XSX: Blu-ray playback does not avtivate 24Hz mode

Discus and support XSX: Blu-ray playback does not avtivate 24Hz mode in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Series X on skip-ahead: I activated "Enable 24Hz" in the display settings and also get "Your TV supports 4k 10-bit at 24Hz" on the "4k TV details"... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/bomli, Aug 16, 2021.

1. /u/bomli
    /u/bomli Guest

Series X on skip-ahead: I activated "Enable 24Hz" in the display settings and also get "Your TV supports 4k 10-bit at 24Hz" on the "4k TV details" page.

But trying to play a Blu-ray movie the refresh rate never switches from 60Hz down to 24Hz. I even tried both 4k and 1080p resolutions in the video settings, to no avail.

submitted by /u/bomli
    [link] [comments]

/u/bomli, Aug 16, 2021
  2. kcgoatboy Win User

Xbox One bluray and movie

What are your settings you have for display and blu ray movies in the xbox.

Try disabling 24Hz playback and deepcolor mode to see if that helps.
  3. Xenokai Win User

Anyone else notice a issue with DVD playback?

Eviltedi this is about DVD playback. I believe the 24hz setting is only for blu rays.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

24HZ games?

If you don't play any videos on your console, either via DVD's, Blu-Rays or streamed content, the 24Hz and 50Hz modes will not engage and therefore whether they are on or not will be irrelevant.

They are only there to insure correct playback of video. They will have no adverse affect on your games or your console.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

24HZ games?

24hz is for movie playback at the proper frame rate, particularly from Blu-ray.

There have been some games that support it, but i've only seen them on PC
  6. Uridian Win User

Xbox One Playback Woes

I've fixed mine.

In the Disc and Blu-Ray settings, there is an option for 24Hz (24fps) to match the framerate of the actual footage. I turned that on and it smoothed my playback out perfectly at 1080p, but it introduced a slight delay in lipsync. I then turned off BD Live
    and that synced it back up. Blu-Ray playback is now synced and playing smoothly!

Disclaimer: My TV also has a (24Hz) 24fps option for film playback, so maybe the mismatch between the two was causing the problem. I wonder if it would also fix it by turning both off.
Thema:

1. XSX: Blu-ray playback does not avtivate 24Hz mode - Similar Threads - XSX Blu ray

2. Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...: I have a Xbox wireless headset, and when I power on it my Xbox also turn on, even if i'm using the headset in bluetooth. Is there is any option to disabled that ?...
  3. Sound Suttering XSX + LG C2 - Beta Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Sound Suttering XSX + LG C2 - Beta Ring: Has anyone been having intermittent sound stuttering lately? For at least a month and a half in any game, app or movie there is occasional stutter/choppiness with the sound. I'm on a LG C2,...
  4. Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller?: Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller? I just simply don't like the color. Or can I only buy the consule but not the controller?...
  5. bug with XSX controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    bug with XSX controller.: neither of my controllers with official charge and play batteries will charge. i got no way of seeing it charging properly on either PC or X1X. there no new updates for the controllers. it worked...
  6. [RESOLVED] XSX Alpha Skip Ahead: Boot Loop / Error E208 00000003 00000006 After Launching...

in XboX Insiders
    [RESOLVED] XSX Alpha Skip Ahead: Boot Loop / Error E208 00000003 00000006 After Launching...: Rebooted to Dev Mode Error E208 while preparing Stuck in a boot loop where the troubleshooting guide launches and system restarts before controller can pair Removed main power, Seagate expansion,...
  7. Any fix for XSX download stopping and starting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any fix for XSX download stopping and starting?: My XSX is a year old and always consistently downloaded at a decent speed of 150-200Mbps. Now it starts at that usual speed and slowly drops to a complete pause of the installation within a...
  8. Forza Horizon Being Read As Blu ray On XSX

in XboX Insiders
    Forza Horizon Being Read As Blu ray On XSX: Hello! I saw a single, year-old post regarding this issue, with no resolution. I was wondering if anyone as seen or heard of a fix since. I’ve tried resetting my Series X, as well as attempting to...
  9. XSX: Passing compressed basic DTS stream via optical from DTS-HD MA Blu Ray?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XSX: Passing compressed basic DTS stream via optical from DTS-HD MA Blu Ray?: I have my XSX hooked up to an older reciever which supports Dolby Digital EX / DTS-ES via optical through my TV and am trying to pass the compressed basic DTS stream that's embedded in the...
  10. XSX - When playing a non-4k Blu-ray disc, the screen goes black (with work around)

in XboX Insiders
    XSX - When playing a non-4k Blu-ray disc, the screen goes black (with work around): I have previously posted feedback of this and (hopefully correctly) attached the logs to the feedback. The issue has been ongoing for a long time and I have been on Alpha Skip Ahead pretty much...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. series x blu ray 24hz