XSX - When playing a non-4k Blu-ray disc, the screen goes black (with work around)

Discus and support XSX - When playing a non-4k Blu-ray disc, the screen goes black (with work around) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have previously posted feedback of this and (hopefully correctly) attached the logs to the feedback. The issue has been ongoing for a long time and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/mijisanub, Apr 12, 2021.

1. /u/mijisanub
    /u/mijisanub Guest

XSX - When playing a non-4k Blu-ray disc, the screen goes black (with work around)

I have previously posted feedback of this and (hopefully correctly) attached the logs to the feedback.

The issue has been ongoing for a long time and I have been on Alpha Skip Ahead pretty much since I got the console.

The title is self explanatory, but it basically comes down to when I play Blu-ray discs that aren't in 4K, I have to disable 4k on my Xbox Series X to get the video to not go to a black screen. Once the screen goes black, the TV eventually says "Signal not found." I can recover from this state by using the controller to launch the guide and click "A" to select "Home" from the top of the menu.

I can 100% recreate this issue so if anyone would need me to do that to diagnose it further, I have zero issues with that.

submitted by /u/mijisanub
    [link] [comments]

/u/mijisanub, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Totoro Ninja Win User

DISSAPPOINTING MKV, AVI not playing any sound on Xbox One

Really! That is a bit odd. VLC should play most videos. VLC doesn't play Blu-ray or 4k discs, as that's what the Blu-ray app is for.

Speaking of the BD app, it's played all my 10 4k disc just fine, but only most of my BD discs work. The 2nd and 3rd discs of my Planet of the Apes Primal collection (8 discs) don't work. No errors or anything, just stays at a black screen after the app starts.
  3. TimeLord8286 Win User

Xbox One S, Vizio M55-D0, 4K UHD HDR Problems! (Black Screen, Snowy Screen)

I am having a similar issue with my M55-D0 and my One S. With HDR on I get a black screen/snowy screen when I load up a 4K Blu-ray disc. Normal 4K works fine'ish. I've tried other HDMI cables.
  4. Jo2Men Win User

Regular Blu Ray not playing at XBox One

XBox does not recognize any Blu Ray disc movie. I tried other Blu Ray discs and they didn't work too. But when I insert a 4K movie, it plays.
  5. Dustin Lane Win User

Xbox series X and LG C2 problems.

Thank you for doing the legwork to solve this issue. I am having the same problems with my C2 and XSX. It plays games and Blu-Rays wonderfully, but when it comes to streaming anything (Disney and Max) I get either a black screen or digital fuzz. My PS5 works wonderfully.

I picked up the coupler that you linked and another 4K HDMI cable. They’ll be here on Friday and I’ll share my results.
  6. TaffDavies Win User

Problem reading discs

Hi Jasmine, changed to eco and games would play but no dvd's, done a soft factory reset, uninstalled and re-installed blu ray app, it played one dvd then back to same problem screen flashes between disc and black screen then press any button and the screen
    goes black and only exit is to eject dvd and it goes back to home page, games work fine
Thema:

1. XSX - When playing a non-4k Blu-ray disc, the screen goes black (with work around) - Similar Threads - XSX playing non

2. My profile on XSX only shows what Xbox 360 games I am playing. Does anyone have a fix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My profile on XSX only shows what Xbox 360 games I am playing. Does anyone have a fix?: Earlier today, my friend and I decided to load into an Xbox 360 game, Splinter cell blacklist. When we were done playing, we both quit out. However, it still showed on both of our profiles that we...
  3. I cannot play multiplayer with anyone on the Saint's Row reboot. XsX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play multiplayer with anyone on the Saint's Row reboot. XsX: I have read about doing this and have followed all available instructions that I could find but one of us always ends up with the msg 'Joining....' 'Waiting on the host to accept', or something...
  4. XSX to PC Remote Play Black Screen Issue

in XboX Insiders
    XSX to PC Remote Play Black Screen Issue: I've done a lot of testing of this issue and just want to make sure that the xbox team is aware or at least investigating it. It doesn't seem to be super widespread, but if you do some searching,...
  5. PC to XSX remote play not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC to XSX remote play not working.: I have a XSX on my other room. XSX is ethernet cable connected. I have no problem to remote play on my android phone or iphone. but when i try to remote play my XSX on my windows PC(which is...
  6. PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later: Trying to remote play via the Xbox app on Windows 10. It will turn on the console, play the loading rocket ship animation, then go to a black screen for 1 minute before it displays "You have been...
  7. XSX Remote Play to Windows - "Trying to Reconnect"

in XboX Insiders
    XSX Remote Play to Windows - "Trying to Reconnect": I've got a Dell Latitude 7390. When I try to remote play to Windows using the beta Xbox app, it will launch the remote play session and when it should have a popup that says "[username] started...
  8. Remote Play Questions with S9 and XSX

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play Questions with S9 and XSX: I loaded up remote play on my S9 and i've had some issues. Maybe im not doing something correctly: 1) How do i quit a game and go back to the main menu. Every time i end the streaming, everything...
  9. XSX Play and Charge Kit

in XBoX on Consoles
    XSX Play and Charge Kit: Hi, I purchased the new play and charge kit for my Xbox Series X, but the new kit doesnt have a light on the cord like the old one. So my question is, how do I know when my controller is fully...
  10. Ability to play Xbox One X titles at 1080p/120FPS on my XSX

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ability to play Xbox One X titles at 1080p/120FPS on my XSX: Hi all, I wanted to know if I can play Warzone on 1080p @ 120 FPS on my XSX right off the bat. I play on a 144hz 1080p monitor that supports 144hz through HDMI 1.4 and theoretically should run...