XCG freezing when trying to start a game in Xbox app for windows 10

Discus and support XCG freezing when trying to start a game in Xbox app for windows 10 in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I recently began using the xbox app on windows instead of my browser to play games and I noticed that whenever I try to start a game in the app, it... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MrMercy67, Nov 17, 2021.

1. /u/MrMercy67
    /u/MrMercy67 Guest

I recently began using the xbox app on windows instead of my browser to play games and I noticed that whenever I try to start a game in the app, it will completely freeze, forcing me to terminate it through task manager. Interestingly it seems to freeze only when the game I'm trying to play has a trailer preview. The trailer tries to load then freezes the app. I've had no issues playing games like GTA SA that don't show a trailer.

submitted by /u/MrMercy67
    [link] [comments]

/u/MrMercy67, Nov 17, 2021
  2. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Minecraft Crashing when enabling FULL SCREEN.

3. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

games freezing

4. XBF Steven R Win User

I have just upgraded to Ultimate and can't access PC games after installing. Any suggestions?

5. XBF Chris J Win User

PC game store is broken

Hello TwinSnake,

Thank yo for posting here on the Xbox forums. If your game won't start (when you launch it, you don’t get past the game loading screen), keeps freezing (becomes unresponsive, often with a frozen image on the screen), or crashes (quits unexpectedly back to
    the desktop), you may need to troubleshoot problems with your device.

For help with these problems, see
    Game freezes or stops responding on a Windows 10 device

As for issues with the Xbox beta app, if reinstalling the app doesn't help then we would appreciate it if you could report the issue through the in-app feedback tool. There is also a lot of useful information and troubleshooting on
    the
    Xbox beta app FAQ

Hope this helps!
  6. XBF Mohammed C Win User

0x80004005 cant play games xbox game pass

Thema:

1. XCG freezing when trying to start a game in Xbox app for windows 10 - Similar Threads - XCG freezing trying

2. Console keeps freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console keeps freezing: My son received an Xbox Series X for Christmas from his dad. Everything was going fine until a few weeks ago when his games started freezing. It is now all games, and the console will just freeze...
  3. How do I fix my Xbox 1 so I can actually press something without freezing?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my Xbox 1 so I can actually press something without freezing?: When I turn on my Xbox 1, either it takes an hour to load my games and apps to be visible on screen and if I click anything it sends me to a blank screen and freezes, or it just stays blank. When...
  4. I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...: I ran a stick drift test and it has none so it is something to do with cloud gaming. Anyone have any clue on what's going on and how to fix it? d13755ae-ae21-4815-9147-b9d6e76b5e39
  5. Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...: My Xbox will sometimes continuously load on the start up screen for 10-20 minutes maybe more or just won’t load at all. After resetting it multiple times and unplugging it will still sometimes do...
  6. freeze games in xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    freeze games in xbox series s: Hello i play with xbox series s from one month ago games freeze for 3 second some times in all games (even single player games ) this don't happen in dashboard I did everything, even factory...
  7. Xbox Remote Play Freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play Freezing: Hi, I have a Series X and I’m getting an issue where remote play runs fine initially but after a while randomly freezes. I can tell from controller inputs/sounds that only the video stream has...
  8. Forza Horizon 5 quality mode (stutters like crazy) on XCG on Xbone

in XboX Insiders
    Forza Horizon 5 quality mode (stutters like crazy) on XCG on Xbone: Has anyone else noticed that Forza Horizon 5 in quality mode stutters like hell, while streaming the game from XCG to console? It runs perfectly fine on the Xbox app for my laptop. Both modes are...
  9. When will Forza 5 be available on XCG?

in XboX Insiders
    When will Forza 5 be available on XCG?: I thought Forza 5 was coming out on XCG. It's 18.08 here in the UK and its not showing up. Will it be available today? submitted by /u/Doomster1971 [link] [comments]
  10. The new Edge browser is sick, works great for XCG!

in XboX Insiders
    The new Edge browser is sick, works great for XCG!: Finally got the updated Edge browser on the Beta ring a couple of days ago, it's so much more responsive than the last version, which was my chief complaint. But the real reason I'm digging it, is...