Yamaha RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR

Discus and support Yamaha RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Yamaha (Audio/Video Receivers) RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR Hi ARC is a feature on TV's and is not... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Rodney Mayhew, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Yamaha RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR

Yamaha (Audio/Video Receivers) RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR
    Hi

ARC is a feature on TV's and is not required to be a feature on the XBOX. Basically its a daisy-chain system where all audio and video features are process by the receiver as well as the TV. This allows
    TV and gaming consoles to all have their audio processed via the receiver instead of separate connections / sources.

In theory, ARC is supposed to let you have one connection between your TV and whatever you use to create sound: a receiver or a sound bar .
    You send video to the TV with an HDMI cable, and that same HDMI cable sends audio from the TV back down the same cable.

:)

Rodney Mayhew, Aug 18, 2019
  2. sandy the hippy Win User

Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR

I'm almost certain that ARC is NOT supported by the xbox
  3. Rodney Mayhew Win User

Hi Rodney,

Thanks for coming to the forums. Sounds like the Yamaha receiver may not be fully compatible with the Xbox. As you have tested two different types with the same set up. herwe are a couple links that show how to set up and troubleshoot.

1. https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/live-tv/connect-console-to-home-theater
    2. https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/troubleshooting-4k-and-hdr-on-xbox-one
    Hope this helps.

Brad
    Dear Brad

Thanks for your response.

I have the Yamaha RX-V385 receiver which supports 4K Passthrough - HDCP 2.2 / 4K / HDR options including HDR10 etc and to prove this when the Xbox One X is connected directly to the TV with HDMI (not using ARC) then all
    HDR / Display options pass except for Dolby Atmos which I don't use so it's not relevant. Your response is incorrect because if was not compatible it would not work flawlessly with an independent 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player.

I was told to connect the HDMI output from the Xbox One X to one of the HDMI in ports on the back of the receiver, but maybe this method is not suitable for the Xbox One X. I then connected another HDMI from ARC HDMI port on the TV to the ARC connection on
    the receiver however I suspect this may not be correct.

I've spent 7 hours troubleshooting this and below is an update:-

1. My Samsung 50" 4K Ultra HD (UA50KU6000) only has one UHD HDCP 2.2 Port which is HDMI 1 (how convenient) – not.

2. If you want ARC you are sacrificing all the HDR / 4K features on the Xbox One X

3. Only HDMI 1 allows for UHD Colour to be used which the Xbox One uses to enable all HDR / 4K features. In fact the Samsung menu shows 1 / 2 / 3 but can only be enabled on HDMI 1.

4. ARC is on HDMI 3 where UHD is not supported so the console cannot see these features and this is why the the Xbox One X failed to detect the features.

5. ARC on HDMI 3 will function when the TV goes through the receiver however when you source change to the Xbox One you hit the same issue due to the HDMI Colour option only being available on HDMI 1.

6.HDMI-CEC functionality made no difference.

7.Updating the Receiver firmware made no difference either.

As a final test I will test my Panasonic 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray player on its own on the other HDMI ports to see if it is truly the HDMI ports on the TV, or just an Xbox One X restriction. Suffice to say at the moment if you
    want 4K HDR / Xbox Gaming you need to use HDMI 1 and forgo ARC, and if wanting TV audio via the receiver ARC can be used but you cannot mix both connection types and have HDR / ARC together and would have to keep switching between both for TV / XBOX and changing
    the HDMI port as well.

So in effect at current ARC with UHD cannot be used combined due to the UHD port restriction. It's quite iffy to have HDMI Colour listed for HDMI 1 / 2 / 3 but can only enable it for HDMI 1 but maybe a hardware limitation.

I was also contemplating that this ARC setup is confusing the Xbox One X and reporting video compatibility incorrectly.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

5. Rodney Mayhew Win User

: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR

Hi

ARC is a feature on TV's and is not required to be a feature on the XBOX. Basically its a daisy-chain system where all audio and video features are process by the receiver as well as the TV. This allows
    TV and gaming consoles to all have their audio processed via the receiver instead of separate connections / sources.

In theory, ARC is supposed to let you have one connection between your TV and whatever you use to create sound: a receiver or a sound bar .
    You send video to the TV with an HDMI cable, and that same HDMI cable sends audio from the TV back down the same cable.
  6. mar007Br Win User

Dolby Atmos delay on Xbox Series X

same problem here with the xbox one x connected directly to the receiver yamaha RX-V585
Thema:

Yamaha RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR

1. Yamaha RX-V375: Xbox One X / Samsung UA50KU6000 / Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver / 4K HDR - Similar Threads - Yamaha V375 Samsung

2. Xbox One turns on Zone 2 for Yamaha receiver

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One turns on Zone 2 for Yamaha receiver: I have a Yamaha tsr-700 receiver. When I turn on my Xbox One from a completely off state it turns my reciever and TV on as expected but it also turns on the Zone 2 for the reciever. I have seen...
  3. Xbox One Turning on all zones of Yamaha Receiver On & Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Turning on all zones of Yamaha Receiver On & Off: I have a Yamaha Receiver RX-3077 and I have set up my Xbox One S to turn on the receiver when the Xbox turns on. When I turn on the Xbox, all the zones turn on. This is a problem because zone 2...
  4. I have a Yamaha rx v681 connected to my xsx with bitstream dts x selected but I get no...

in XboX Insiders
    I have a Yamaha rx v681 connected to my xsx with bitstream dts x selected but I get no...: DTS:X Yamaha rx v681 submitted by /u/CG679 [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox Series X Atmos issues with Yamaha TSR-700

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Atmos issues with Yamaha TSR-700: I'm on the most recent Omega update which I believe should have solved Atmos issues, but I'm still having them. I've tried plugging the xbox into the TV and the receiver with mixed results (using...
  6. Connect series x to a soundbar yamaha sr-b20a

in XboX Insiders
    Connect series x to a soundbar yamaha sr-b20a: Hallo i want to connect my series x to my soundbar yamaha, i have a hisense h43m3000 tv, the soundbar have 2 optical and one arc hdmi, what is the better way to connect? hdmi arc from tv to...
  7. Xbox Series X disables HDMI CEC / ARC connectivity from TV (LG) to Amplifier (Yamaha)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X disables HDMI CEC / ARC connectivity from TV (LG) to Amplifier (Yamaha): TV: LG OLED77CX3 Amplifier: Yamaha RX-A2050 Xbox Series X is connected directly to TV HDMI input (for HDR and 120hz compatibility) and sound is routed via TV to the amplifier via HDMI ARC....
  8. : Xbox Series X and Yamaha Receiver

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Xbox Series X and Yamaha Receiver: : Xbox Series X and Yamaha Receiver Hi All, I have an issue with the CEC functionality of the Xbox Series X. Its able to turn my Samsung TV on and off just fine, but it is only able to turn OFF...
  9. : Xbox Series X CEC Issue with Yamaha Receiver

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Xbox Series X CEC Issue with Yamaha Receiver: : Xbox Series X CEC Issue with Yamaha Receiver I just got my Series X and am experiencing issues with the CEC functionality with my Yamaha v383 receiver. The system will turn the receiver on and...
  10. Yamaha RX-V375: 4K HDR TV issue

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Yamaha RX-V375: 4K HDR TV issue: Yamaha (Audio/Video Receivers) RX-V375: 4K HDR TV issue Pretty sure, I'll double check. Even when I connect straight from Xbox to TV, no amp, I get similar issues. I have managed to get a signal...