XSX network help please!

Discus and support XSX network help please! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my Xbox has been acting super strangely lately in that I can play online games and don’t lag In them and I can watch Netflix and YouTube, but I can’t... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dakota Taylor, Aug 16, 2022.

1. XSX network help please!

my Xbox has been acting super strangely lately in that I can play online games and don’t lag In them and I can watch Netflix and YouTube, but I can’t load crunchy roll, Amazon prime and my download speeds are like 4mbps with all apps and games closed on a network that gives my phone 500mbps. I’ve tried resetting my Xbox (keep all games and apps). I’ve tried clearing MAC address and changing dns settings. I don’t know what to try next as this is an issue with my Xbox not my internet XSX network help please! :(

:)

Dakota Taylor, Aug 16, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

XSX network help please!

From your side everything seems fine and you already tried basically everything from the network troubleshooting guide.

My last advise before share this feedback with Xbox team (in case is a bug with the latest firmware) is perform an offline update for your console.

In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch.
    For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with steps):

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Dakota Taylor Win User

XSX network help please!

On edge I’m getting 40mbps and on Xbox it says I get 5.I have it set United States, and my nat type is set to open.
  4. Dakota Taylor Win User

XSX network help please!

Might I add I can watch YouTube videos in the highest picture quality with no lag the issue is only in the download speed and Xbox store/ certain apps.
  5. Dakota Taylor Win User

XSX network help please!

I am currently on wifi, my only thought is I’ve been in the same room for the last year with the same wifi and this is a first. After attempting to connect to my phones hotspot it got the same 5mbps download speed when I did the speed test in settings as my home network. Nothing has changed in the last couple weeks and the issue just started recently. My wireless strength says 98% on my home network. Im not sure how fast hotspots are normally so I can’t say wether 5 is good or bad. Just the same as my home speeds.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

XSX network help please!

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Dakota

May I know if your Xbox Series X is connected via cable or wifi?

If it's via WiFi, is your console too far from the router or they're in different rooms?

In order to isolate a bit more your issue, could you try connecting your console to a different wifi network (example, mobile data via wifi hotspot) and test how it goes?
Thema:

XSX network help please!

1. XSX network help please! - Similar Threads - XSX network help

2. Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...: I have a Xbox wireless headset, and when I power on it my Xbox also turn on, even if i'm using the headset in bluetooth. Is there is any option to disabled that ?...
  3. Sound Suttering XSX + LG C2 - Beta Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Sound Suttering XSX + LG C2 - Beta Ring: Has anyone been having intermittent sound stuttering lately? For at least a month and a half in any game, app or movie there is occasional stutter/choppiness with the sound. I'm on a LG C2,...
  4. Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller?: Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller? I just simply don't like the color. Or can I only buy the consule but not the controller?...
  5. bug with XSX controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    bug with XSX controller.: neither of my controllers with official charge and play batteries will charge. i got no way of seeing it charging properly on either PC or X1X. there no new updates for the controllers. it worked...
  6. [RESOLVED] XSX Alpha Skip Ahead: Boot Loop / Error E208 00000003 00000006 After Launching...

in XboX Insiders
    [RESOLVED] XSX Alpha Skip Ahead: Boot Loop / Error E208 00000003 00000006 After Launching...: Rebooted to Dev Mode Error E208 while preparing Stuck in a boot loop where the troubleshooting guide launches and system restarts before controller can pair Removed main power, Seagate expansion,...
  7. Any fix for XSX download stopping and starting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any fix for XSX download stopping and starting?: My XSX is a year old and always consistently downloaded at a decent speed of 150-200Mbps. Now it starts at that usual speed and slowly drops to a complete pause of the installation within a...
  8. 机器xsx,下载速度慢(电信500m),下载速度只有80m。怎么提高下载速度

in XBoX Games and Apps
    机器xsx,下载速度慢(电信500m),下载速度只有80m。怎么提高下载速度: 机器xsx,下载速度慢(电信500m),下载速度只有80m。怎么提高下载速度 a74ea200-dc56-4018-bdfe-3c6a9f1fd59c
  9. XSX shutdown when update

in XBoX on Consoles
    XSX shutdown when update: When updating, just finishing the varifying step, my xsx will turn off. After turning off, it cannot be waken up with controller. And if press the power button, it will turn off again after few...
  10. pix gpu capture on xsx - file not found?

in XBoX on Consoles
    pix gpu capture on xsx - file not found?: I can no longer run gpu captures for xsx. I have tried repairing and reinstalling the GDK but every time I try a gpu capture I get a message about a file not found. PIX is displaying the game just...