XCloud works with mobile data but not WiFi

Discus and support XCloud works with mobile data but not WiFi in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hi all, I hope someone can help. XCloud works great for me on my Android phone via mobile data connection. But when i try to connect with my WiFi,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by DS MacD, Sep 19, 2020.

1. DS MacD
    DS MacD Guest

Hi all,

I hope someone can help.

XCloud works great for me on my Android phone via mobile data connection.

But when i try to connect with my WiFi, after 60 second the screen completely freezes.

The sound continues to play, and when i move the controller joysticks i can hear the menus working correctly.

I'm in the UK and using Sky internet 40mbps down and 20mbps up.

It's very strange, why would the screen freezes via WiFi but work perfectly well with my mobile data connection?

I've tried it using two different Android devices and it's the same behaviour. So it's definitely something to do with my WiFi.

:)

DS MacD, Sep 19, 2020
  2. DS MacD Win User

Both.

Dedicated 5ghz has the same results as dedicated 2.4ghz.

Screen freezes after a short period of time, with the music still working, and the controller moving menu options (which i can hear, but obviously with the screen frozen).

Yet everything works fine with my mobile data.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Are you on 2.4GHZ or 5GHz wifi? Has to be 5
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello DS MacD,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your XCloud game is not displaying a picture when connected to your WiFi. We have a support article that explains more about the requirements of XCloud, and it also provides

troubleshooting articles at the bottom of the page
    . Be sure to let us know the results
    DS MacD!
  5. SwiftyX0x0 Win User

Can’t log into Spotify app on Xbox

I just tried my mobile hotspot (using data, not wifi) and that didn’t work either.
  6. Sup3rZlash3r Win User

XCloud Gaming Lag Issues

Yes there is no issue with xcloud but there is some issue the app, both pc and mobile, with how the mobile app and how the service handles the data packets. I sit next to the router with my mobile device and it still doesn't work. Are there any specific ports that should be forwarded on the router? Xcloud streaming on the mobile and in the gamepass pc app have similar issues even though my pc is hardwired, the only way I have been able to play it is through a web browser on my pc.
Thema:

1. XCloud works with mobile data but not WiFi - Similar Threads - XCloud works mobile

2. Xcloud not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xcloud not working: Today I wanted to play some Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xcloud on my Xbox One S (i have played it many times before with no issue) but today, when I pressed it, it stayed on the cloud gaming...
  3. Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) xcloud voice chat isn't working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) xcloud voice chat isn't working: When using the xcloud streaming in Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) if I connect to guild voice chat I can hear chat for 1 second and then it shuts off. I have xbox game pass ultimate and I don't have a...
  4. Xcloud: Let games read to me option doesn't work as expected.

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud: Let games read to me option doesn't work as expected.: Hello there, I'm Francesco, a blind Xcloud user and insider who has recently joined the ranks. In these past few days of experimentation I've discovered that, even though the narration options...
  5. Do pc wheels work for Xcloud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do pc wheels work for Xcloud: I want to buy a pc wheel and wanted to know if the wheel would work in Xcloud in the browser. I wanted to buy the Thrustmaster T150 RS. ad5023ff-5238-4eed-804f-8b21672ad621
  6. Why XCloud doesn't work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why XCloud doesn't work?: I have a problem with XCloud, I played for 1 year and everything was fine, but recently, I now only get a black screen, I have this black screen in 3 browsers, Chrome, Brave and Edge, but when I...
  7. XCLOUD CROSSPLAY NOT WORKING FOR FORTNITE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XCLOUD CROSSPLAY NOT WORKING FOR FORTNITE: Hey I was playing Fortnite and after clicking start it show crossplay not available on xcloud gaming I’ve gone to privacy settings and all were enabled and I’ve played the game normally before...
  8. Why does xcloud not work when my content restrictions are set to 18+

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does xcloud not work when my content restrictions are set to 18+: Why does xcloud not work when my content restrictions are set to 18+ 008a8f47-e625-4abc-b9fe-b8bdae19280d
  9. My controller won’t work for XCloud for iPhone

in XboX Insiders
    My controller won’t work for XCloud for iPhone: I’m trying to play XCloud on iPhone like I went to the browser and did the add to Home Screen and when I try to use the controller input it just doesn’t do anything but when I press the Xbox...
  10. Does not work xCloud on Samsung Tizen OS 2021, gray background and error.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does not work xCloud on Samsung Tizen OS 2021, gray background and error.: I have an error on a Samsung Tizen OS 2021 TV, I can’t enter the Xbox application, a gray screen and an error. Unfortunately, the requested page was not found. Someone knows how to solve it?...