Xfinity hotspot dhcp server issue

Discus and support Xfinity hotspot dhcp server issue in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am using an xfinity hotspot and its saying cant connect to your dhcp server and all of the suggestions have to do with a router when I dont have one,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Donovansmith3, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Xfinity hotspot dhcp server issue

I am using an xfinity hotspot and its saying cant connect to your dhcp server and all of the suggestions have to do with a router when I dont have one, the hotspot was working perfectly fine before so I am quite confused.

:)

Donovansmith3, Jun 20, 2020
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

The hotspot is working as a router in that case, and is not assigning an IP address to the console. Depending on how much access you have to the device, I would recommend seeing if you can connect a computer to the device and then access the admin features
    at the gateway (usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1) and see if you can either set the Xbox One with a static IP on the device, or turn on DHCP.
  3. lllIllIIllllIIIlllIl Win User

Connecting issues with xbox

I use the xfinity wifi hotspot but for some reason when i try to connect it my xbox said checking connection then says DHCP could not connect is there a reason my ISP wont assign and IP address to my xbox?
  4. MD7153 Win User

Xfinity Hotspot Pop Up Window Broken on Xbox Series X.

5. JhonSnow777 Win User

Internet connections

Hello, Xfinity Wifi hotspots are also part of your contract, if you dont pay your account you will not be able either to use the Xfinity hotspots. Probably in your phone you are using the data conection instead Wifi.
  6. No Body3 Win User

How do I solve a ‘can’t connect to the DHCP server’ issue?

I'm having the same issue except I'm using a public xfinity hotspot. Worked for over three years now all of a sudden it tells me this, I can't mess with the router because there is no router it's just xfinity wifi. What should I do?
Thema:

1. Xfinity hotspot dhcp server issue - Similar Threads - Xfinity hotspot dhcp

2. How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot: That's all, just how do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot. It's only showing IPV4. 451a2b19-5dd1-4bb6-bafe-4b68bd49833c
  3. I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work: So my Mobile Hotspot will connect to my Xbox.And when I say test internet connection, it says can't connect to the internet.I says you need to work on your internet service provider to fix your...
  4. Why is my xbox multiplayer not working while on my hotspot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox multiplayer not working while on my hotspot.: I am currently using my phones hotspot to play a game of cod, it has worked before but for some reason the nat type is stopping me from being able to play. IPv4 NAT Type: Strict UPnP not...
  5. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  6. My Xbox series S works fine on hotspot but when I connect to wifi it doesn’t connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S works fine on hotspot but when I connect to wifi it doesn’t connect: I can watch YouTube but can’t load any games it just says I’m offline, I have tried Power cycling, unplugging Xbox and router and restarting I’ve soft reset and cleared alternative MAC address,...
  7. Xbox will not connect to games online, I can hotspot the xbox of my phone but will not play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox will not connect to games online, I can hotspot the xbox of my phone but will not play...: My xbox will not connect to my bt hub, I have taken it to another house and it works perfectly fine, any ideas 89af7179-0080-40a8-933b-6b13cc75ba39
  8. Hotspot isn't updating. UPnP unsuccessful

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hotspot isn't updating. UPnP unsuccessful: Hello, I live out of service for internet, so I hotspot to game. It's worked for months with updates, slow, but it worked. Today's patch on COD says UPnP unsuccessful, and I can't get it...
  9. I'm unable to connect to my hotspot or xfinity

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm unable to connect to my hotspot or xfinity: I can't connect to my hotspot or XFINITY hotspot cf38f6c9-676d-4d1e-8ba2-79660e686c10
  10. Xbox Series X will not connect to Xfinity Wi-Fi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X will not connect to Xfinity Wi-Fi?: There is an issue with the Xfinity hotspot Wi-Fi where you you are unable to provide log in information for xfinity on the Xbox edge browser. Previously, I had used my phones MAC address on my...