Xfinity Hotspot connection possible?

Discus and support Xfinity Hotspot connection possible? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I just found out from my parents that we have a hotspot that is free with unlimited bandwith, and i was wondering if I could possible hook up my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xXlTPKlXx, Jan 4, 2014.

1. xXlTPKlXx
    xXlTPKlXx Guest

So I just found out from my parents that we have a hotspot that is free with unlimited bandwith, and i was wondering if I could possible hook up my xbox 360 slim to it? I know to hook up to it I need to type in my comcast email and password, but when i click
    on the hotspot, it doesnt ask for those... so is it possible, or am i just wasting my time?

:)

xXlTPKlXx, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Xfinity hotspot from Android to xbox

My Android running 5.0 can connect to an Xfinity hotspot, but I do not have cellular data. Can I use this hotspot connection from my phone to my Xbox? How can I achieve this if so?

Inawtbigbaggzs, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Advice4Men
    Advice4Men Guest
    Can I use an XFINITY Wifi Hotspot to setup my Xbox One S

I just got an Xbox One S for Christmas and I don't have a wired or wireless internet connection. Can I use an XFINITY Wifi Hotspot to set it up?

Advice4Men, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Xfinity Hotspot connection possible?

If it has a landing page (pretty much what you're describing) the Xbox won't be able to make the connection. If you have a PC (Desktop or laptop) you can use ICS to tether your console to the PC and get the internet that way.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 4, 2014
  5. Suspected A
    Suspected A Guest
    Will Xbox ever try to overcome this shortcoming? ( Landing page)

Suspected A, Nov 21, 2014
  6. MrNICE6UY420
    MrNICE6UY420 Guest
  7. Hey, guys! MrNICE6UY420 posted a very helpful video for this situation. This thread is almost a year old. If you are still experiencing issues after following those instructions, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting
    you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. Xfinity Hotspot connection possible? :)

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey, guys! MrNICE6UY420 posted a very helpful video for this situation. This thread is almost a year old. If you are still experiencing issues after following those instructions, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting
    you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)
  9. MrNICE6UY420 Win User

Found this. Works easily

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=QwZ7VPiiN4OrgwTV74HoBw&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DGGS_5mYczHE&ved=0CCkQtwIwAg&usg=AFQjCNE_nccovHaeXbFbmJ3KHu0b3wK_QA&sig2=q91V2BM5iOrIpEHGjfEJQg
  10. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

If it has a landing page (pretty much what you're describing) the Xbox won't be able to make the connection. If you have a PC (Desktop or laptop) you can use ICS to tether your console to the PC and get the internet that way.
  11. Suspected A Win User

Will Xbox ever try to overcome this shortcoming? ( Landing page)
  12. Max lepelley Win User

Xfinity Hotspot Pop Up Window Broken on Xbox Series X.

I have the same problem with my console. I tried to log into the xfinity hot spot and had the same screen as you with no login. I managed to connect with my cell phone, and turn on the hotspot and have my xbox connect to my phones hotspot, running off the xfinity wifi, but its only 2.4ghz instead of 5. Even when you change the cellphone option to output 5ghz, it still wont work. At least it is good enough to play multiplayer with minimal lag.
Thema:

1. Xfinity Hotspot connection possible? - Similar Threads - Xfinity Hotspot connection

2. My Xbox series S works fine on hotspot but when I connect to wifi it doesn’t connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S works fine on hotspot but when I connect to wifi it doesn’t connect: I can watch YouTube but can’t load any games it just says I’m offline, I have tried Power cycling, unplugging Xbox and router and restarting I’ve soft reset and cleared alternative MAC address,...
  3. Xbox will not connect to games online, I can hotspot the xbox of my phone but will not play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox will not connect to games online, I can hotspot the xbox of my phone but will not play...: My xbox will not connect to my bt hub, I have taken it to another house and it works perfectly fine, any ideas 89af7179-0080-40a8-933b-6b13cc75ba39
  4. Hotspot isn't updating. UPnP unsuccessful

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hotspot isn't updating. UPnP unsuccessful: Hello, I live out of service for internet, so I hotspot to game. It's worked for months with updates, slow, but it worked. Today's patch on COD says UPnP unsuccessful, and I can't get it...
  5. I can't get my Xbox to fully connect to my mobile hotspot. Shows the nat to be unavailable...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't get my Xbox to fully connect to my mobile hotspot. Shows the nat to be unavailable...: I can't get my Xbox to fully connect to my mobile hotspot. The Nat shows unavailable & I get the teredo ip error 21f507f9-e536-4775-8849-ccecd135d80c
  6. My Xbox won't connect to my 5ghz hotspot from my phone.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won't connect to my 5ghz hotspot from my phone.: I have been using my phones hotspot recently because my internet is too slow but my xbox won't connect to the 5 ghz hotspot anymore. It will only connect to the 2.4 ghz hotspot. Every time I try...
  7. "UPnP not successful" but I only have hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    "UPnP not successful" but I only have hotspot: Hello all, today i decided today to boot my Xbox up and have a relaxed gaming experience, until I am greeted by "UPnP unsuccessful". I decided to look it up on Google, until I am greeted with bold...
  8. I try to connect to my hotspot but I can't, I get a NAT Type unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    I try to connect to my hotspot but I can't, I get a NAT Type unavailable: My Xboxone does not connect to my hotspot f65ed451-7c39-4bc0-8ab7-256624fc8e71
  9. I'm unable to connect to my hotspot or xfinity

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm unable to connect to my hotspot or xfinity: I can't connect to my hotspot or XFINITY hotspot cf38f6c9-676d-4d1e-8ba2-79660e686c10
  10. Xbox Series X will not connect to Xfinity Wi-Fi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X will not connect to Xfinity Wi-Fi?: There is an issue with the Xfinity hotspot Wi-Fi where you you are unable to provide log in information for xfinity on the Xbox edge browser. Previously, I had used my phones MAC address on my...