Y axis preference

Discus and support Y axis preference in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On the 360 there's a preference to invert the controller Y axis as a default for all games. I couldn't find this setting on the xbox one, so I called... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gianni Reb, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Gianni Reb
    Gianni Reb Guest

Y axis preference

On the 360 there's a preference to invert the controller Y axis as a default for all games. I couldn't find this setting on the xbox one, so I called customer support and was told that it doesn't exist (at least, not yet).

Is there any plan for bringing this feature back? Is it a feature that just didn't make it into launch, or was it a deliberate omission?

:)

Gianni Reb, Jan 6, 2014
  2. Mithgar01
    Mithgar01 Guest
    Invert the Y-Axis Option for Destiny

PS: I think the Borderlands 2 game default is to invert the y-axis.

Also, the Xbox 360 itself lets the user specify the option/preference to have the y-axis inverted, but Destiny ignores that preference. Does its own thing. Ignores the user. Ignores Xbox preferences.

Mithgar01, Jan 6, 2014
  3. Controller settings

[quote user="Gianni Reb"]On the 360 there's a preference to invert the controller Y axis as a default for all games. [/quote]

Where is this on the 360,i couldn`t find it.

THEOWENKILLER, Jan 6, 2014
  4. sniffles x
    sniffles x Guest

Y axis preference

Hey Gianni,

I don't know if they forgot this feature or maybe it wasn't ready for launch, we will never know. I would like them to bring it back as I play inverted too.

If you want to see it in an update then make a post in the
    feedback forums
    because the more people suggesting it the better, thanks!

sniffles x, Jan 6, 2014
  5. DrMagical
    DrMagical Guest
    Yes, I couldn't work out why each new game I played was set the wrong way by default, then I remembered that 360 had a player preference setting! Inverted is the correct way to play for sure and should be default anyway but until there is justice in the
    world and the non-inverters perish lets hope for a patch and added features!

DrMagical, Oct 31, 2018
  6. DrMagical Win User

Y axis preference

Yes, I couldn't work out why each new game I played was set the wrong way by default, then I remembered that 360 had a player preference setting! Inverted is the correct way to play for sure and should be default anyway but until there is justice in the
    world and the non-inverters perish lets hope for a patch and added features!
  7. sniffles x Win User

Y axis preference

Hey Gianni,

I don't know if they forgot this feature or maybe it wasn't ready for launch, we will never know. I would like them to bring it back as I play inverted too.

If you want to see it in an update then make a post in the
    feedback forums
    because the more people suggesting it the better, thanks!
  8. Mithgar01 Win User

Invert the Y-Axis Option for Destiny

PS: I think the Borderlands 2 game default is to invert the y-axis.

Also, the Xbox 360 itself lets the user specify the option/preference to have the y-axis inverted, but Destiny ignores that preference. Does its own thing. Ignores the user. Ignores Xbox preferences.
  9. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Controller settings

[quote user="Gianni Reb"]On the 360 there's a preference to invert the controller Y axis as a default for all games. [/quote]

Where is this on the 360,i couldn`t find it.
  10. Altage Win User

Invert X axis on xbox one x

Usually, the x axis isnt inverted. The Y axis has an invert option for FPS games, or other games that you may invert the Y axis.
Thema:

Y axis preference

1. Y axis preference - Similar Threads - axis preference

2. It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much,...

in XBoX on Windows
    It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much,...: It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much, it's happening in my games and everywhere else, how do I fix it? I think it is my console...
  3. Invert X-Axis in Xbox Accessories app

in XboX Insiders
    Invert X-Axis in Xbox Accessories app: Xbox Accessories>Configure>Edit>Mapping>Right Stick>Primary>"Invert X-Axis" does not exist! (Invert Y-axis) is a setting that exists, exactly, in the same menu. However, having an X-axis...
  4. Why can't I flip the X Axis in either standard controller accessories app or Adaptive...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I flip the X Axis in either standard controller accessories app or Adaptive...: The Xbox adaptive controller allows almost perfect customization. I have found literally only one thing that you cannot change on the Xbox adaptive controller accessories app or standard...
  5. How to invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X?: On the Xbox Series X from the Accessibility section of the Settings menu how do I invert the X axis of the Right Analogue Stick. e0ff03c1-70bf-4fed-9419-5546493afcbd
  6. How Do You Flip the X axis on a USB controller plugged into the Adaptive controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    How Do You Flip the X axis on a USB controller plugged into the Adaptive controller: There are like two or three good reasons why I would like to have both the Xbox accessories app for both the standard controller and for the Xbox adaptive controller to be able to have access...
  7. Invert X-Axis on Xbox Series

in XBoX on Consoles
    Invert X-Axis on Xbox Series: Hi there, My girlfriend is certainly one of the few percentages of humanity for whom the x and y axes have to be inverted in many games (e.g. working with point-of-view angles). She regularly...
  8. Where can I invert the x or y-axis for the analog stick on the Xbox Elite Series 2...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I invert the x or y-axis for the analog stick on the Xbox Elite Series 2...: This is a screenshot of the Xbox Accessories app. As you can see I am on the stick tab. There is no option to invert the x or y-axis. Why can I invert them on a normal Xbox controller but not...
  9. Option to invert left stick x-axis in Xbox Accessories App on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Option to invert left stick x-axis in Xbox Accessories App on PC: Would it be possible to add the option, in the Xbox Accessories App on PC, to invert the x-axis of the left stick of the xbox one controller (or any supported controller)? I can't imagine that it...
  10. There is no option to invert the x or y-axis on the Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    There is no option to invert the x or y-axis on the Elite Series 2: You can invert them on a normal controller but not on the Elite Series 2. I looked through the Xbox Accessories App but there is no option for it with the Elite....