't set your default install location to that folder on xbox app

Discus and support you can't set your default install location to that folder on xbox app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; im trying to install forza horizon 5 from xbox app , when i click on install it tells me that i dont have enough space and it let me change forza... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Abbas Ali Hasan Husain, Jun 3, 2023.

1. you can't set your default install location to that folder on xbox app

im trying to install forza horizon 5 from xbox app , when i click on install it tells me that i dont have enough space and it let me change forza installation place i clicked on my other disc and it let me choose a file where to install when i click on any file it says , you can't set your default install location to that folder

:)

Abbas Ali Hasan Husain, Jun 3, 2023
  2. championdonut23 Win User

Xbox App made to change install location, causes bluescreen

I've now got control over the folder, but it still doesn't let me set it as the default install location. When I try to, it comes up with the error message 'You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another one.'
  3. Rahim Moidin1 Win User

Hi Nathan.

Create the folder "XboxGames" , go to folder properties, under the security tab - select everyone and give it full control.
  4. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Abbas. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Please try changing the drive for app installation by doing the steps below.

Go to Settings > System > Storage > Advanced Storage settings > Where new content is saved.

Solution 2: On the exact drive where you are trying to install the game, create a folder named "XboxGames." You can just select that folder to install the game there and see if it works.

Solution 3: Please go to Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates. Kindly install all the pending system updates there nad see if it sorts out the issue.
  5. Jack ‎ Win User

I'm having the same issue, but the steps above did not help. What can I do?
    I copied the ".GamingRoot" file from one drive to another and it worked instantly
  6. Tyler Peeples Win User

I am having the same issue. Any fixes?
Thema:

1. you can't set your default install location to that folder on xbox app - Similar Threads - can't set default

2. Can't open settings on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't open settings on Xbox One S: My xbox one s has been having performance issues lately, so I wanted to check for an update. I cannot access the settings menu and everytime I try, I get this message. You need to install the...
  3. Can't set default install location when trying to install a game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't set default install location when trying to install a game.: I just purchased the PC game pass and am having issues trying to download any games. I only have the C: drive so picking a different drive won't do anything. I've tried restarting, reinstalling,...
  4. You can't set the default install location to this folder.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You can't set the default install location to this folder.: im trying to install forza horizon 5 from xbox app , when i click on install it tells me that i dont have enough space and it let me change forza installation place i clicked on my other disc and...
  5. Can't install games on my external drive. There is a message: "You can't set your default...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on my external drive. There is a message: "You can't set your default...: I can choose my external E: drive in the drive selection menu, but when I try to select the folder I get: [img] I am on a fresh install of Windows and I've already tried reinstalling Xbox app...
  6. Can't set default save location to specific drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't set default save location to specific drive.: ติดตั้งเกม Forza Horizon 4 ลงไดร์ D ไม่ได้ ทำตามวิธีอื่นแล้วมาติดแบบนี้ ตาม าพ [img] b2a4c086-416f-46cd-9843-38fe57d5fa13
  7. Can't set up Xbox One as default on Xbox Game Pass mobile app [Android]

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can't set up Xbox One as default on Xbox Game Pass mobile app [Android]: Can't setup my Xbox One as default on the Xbox Game Pass app for Android. When I click on any game and then I click on "Install on Xbox" (the green box at the bottom of the screen), the app shows...
  8. I can't set up my Xbox One as default on Xbox Game Pass mobile app

in XBoX on Mobile
    I can't set up my Xbox One as default on Xbox Game Pass mobile app: Im struggling with setting my Xbox One as default on the Xbox Game Pass app for Android. When I click on any game and then I click on "Install on Xbox" (the green box at the bottom of the screen),...
  9. I can't set up my Xbox One as default on Xbox Game Pass mobile app

in XBoX on Mobile
    I can't set up my Xbox One as default on Xbox Game Pass mobile app: I have aready hard reset my xbox, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. The settings are instant on and remote downloads This is becoming so frustrating I have called support and that...
  10. I can't set up my Xbox One as default on Xbox Game Pass mobile app

in XBoX on Mobile
    I can't set up my Xbox One as default on Xbox Game Pass mobile app: I'm struggling with setting my Xbox One as default on the Xbox Game Pass app for Android. When I click on any game and then I click on "Install on Xbox" (the green box at the bottom of the...