XSX - Games on internal drive taking long to start

Discus and support XSX - Games on internal drive taking long to start in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm on the latest beta build. For a while now (honestly I'm not sure how long as sometimes I go weeks without turning my console on), any games on the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/YankeesIT, Nov 29, 2021.

1. /u/YankeesIT
    /u/YankeesIT Guest

I'm on the latest beta build. For a while now (honestly I'm not sure how long as sometimes I go weeks without turning my console on), any games on the internal drive take quite a while to get started. By get started I mean from clicking the button on the controller to seeing the full screen splash image. In the past it would be somewhat instant. I'm noticing an 8 to 10 second delay, sometimes a bit longer as well.

I do have external drives hooked up for cold storage as well as non XS games, and games on those devices seem to load just fine.

To troubleshoot I have rebooted the console a number of times, including pulling the power for 5 minutes or so. I have removed the external drives. I have also done a reset while keeping the games and re-setup the console and restoring a backup. So far all have not fixed the issue.

submitted by /u/YankeesIT
    [link] [comments]

/u/YankeesIT, Nov 29, 2021
  2. jasonht87 Win User

internal/external storeage devices

hi - you can move all of your internal games contents and apps onto an external drive (subject to space). there will still be some contents on your internal such as the operating system. if power is interrupted or the drive is disconnected you will just
    need to plug it back in and it will work OK. Transfers dont take long between drives as usb3 is quite fast.
  3. Tarnend Win User

Xbox One - migrate external drive contents to a larger drive?

i would connect both the drives to your console and transfer from one drive to another, both being SSD's it wont take long at all. It doesnt take long to move from my external drive to the internal on my console and neither of those are ssd, so yours should
    fly through :)

Cheers
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Discussion: Do you think there will be a 3 TB or more Xbox Series X|S expansion card in 42 months by Nov. 10th, 2025? (Tuesday, May 10th, 2022)

There is no way to know what consumer demand and prices of materials to make the drives will go that far out.

You're best off just buying a 5TB platter USB drive and just swapping games in and out of the internal memory. It doesn't take long, is available now, and way cheaper than adding a 1TB card. Only Series games have to be installed internally
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox series s/x ssd compared to 3rd party hd,S/ssd,s

You can store games on USB connected storage samw as Xbox One. If your current Xbox is still on the network you can likely also use that for storage. If you are running XsX/S games they must be on the internal or official expansion SSD. Any Xbox One titles
    will still run from the external drive.
  6. Otaku Clout Win User

Taking to long to start

Try hard resetting your Xbox, to do this you will need to press and hold the power button on your Xbox for 10 seconds then let go. After it turns off completely you can turn it back on.
Thema:

1. XSX - Games on internal drive taking long to start - Similar Threads - XSX Games internal

2. Audio lag on XSX- all apps, all games. ***TV Speakers no eARC***

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio lag on XSX- all apps, all games. ***TV Speakers no eARC***: Bought my XSX last Friday. From day one, audio lag across the entire system. All apps, all games, and dashboard navigation sounds as well EVEN OUT OF TV SPEAKERS. So no, this is not the common...
  3. My profile on XSX only shows what Xbox 360 games I am playing. Does anyone have a fix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My profile on XSX only shows what Xbox 360 games I am playing. Does anyone have a fix?: Earlier today, my friend and I decided to load into an Xbox 360 game, Splinter cell blacklist. When we were done playing, we both quit out. However, it still showed on both of our profiles that we...
  4. Lost Game clips after resetting XSX

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lost Game clips after resetting XSX: I’ve recently reset my XSX console to factory after having some problems. I’ve noticed that I don’t have any game clips apart from the ones on the network. Is there any way to get these game clips...
  5. XSX Dolby Vision Gaming issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XSX Dolby Vision Gaming issue: So I’ve been using Dolby Vision Gaming for awhile now but after i just got done playing BF2042 every time I try to play a game that uses Dolby Vision my screen glitches and never goes away but i...
  6. Why is my XSX saying that it can't save more data for this game or app (WWE 2k23)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my XSX saying that it can't save more data for this game or app (WWE 2k23)?: I messaged 2k about this because I am getting pop-ups in the game (WWE 2k23) and also through Xbox, they said to ask MIcrosoft. In game I only have 51 MB out of 1024 MB used. In the games & apps...
  7. X1X to XSX game progress transfer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X1X to XSX game progress transfer?: Hi, i have a question. I'll buy an Xbox series X this week and i'd like to know if there's a way to transfer game progress of RDR2 story mode from X1X to series X? I'm 74% into the game and i'm...
  8. Why won't the Game Pass app (iPhone) recognise that my XsX has an SSD installed?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't the Game Pass app (iPhone) recognise that my XsX has an SSD installed?: As above, app won't let me install due to a shortage of storage space because it doesn't acknowledge the extra storage. It's an official SSD, abs it seemed ok when I did the same for my wife's XsX...
  9. Dolby Vision turns on for every game? Delta OS XSX

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision turns on for every game? Delta OS XSX: Hello there! So I have an LG NANO85 series (which has all the features of LG CX but without OLED display) and I’ve noticed that every game I’ve played today (Biomutant, Gears 5, Division 2,...
  10. Xbox Game Share not working between XSX/XSS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Share not working between XSX/XSS: So after talking to "technical support" for 56 minutes trying to remedy the situation, I am STILL unable to use Gameshare between my Xbox Series S & X. Worked fine for months. Now all of a sudden...