Xcloud save syncing problem

Discus and support Xcloud save syncing problem in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have been using xcloud with my iPhone and it’s been working great till today. I played about 5 hours of pillars of eternity on xcloud on my mobile... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by jay p the mann, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Xcloud save syncing problem

I have been using xcloud with my iPhone and it’s been working great till today. I played about 5 hours of pillars of eternity on xcloud on my mobile device and saved and quit the game. When I went to boot it up on my series x it says “your other Xbox is taking a long time to sync” I’ve hit try again a million times. If I hit use current save data I lose five hours I’ll have to redo. All the online fixes I’ve seen assume you have access to the other console. I obviously don’t since I was using xcloud… when I boot the game up on xcloud I get the same message and lose the same 5 hours of progress if I use current save data. Is there any fix? Am I out of luck? Should I stop using xcloud?

:)

jay p the mann, Jul 5, 2022
  2. jay p the mann Win User

Thanks Josef. I will definitely do that in the future. Bummer for this time though.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Jay

Sorry to hear that buddy, may I know if you already tried using a different wifi network or mobile data to see if sync process ends?

Also, in case you are using a VPN, firewall or proxy service try disabling it temporarily on your phone

Also, did you tried reinstalling the game or cleaning local saved data on your Xbox to see if that makes the trick?

I'll be waiting for your feedback, greetings from another Microsoft user
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I got your point, probably in this case the latest saved data is corrupted :c

You can try contacting Microsoft support regarding this, but to be honest they don't have the tools to sync manually the progress for you

Probably cloud progress was still syncing before you close the session, so... It is like turning off your console in the middle of the syncing process

The last advise will be try leaving the cloud gaming session open for about 1 or 2 minutes before closing it to avoid a similar situation in the future

Sorry Jay
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I understand :c mistakes can happen from anywhere

Hopefully you're not going to face this issue again
    Take care Jay, and happy gaming!
  6. jay p the mann Win User

Hi Josef.

I have tried other networks/data. Same error across hotspot/data/home wifi. Since it’s using a cloud based machine and streaming to my phone I would assume syncing “upload” takes place server side, not from my phone wifi/data. I am assuming the saves happen locally on the server side then synced to “the cloud” when the user ends the session. I think this is where the problem originated.

No vpn.

I am weary about clearing my local save data and risking losing all progress. Especially since I am getting the same message when I try to play via xcloud (my phone doesn’t store the save data locally so there is nothing to clear). I don’t think having local save data on my series x would be the cause when I am getting the same error message across platforms -using xcloud- a “console” that doesn’t have previous save data.

If I were only seeing the error on my XSX then it’d make sense to uninstall reinstall clear local saves and all that hassle.

My guess, or what I am assuming happened is: at the end of my last session on xcloud on the phone(streamed to my phone), the save data either failed to sync because the “space”/“cloud console” was then allocated to another user before the sync finished or other network issue server side @ Microsoft. And since I can’t get back to that exact same “console” I was using over “cloud” streaming earlier to sign back in to finish the sync, I am out of luck.

So the sync didn’t finish server side and I can’t log back into that specific “machine” to complete it. I was hoping someone from Microsoft support would be able to look into the history and finish the sync manually or allow me to log back into the one I was using earlier.

Maybe my understanding is flawed.

Let me know if you can think of another work around.
Thema:

1. Xcloud save syncing problem - Similar Threads - Xcloud save syncing

2. I cant load my save file on Starfield (Xcloud - Edge Browser)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant load my save file on Starfield (Xcloud - Edge Browser): I am playing Starfield from Xcloud on Edge browser. After last update, there is a lots of freezing problems on save/load moments. I closed autosaves because of this. And now I cant load my save...
  3. Is a there a way to recover my old saves from Starfield thas was played on Xcloud?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is a there a way to recover my old saves from Starfield thas was played on Xcloud?: Hello, well. I was playing Starfield and got to the end of the game. But when you have to decide between if you want to be a Starborn or go back, I decided to become a Starborn so I could see what...
  4. xCloud won't save progress when playing Hello Neighbor 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xCloud won't save progress when playing Hello Neighbor 2: When I get to a certain spot in the game then quit the game to play later it won't save. Can somebody please try and help me with this. I have already tried with my permissions on my phone but it...
  5. How to upload a save file to XCloud Hard Drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to upload a save file to XCloud Hard Drive?: I don't have an Xbox console, so I only play using Xcloud on MacOs. I need to upload a save file from Banjo Kazooie (already finished the game with 100 jiggies on Nintendo Switch, and don't wanna...
  6. Xcloud Halo Infinite Settings does not save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xcloud Halo Infinite Settings does not save: Every time i restart the game on XCloud from any device, the settings returns to default even when i change it back and restart it keeps coming back to default, any way i can save the ingame...
  7. xCloud won't save progress when playing Hello Neighbor 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xCloud won't save progress when playing Hello Neighbor 2: Each time I quit the game to come back later the save data doesn't work and all my progress goes lost, forcing me to restart the game. This game's got autosave feature and I only play it from...
  8. When trying to play Xcloud says “we can’t save any more data for this game or app” how do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When trying to play Xcloud says “we can’t save any more data for this game or app” how do I...: I’m trying to play fallout 4 but whenever the game starts syncing this error pops up and I can’t load my save. 52b8262b-ac34-4445-b19c-69fab08bac8d
  9. Xcloud says “we can’t save any more data for this game or app” how do I fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xcloud says “we can’t save any more data for this game or app” how do I fix this?: I’m trying to play fallout 4 but whenever the game starts syncing this error pops up and I can’t load my save. b7dd174f-41b3-4adf-ae48-a7265d39d962
  10. Xcloud save data reverted to old save and I lost hours of gameplay: Dreamscaper

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xcloud save data reverted to old save and I lost hours of gameplay: Dreamscaper: I spent hours playing DreamScaper on the Xbox cloud on my android today and yesterday and got pretty far. I was connected to the internet the whole time. I even closed the game and opened it back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox cloud gaming your xbox is taking a long time to sync