“You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.”

Discus and support “You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.” in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Are there any suggestions to fixing this? I have gone through all the steps at aka.ms/MCMultiplayerHelp I have ensured that all the settings are... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Zach Attack1, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Zach Attack1
    Zach Attack1 Guest

Are there any suggestions to fixing this?

I have gone through all the steps at aka.ms/MCMultiplayerHelp

I have ensured that all the settings are enabled, I have “allowed” every option under my privacy & safety settings, including, but not limited to:

• “You can create and join clubs”
    • “You can join multiplayer games”
    I am a legal adult, 26 years of age. My Microsoft account reflects this, as does my Xbox profile. The account is an adult account and has no child restrictions placed upon it. I have no other family members on the Xbox, I am the only account, and the game had been purchased through this account.

I’ve tried power cycling my Xbox, changing the network settings, reinstalling the game, and ensured that I had Xbox live gold through GamePass Ultimate. I tested my multiplayer access through Fortnite and Halo Infinite, both of which allowed me to join and play multiplayer games. For whatever reason I am unable to access realms or multiplayer in Minecraft for the Xbox One S.

The only way I’m able to join a realm on my Xbox console is if I join a friend who is actively playing on a realm, which then fixes the issue until the Xbox is put into sleep mode. This exists as a bypass to my problem, but not a solution to allowing me to join the realm independently of others being on it.

To note, I have no issues joining realms when playing on a smartphone or tablet using the same Microsoft account, this issue only persists on the Xbox; which again, is a bypass, but does not fix the issue of allowing me to play Minecraft realms on my Xbox.

:)

Zach Attack1, Jan 19, 2023
  2. Jonahthed0g Win User

Minecraft on xbox one can't play realms no matter what I do

My microsoft account is not a child account but it still has the same "error message" when I sign in with a child account. (I'm saying error message as in "you cannot play realms because of how your microsoft account
    is set up")
  3. Will Harrod Win User

I cant join minecraft realms and changing my privacy settings wont work please help

It is more of a message than error but it says "You cannot play on realms because of how your microsoft account is set up. Please ensure your online saftey settings allow multiplayer and clubs. See instructions for changing these settings as aka.ms/MCMultiplayerHelp."
  4. Francia J. Win User

You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that to play the Minecraft game online multiplayer on the Xbox console, an Xbox Live Gold subscription is required.

You may need to buy an Xbox Live Gold subscription under your wife's account. Once done, perform a powercycle on the console in that way the console will detect it.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  5. andersonpassos Win User

You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

To change the privacy settings your account must be an adult account, otherwise you will not have access.

see it in your privacy settings:

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/family-onli...

if your account is for a child, you need an adult account to link your account and manage your privacy settings
  6. MattieMundy Win User

I'm having the exact same issue as OP. I have done everything above mentioned. All my settings are correct. Powercycled, uninstalled and reinstalled, factory reset my xbox as you suggested as well and it still tells me this.

My only difference to OP is I have Xbox Game Pass for Console.
Thema:

1. “You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.” - Similar Threads - “You cannot play

2. How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up": How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up" Ive tryd everything I've restarted my Xbox, uninstall then reinstall, I've done all of the family...
  3. Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set...: Hello, Long-time Xbox user and Minecraft player. We are using Xbox Family to manage child accounts. Both of my children have an active Xbox Game Pass subscription. Both are playing on Xbox One....
  4. You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.: have done everything in family settings but still this message pops up every time i try to play games now and I've never changed anything please help. 4846ed81-c8df-46b9-be96-4fd2c2ee0648
  5. How do I fix the "you cannot play on realms because of how your account is set up" error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix the "you cannot play on realms because of how your account is set up" error: Hello. I don't know what to do anymore. I have tried everything I can do to go ahead and fix this but I still can't. I've been trying to play Minecraft multiplayer for around 2 month's. I've tried...
  6. I cannot play cod ghosts anymore it always says “to play you need to buy it”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play cod ghosts anymore it always says “to play you need to buy it”: I was trying to hop on call of duty ghosts today and all of the sudden I got an error that I need to buy it in order to play it even tho I have brought the game and own it so I said “that’s weird”...
  7. Hey I’m having issues that says you cannot play realms because of how your Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey I’m having issues that says you cannot play realms because of how your Microsoft...: Hey I’m having issues that says you cannot play realms because of how your Microsoft account is set up. I made everything allow like add friends and play online but it keeps saying that. What...
  8. “You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. Please...

in XBoX Accessibility
    “You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. Please...: I have done a million different things to make this go away, all of my privacy and safety settings allow everything, i’ve tries restarting my xbox, etc. If someone has any other tips to make this...
  9. Minecraft: "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Xbox Live account is set up"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Xbox Live account is set up": Hello, We have a nintendo switch with minecraft and just bought an xbox series X and installed a new copy of Minecraft. We created a realm for 2 players on the switch and uploaded the world....
  10. You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.: I was trying to play Minecraft on my xbox online then the game said that how my account was setup it wouldn't let me play the online game. I also enable the Multiplayer option in my Xbox privacy...