Xfinity Hotspot connection possible?

Discus and support Xfinity Hotspot connection possible? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I just found out from my parents that we have a hotspot that is free with unlimited bandwith, and i was wondering if I could possible hook up my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xXlTPKlXx, Jan 4, 2014.

1. xXlTPKlXx
    xXlTPKlXx Guest

So I just found out from my parents that we have a hotspot that is free with unlimited bandwith, and i was wondering if I could possible hook up my xbox 360 slim to it? I know to hook up to it I need to type in my comcast email and password, but when i click
    on the hotspot, it doesnt ask for those... so is it possible, or am i just wasting my time?

:)

xXlTPKlXx, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Xfinity hotspot from Android to xbox

My Android running 5.0 can connect to an Xfinity hotspot, but I do not have cellular data. Can I use this hotspot connection from my phone to my Xbox? How can I achieve this if so?

Inawtbigbaggzs, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Advice4Men
    Advice4Men Guest
    Can I use an XFINITY Wifi Hotspot to setup my Xbox One S

I just got an Xbox One S for Christmas and I don't have a wired or wireless internet connection. Can I use an XFINITY Wifi Hotspot to set it up?

Advice4Men, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Xfinity Hotspot connection possible?

If it has a landing page (pretty much what you're describing) the Xbox won't be able to make the connection. If you have a PC (Desktop or laptop) you can use ICS to tether your console to the PC and get the internet that way.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 4, 2014
  5. Suspected A
    Suspected A Guest
    Will Xbox ever try to overcome this shortcoming? ( Landing page)

Suspected A, Nov 21, 2014
  6. MrNICE6UY420
    MrNICE6UY420 Guest
  7. Hey, guys! MrNICE6UY420 posted a very helpful video for this situation. This thread is almost a year old. If you are still experiencing issues after following those instructions, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting
    you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. Xfinity Hotspot connection possible? :)

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey, guys! MrNICE6UY420 posted a very helpful video for this situation. This thread is almost a year old. If you are still experiencing issues after following those instructions, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting
    you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)
  9. MrNICE6UY420 Win User

Found this. Works easily

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=QwZ7VPiiN4OrgwTV74HoBw&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DGGS_5mYczHE&ved=0CCkQtwIwAg&usg=AFQjCNE_nccovHaeXbFbmJ3KHu0b3wK_QA&sig2=q91V2BM5iOrIpEHGjfEJQg
  10. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

If it has a landing page (pretty much what you're describing) the Xbox won't be able to make the connection. If you have a PC (Desktop or laptop) you can use ICS to tether your console to the PC and get the internet that way.
  11. Suspected A Win User

Will Xbox ever try to overcome this shortcoming? ( Landing page)
  12. JhonSnow777 Win User

Internet connections

Hello, Xfinity Wifi hotspots are also part of your contract, if you dont pay your account you will not be able either to use the Xfinity hotspots. Probably in your phone you are using the data conection instead Wifi.
Thema:

1. Xfinity Hotspot connection possible? - Similar Threads - Xfinity Hotspot connection

2. Xbox Series X / Xfinity Hotspot / Stopped Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X / Xfinity Hotspot / Stopped Working: I cannot connect to the Xfinity Hotspot I’ve been using for over a year in lieu of buying a new router. The steps I take to my dead end: 1. Network Settings 2. Set up wireless network 3....
  3. How do I connect my Xbox to my xfinity wireless hotspot? I am using IPv4 on the Xbox. How...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect my Xbox to my xfinity wireless hotspot? I am using IPv4 on the Xbox. How...: How do I connect my Xbox to my xfinity wireless hotspot? I am using IPv4 on the Xbox. How can I change the Xbox to IPv6 or allow the network to accept the IPv4 I am using on XBox?...
  4. Xfinity Hotspot Pop Up Window Broken on Xbox Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xfinity Hotspot Pop Up Window Broken on Xbox Series X.: So, I am out out town at a friends house who doesn’t have wifi. I am trying to connect my Xbox Series X to a xfinity hotspot using my xfinity account. I click on the xfinity public network to try...
  5. Xfinity hotspot dhcp server issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xfinity hotspot dhcp server issue: I am using an xfinity hotspot and its saying cant connect to your dhcp server and all of the suggestions have to do with a router when I dont have one, the hotspot was working perfectly fine...
  6. Xbox one x wont connect to xfinity hotspot

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one x wont connect to xfinity hotspot: Iam using my moms xfinity account to have wifi at my house, and for some reason it stopped working inside my house but when i leave it works on my phone no problem.but at home it stopped...
  7. Comcast/Xfinity X1: HELP! Gamer vs. Hotspot problem

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity X1: HELP! Gamer vs. Hotspot problem: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: HELP! Gamer vs. Hotspot problem I've been using my AT&T phones hotspot to play Ark survival for about 3 weeks now and it's been running fine. I have the...
  8. Xbox 360 connect and will play on Xfinity hotspot OCASIONALLY

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 connect and will play on Xfinity hotspot OCASIONALLY: my Xbox 360 will connect to Xbox live every so often but I have to fight with it and move it to get it to connect even with a 3 and 4 bar connection most times it will connect up to the internet...
  9. Xbox live connected to xfinity hotspot but no multiplayer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live connected to xfinity hotspot but no multiplayer: Good afternoon everyone's, I recently just moved and the place I'm at doesn't have the internet set up here yet. However, there is an xfinity hotspot that is nearby and after using an...
  10. Need help connecting to an Xfinity hotspot via macbook

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help connecting to an Xfinity hotspot via macbook: Hello, A few months ago I followed a tutorial about how to connect to Xbox Live through a macbook hooked up to an Xbox with an ethernet cord. I could connect to Xbox Live for a while but recently...