XSX console crashes when launching MW2

Discus and support XSX console crashes when launching MW2 in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Been playing Modern Warfare 2 with no issues for a month. Today, every time I booted the game up, my console crashed. I would launch the game, then my... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/scaryghostnlm, Dec 1, 2022.

1. XSX console crashes when launching MW2

Been playing Modern Warfare 2 with no issues for a month. Today, every time I booted the game up, my console crashed. I would launch the game, then my console would turn off by itself and sometimes restart on its own (hit or miss). My controller would attempt to reconnect each time on its own. I was able to make it into a game once out of maybe 15-20 tries but then it crashed again halfway through.

Checked FIFA 23 and that seemed to be working fine with no issues whatsoever. I did a hard reset, reset my internet connection, changed my video display settings, and deleted my locally saved data for the game. None of those worked.

I'm currently uninstalling the game and reinstalling it. Do you all have any tips for how to get my Xbox to work again? This is very frustrating considering I had zero issues with the game or my console until today.

I've also found another thread where this issue seems to have already been discussed. I've attached the link below. It worries me that the thread is from two years ago though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinside...r_opening_some_games_on_my_xbox_series_x_the/

Any possible suggestions/solutions?

submitted by /u/scaryghostnlm
    [link] [comments]

/u/scaryghostnlm, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

MW2 wont launch on XSX

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Have you also tried to uninstall and reinstall the game, Tyler?
  3. Seamus McDermott Win User

MW2 wont launch on XSX

I am having the same issue. My Xbox One X will not let me play any game that requires an online connection. I have tried uninstalling and it is of no use. The xbox does not recognize the request. Or at least it doesn't display that it has. I cannot load the store.
  4. KatalystActoV8 Win User

Error code 0x8007023e

Tried this, no different. Only games that will launch are on disc. We have 2 consoles XSX and Xbox One, both giving the same error code.
  5. EwancrabtreeEwancrab Win User

Microsoft Skype on Xbox Series X crashes when on multi video

Hi Microsoft,

I am experiencing frequent crashes whilst using Skype on my Xbox Series X, the issue seems occur 20 minutes into a single session OR every time I join a group video call.

This issue is definitely related to the XSX Operating System or the Skype app, I can say that because the issue occurs even after a factory reset of the XSX and occurs on both of my XSX consoles.
  6. EwancrabtreeEwancrab Win User

Microsoft Skype on Xbox Series X crashes when on multi video

Hi Microsoft,

I am experiencing frequent crashes whilst using Skype on my Xbox Series X, the issue seems occur 20 minutes into a single session OR every time I join a group video call.

This issue is definitely related to the XSX Operating System or the Skype app, I can say that because the issue occurs even after a factory reset of the XSX and occurs on both of my XSX consoles.
Thema:

XSX console crashes when launching MW2

1. XSX console crashes when launching MW2 - Similar Threads - XSX console crashes

2. Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...: I have a Xbox wireless headset, and when I power on it my Xbox also turn on, even if i'm using the headset in bluetooth. Is there is any option to disabled that ?...
  3. Sound Suttering XSX + LG C2 - Beta Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Sound Suttering XSX + LG C2 - Beta Ring: Has anyone been having intermittent sound stuttering lately? For at least a month and a half in any game, app or movie there is occasional stutter/choppiness with the sound. I'm on a LG C2,...
  4. Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller?: Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller? I just simply don't like the color. Or can I only buy the consule but not the controller?...
  5. bug with XSX controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    bug with XSX controller.: neither of my controllers with official charge and play batteries will charge. i got no way of seeing it charging properly on either PC or X1X. there no new updates for the controllers. it worked...
  6. [RESOLVED] XSX Alpha Skip Ahead: Boot Loop / Error E208 00000003 00000006 After Launching...

in XboX Insiders
    [RESOLVED] XSX Alpha Skip Ahead: Boot Loop / Error E208 00000003 00000006 After Launching...: Rebooted to Dev Mode Error E208 while preparing Stuck in a boot loop where the troubleshooting guide launches and system restarts before controller can pair Removed main power, Seagate expansion,...
  7. Any fix for XSX download stopping and starting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any fix for XSX download stopping and starting?: My XSX is a year old and always consistently downloaded at a decent speed of 150-200Mbps. Now it starts at that usual speed and slowly drops to a complete pause of the installation within a...
  8. 机器xsx,下载速度慢(电信500m),下载速度只有80m。怎么提高下载速度

in XBoX Games and Apps
    机器xsx,下载速度慢(电信500m),下载速度只有80m。怎么提高下载速度: 机器xsx,下载速度慢(电信500m),下载速度只有80m。怎么提高下载速度 a74ea200-dc56-4018-bdfe-3c6a9f1fd59c
  9. XSX shutdown when update

in XBoX on Consoles
    XSX shutdown when update: When updating, just finishing the varifying step, my xsx will turn off. After turning off, it cannot be waken up with controller. And if press the power button, it will turn off again after few...
  10. pix gpu capture on xsx - file not found?

in XBoX on Consoles
    pix gpu capture on xsx - file not found?: I can no longer run gpu captures for xsx. I have tried repairing and reinstalling the GDK but every time I try a gpu capture I get a message about a file not found. PIX is displaying the game just...