Xcloud save data reverted to old save and I lost hours of gameplay: Dreamscaper

Discus and support Xcloud save data reverted to old save and I lost hours of gameplay: Dreamscaper in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I spent hours playing DreamScaper on the Xbox cloud on my android today and yesterday and got pretty far. I was connected to the internet the whole... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dell Tennison, Oct 17, 2022.

1. Xcloud save data reverted to old save and I lost hours of gameplay: Dreamscaper

I spent hours playing DreamScaper on the Xbox cloud on my android today and yesterday and got pretty far. I was connected to the internet the whole time. I even closed the game and opened it back up earlier today and there were no problems. When I turned on the game about an hour ago it had reverted to a save from a few days ago. I've tried closing the app and game then reopening it. I tried logging out and logging back in, still nothing. I don't know what happened or how it happened and I'm confused and very frustrated. Im worried there won't be a way to get my save from today back and I'm not gonna restart. I really enjoy dreamscapers and had just got to the point where I can really get into the mechanics of the game. But if I lost hours of work, I'm just done. Please can anyone tell me what happened and how to fix it if at all possible. I don't wanna stop playing the game but I'm not gonna restart.

:)

Dell Tennison, Oct 17, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Dell, try to open the game you were playing on another type of device be it another phone or PC.

It can be through the Xbox App or a browser, and see if your previous progress returns.

If it does not return unfortunately it will not be possible to recover it.
  3. motavia_x Win User

Xbox Series X Controller Keeps Disconnecting

It is back up. The system lost the three and a half hours of gameplay and associated saved data, unfortunately.
  4. DiogoAmbrosio Win User

I've lost 50+ hours on Elden Ring

I tried doing everything you explained, I deleted the local save file, and when I entered the game it sync'd and is showing me the old save that I don't want.

I've been playing this game daily, if I had lost a coulpe hours or a day it would be understandable. But my save game for no reason reverted to a point that I was probably one or two weeks ago, I don't understand how that could've happened.

It's very hard to understand how there is no save version control on the cloud. If I could revert my saved data to yesterday morning or the day before, ok. But losing 50, potentially 60 hours is very, very frustrating and very disappointing.
  5. CyrusJ Win User

Syncing issues with Starfield when playing via Cloud

I accidentally clicked "Sync last saved data" and lost several days of gameplay
  6. Daft Badger Win User

forza horizon 2 game save issue on cloud

Chances are you've lost your original save.

For some reason the Forza games can have an issue syncing your saves on the cloud servers.It is rare but it does happen.

It'll get to 99% & fail to sync.

When you try again it will give you the option of 2 saves,if you pick the newer save it will over write your old save & start you from the beginning.

Had this myself on Forza 5 & lost 200 hours of gameplay etc.
Thema:

1. Xcloud save data reverted to old save and I lost hours of gameplay: Dreamscaper - Similar Threads - Xcloud save data

2. I cant load my save file on Starfield (Xcloud - Edge Browser)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant load my save file on Starfield (Xcloud - Edge Browser): I am playing Starfield from Xcloud on Edge browser. After last update, there is a lots of freezing problems on save/load moments. I closed autosaves because of this. And now I cant load my save...
  3. Is a there a way to recover my old saves from Starfield thas was played on Xcloud?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is a there a way to recover my old saves from Starfield thas was played on Xcloud?: Hello, well. I was playing Starfield and got to the end of the game. But when you have to decide between if you want to be a Starborn or go back, I decided to become a Starborn so I could see what...
  4. xCloud won't save progress when playing Hello Neighbor 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xCloud won't save progress when playing Hello Neighbor 2: When I get to a certain spot in the game then quit the game to play later it won't save. Can somebody please try and help me with this. I have already tried with my permissions on my phone but it...
  5. How to upload a save file to XCloud Hard Drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to upload a save file to XCloud Hard Drive?: I don't have an Xbox console, so I only play using Xcloud on MacOs. I need to upload a save file from Banjo Kazooie (already finished the game with 100 jiggies on Nintendo Switch, and don't wanna...
  6. Xcloud Halo Infinite Settings does not save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xcloud Halo Infinite Settings does not save: Every time i restart the game on XCloud from any device, the settings returns to default even when i change it back and restart it keeps coming back to default, any way i can save the ingame...
  7. xCloud won't save progress when playing Hello Neighbor 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xCloud won't save progress when playing Hello Neighbor 2: Each time I quit the game to come back later the save data doesn't work and all my progress goes lost, forcing me to restart the game. This game's got autosave feature and I only play it from...
  8. When trying to play Xcloud says “we can’t save any more data for this game or app” how do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When trying to play Xcloud says “we can’t save any more data for this game or app” how do I...: I’m trying to play fallout 4 but whenever the game starts syncing this error pops up and I can’t load my save. 52b8262b-ac34-4445-b19c-69fab08bac8d
  9. Xcloud says “we can’t save any more data for this game or app” how do I fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xcloud says “we can’t save any more data for this game or app” how do I fix this?: I’m trying to play fallout 4 but whenever the game starts syncing this error pops up and I can’t load my save. b7dd174f-41b3-4adf-ae48-a7265d39d962
  10. Xcloud save syncing problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Xcloud save syncing problem: I have been using xcloud with my iPhone and it’s been working great till today. I played about 5 hours of pillars of eternity on xcloud on my mobile device and saved and quit the game. When I went...