Xfinity Hotspot connection possible?

Discus and support Xfinity Hotspot connection possible? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I just found out from my parents that we have a hotspot that is free with unlimited bandwith, and i was wondering if I could possible hook up my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xXlTPKlXx, Jan 4, 2014.

1. xXlTPKlXx
    xXlTPKlXx Guest

So I just found out from my parents that we have a hotspot that is free with unlimited bandwith, and i was wondering if I could possible hook up my xbox 360 slim to it? I know to hook up to it I need to type in my comcast email and password, but when i click
    on the hotspot, it doesnt ask for those... so is it possible, or am i just wasting my time?

:)

xXlTPKlXx, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Xfinity hotspot from Android to xbox

My Android running 5.0 can connect to an Xfinity hotspot, but I do not have cellular data. Can I use this hotspot connection from my phone to my Xbox? How can I achieve this if so?

Inawtbigbaggzs, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Advice4Men
    Advice4Men Guest
    Can I use an XFINITY Wifi Hotspot to setup my Xbox One S

I just got an Xbox One S for Christmas and I don't have a wired or wireless internet connection. Can I use an XFINITY Wifi Hotspot to set it up?

Advice4Men, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Xfinity Hotspot connection possible?

If it has a landing page (pretty much what you're describing) the Xbox won't be able to make the connection. If you have a PC (Desktop or laptop) you can use ICS to tether your console to the PC and get the internet that way.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 4, 2014
  5. Suspected A
    Suspected A Guest
    Will Xbox ever try to overcome this shortcoming? ( Landing page)

Suspected A, Nov 21, 2014
  6. MrNICE6UY420
    MrNICE6UY420 Guest
  7. Hey, guys! MrNICE6UY420 posted a very helpful video for this situation. This thread is almost a year old. If you are still experiencing issues after following those instructions, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting
    you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. Xfinity Hotspot connection possible? :)

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey, guys! MrNICE6UY420 posted a very helpful video for this situation. This thread is almost a year old. If you are still experiencing issues after following those instructions, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting
    you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)
  9. MrNICE6UY420 Win User

Found this. Works easily

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=QwZ7VPiiN4OrgwTV74HoBw&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DGGS_5mYczHE&ved=0CCkQtwIwAg&usg=AFQjCNE_nccovHaeXbFbmJ3KHu0b3wK_QA&sig2=q91V2BM5iOrIpEHGjfEJQg
  10. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

If it has a landing page (pretty much what you're describing) the Xbox won't be able to make the connection. If you have a PC (Desktop or laptop) you can use ICS to tether your console to the PC and get the internet that way.
  11. Suspected A Win User

Will Xbox ever try to overcome this shortcoming? ( Landing page)
  12. Max lepelley Win User

Xfinity Hotspot Pop Up Window Broken on Xbox Series X.

I have the same problem with my console. I tried to log into the xfinity hot spot and had the same screen as you with no login. I managed to connect with my cell phone, and turn on the hotspot and have my xbox connect to my phones hotspot, running off the xfinity wifi, but its only 2.4ghz instead of 5. Even when you change the cellphone option to output 5ghz, it still wont work. At least it is good enough to play multiplayer with minimal lag.
Thema:

1. Xfinity Hotspot connection possible? - Similar Threads - Xfinity Hotspot connection

2. Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?: My Xbox one is not connecting to my WiFi even though my password is correct. My Xbox one has been doing this sense June 21, 2024. It’s not the router or the model. I use AT&T WiFi and this problem...
  3. How can I connect Xfinity hotspot to my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I connect Xfinity hotspot to my Xbox: I’ve tried the authentication process from 4 different web browsers and they all cut me off after I press “connect” without even showing me the login screen to enter my information, I’ve tried...
  4. My iphone hotspot wont connect to my xbox even though ive been using it for the past 9 days

in XBoX on Consoles
    My iphone hotspot wont connect to my xbox even though ive been using it for the past 9 days: it connects but does not let me use any of the online features and when i test the connection it says additional information required but proceeds not to load the page it redirects me to Also it...
  5. Cant get hooked up to wifi or hotspot

in XboX Insiders
    Cant get hooked up to wifi or hotspot: Can someone help me im new to xbox and i got a Series S today and cant get it to hook up to my hotspot or wifi. Can someone help? submitted by /u/The_Swagg_Stop [link] [comments]
  6. My series s won't download updates on my WiFi but will with my hotspot and neither reseting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series s won't download updates on my WiFi but will with my hotspot and neither reseting...: My series s won't work with my WiFi suddenly and even after reseting both while keeping games and not I am met with the same problem 727cbde5-cc60-4900-8435-ddb8c64acc0d
  7. Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...: I dont understand why my Xbox won’t connect to my via network 0540cb0c-6d58-4834-b2ea-cf0f37fd08f3
  8. How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot: That's all, just how do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot. It's only showing IPV4. 451a2b19-5dd1-4bb6-bafe-4b68bd49833c
  9. I'm unable to connect to my hotspot or xfinity

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm unable to connect to my hotspot or xfinity: I can't connect to my hotspot or XFINITY hotspot cf38f6c9-676d-4d1e-8ba2-79660e686c10
  10. Xbox Series X will not connect to Xfinity Wi-Fi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X will not connect to Xfinity Wi-Fi?: There is an issue with the Xfinity hotspot Wi-Fi where you you are unable to provide log in information for xfinity on the Xbox edge browser. Previously, I had used my phones MAC address on my...