Years long Gamertag Recovery Effort!!!!1

Discus and support Years long Gamertag Recovery Effort!!!!1 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Ladies and gentlemen, Those reading are now privy to the longest customer service struggle of my lifetime. I have been trying to recover my old xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by McHandsome, Jun 22, 2020.

1. McHandsome
    McHandsome Guest

Ladies and gentlemen,

Those reading are now privy to the longest customer service struggle of my lifetime. I have been trying to recover my old xbox 360 gamertag () for multiple unsuccessful years. It seems no one wants to truly help me, the customer service protocols
    are unbelievably impersonal these days.

The gamertag is unfortunately attached to an old AOL email that they shut down due to inactivity. To be honest I don't remember any real security details this far down the road. All I have is my original xbox 360 that auto-logs me in. So, I have very specific
    game data, random dates, past DLC information, and multiple email accounts that it could possibly be linked to (multiple of which no linger work).

If anyone at Microsoft is reading this or anyone else that can help, please allow me access to my gamertag that is not via the traditional account recovery questionnaire. I have filled that thing out maybe 20 times over the years and it never ever works
    because I don't know the answers to the opinion based security questions I made when I was 16 (I'm now 29 and my "favorite song" or whatever has changed a thousand times since then).

Open to any and all suggestions. Recovering this gamertag is 100% my deciding factor in buying the new xbox series X when it becomes available. If I can't get into my gamertag with all my game history and data, I don't see the point in buying another xbox.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

:)

McHandsome, Jun 22, 2020
  2. RainingRoses Win User

Hi McHandsome,

I understand this and agree that there should be memorable questions, with answers unique to you, to verify your account.

Unfortunately, this isn’t possible. As far as I know, the only way to get back into your account is to fill in the account recovery form:

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Although, this isn’t always helpful, as someone could’ve hacked your account and changed your details, or as in your case, you no longer have access to the account details.

Keep trying the form with different account information (there’s no limit apart from maximum 2 submissions per day). Answer as many questions as possible, even if you think they’re wrong. A wrong answer is better than no answer at all :)

Try to see if you’re able to access your account email. If the account recovery is successful, microsoft will send you an email (to one you provided) with help resetting your account.

I understand the frustration and appreciate that you may feel like you’re going round in circles with this.

Hopefully you’re able to get back into your account, ask friends and family for help.

Sorry, I’m out of suggestions.

Thanks for your patience, and update us on the outcome.

Good luck and take care 😊
  3. McHandsome Win User

Hello RainingRoses,

I appreciate @SteeledWand7664's reply, but unfortunately the xbox only signs me into my profile and not into my profile PLUS Xbox LIVE. So, in the settings menu, "Account" is not highlight-able and is not an option to open vs. "system" or "profile" or "family"
    currently is. It would be amazing if that was the case, but sadly it is not.

Now, RainingRoses, you're starting to speak my language. This xbox and Xbox LIVE profile/gamertag were originally registered to an address that's still in the family, I have only ever had one cell number and one home number, and I have, at max, 3 options
    for what the email *could* be. My xbox auto-populates my old AOL email into the log-in bar, but as it is so old I am afraid it could be a different one and the xbox is just remembering a default.

In terms of bank cards, whatever card was ever used to buy the various DLCs, of which there was a lot happening, all cards are long expired or decommissioned by now.

Is there a case where xbox can hook me up to a polygraph or give me a questionnaire that asks me specific game data and DLC questions that I can answer using my memory and actual xbox? I feel there are so many other ways to verify that this gamertag is mine,
    but they are not paid attention to. For example, my gamer picture has been the flag of an obscure European country that my family is from for nearly 10 years. No one could identify that country besides me, ya know?
  4. iiKxnqWolf Win User

that is not possible, yet im very sorry for what happened
  5. McHandsome Win User

Luckily, I am telling the truth and can prove my authenticity in a myriad of ways that Xbox chooses not to include in their recovery process. Did I mention how impersonal it has become? Wish me luck!
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

If it automatically signs you in on your 360 you should be able to go into settings and it will tell you the email address under account that is associated with that particular profile.

Once you find that out you can go to account.live.com/acsr and fill the form out.

It sounds like you may have tried that.

If not once you fill that form out and if you receive an email saying that you have not provided enough information to the account recovery team you can contact xbox support and they can fill out a form with some more information about your account and the
    360 console that it was on previously and send that form to the account recovery team and if that has enough correct information then they would send you an email link to reset your password.
Thema:

1. Years long Gamertag Recovery Effort!!!!1 - Similar Threads - Years long Gamertag

2. Is there still any way to get this unfair year long ban lifted?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there still any way to get this unfair year long ban lifted?: Yesterday I received a year long ban that originally started out as a 2 day ban and all my appeals were denied because someone decided to spam report my account for saying the n word not the hard...
  3. Why doesnt Microsoft make their warranty as a 1 year or however long you bought and then 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesnt Microsoft make their warranty as a 1 year or however long you bought and then 1...: I got the controller last Christmas and the warranty expired in January now the bumpers don't work and it's cost over 100 dollars to fix it 752f6a80-a7fa-47e7-9a90-094b9464a554
  4. Returning Minecraft player after years-long break seems to have lost my unique username I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Returning Minecraft player after years-long break seems to have lost my unique username I...: Please help and please do NOT refer me to the Minecraft Help Center, as they literally just auto email me saying they cannot help and to contact the uncontactable Microsoft support. I played...
  5. (PC/Xbox From Steam) Forza Horizon 5, over a year long bug, no fixes and support ignoring...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (PC/Xbox From Steam) Forza Horizon 5, over a year long bug, no fixes and support ignoring...: Issues within Forza Horizon 5. Annoying bug/Glitch preventing me from playing the game further for a 5 weeks now. Already attempted through their end of a support, resulting with a pre-generated...
  6. Thoughts on Elder Scrolls Online's year long story?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Thoughts on Elder Scrolls Online's year long story?: Elder Scrolls Online has had a year long story going on called Season of The Dragon. So far, it's been fantastic and we've been able to travel to new parts of Tamriel. New stories, new characters,...
  7. Purchased a Year Long Game Live and Game Pass and can't use with family

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a Year Long Game Live and Game Pass and can't use with family: I purchased a 12 month Live Game and Gold Pass and activated undery account intendihifor it to be used for my family members listed under my account including my children. I am able to use them...
  8. Bought 1 year subscription to ea, how long to get my rewards points for the purchase ?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Bought 1 year subscription to ea, how long to get my rewards points for the purchase ?: Just wondered how long till i see my reward points for the purchase. Any intel would be appriciated, cheers and happy Victoria day Canada, 0cd87114-026d-4ca5-aae6-465fccdcc87d
  9. Adventure Achievements - Year Long Excursion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adventure Achievements - Year Long Excursion: I have now completed 3 full maps in Wordament, 4 full maps in Jumble, 2 full maps in Crosswords and yet the achievements page tells me I have only completed 3 out of 12. Am I missing something?...
  10. Gears of War 4 Year long ban

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War 4 Year long ban: I was banned. Have been playing for years. How can I get this reversed? 5e792f38-4a21-424b-9bdc-e9300bbb53aa