XBOXOneS will not turn on with controller have to unplug console and remove batteries from...

Discus and support XBOXOneS will not turn on with controller have to unplug console and remove batteries from... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What is the deal with the XboxOneS. I can't understand how Microsoft failed so bad on power standby with this console and controller. Why is it going... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by o JIE o, Dec 24, 2018.

1. o JIE o
    o JIE o Guest

XBOXOneS will not turn on with controller have to unplug console and remove batteries from...

What is the deal with the XboxOneS.

I can't understand how Microsoft failed so bad on power standby with this console and controller. Why is it going into such a deep sleep like it's a power off when I set the mode to standby, the controller is so bad that it is always shutting off and going
    to sleep every few minutes while doing anything other than gaming, it is such a nuance to hold the power button on controller to wake up every time, it should have been designed to allow any button or stick movement to wake it up and bring it up sooner. I
    can understand a second to wake up but this thing takes about 5 seconds.

-Issue is that when I try and wake console by pressing and holding the button on controller , which turns on controller and should send a command to turn on xbox from sleep. The controller button just blinks and the console will not turn on. If I then turn
    console on with its power button and after it comes ready I try to re sync the controller with the small sync buttons the controller light and console light just hang and will not connect.

The only fix I can find is unplugging the console and removing the batteries from controller, then powering on console first and after it starts to come up I can power on controller and they will sync.

- The console will not always turn on the tv it is connected to when it powers up, it will always turn on the A/V unit though.

I have of course done searches online but I guess the wording I'm using must be obscure as I haven't found much besides the general fixes like re sync, factory reset, clear display settings etc.. also one suggestion was to plug console directly into power
    outlet instead of surge protector, still having issue.

I went so far as to pull the Ametek ESP surge protector from my server as it creates a clean sine wave and conditions the feed still same issue.

:)

o JIE o, Dec 24, 2018
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

XBOXOneS will not turn on with controller have to unplug console and remove batteries from controller.

Hey there
    o JIE o
    !

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue your controller and console in general.

Now if you are experiencing this kind of issue, the best thing for you to do would be try the steps outlined in

Troubleshoot your Xbox One wireless controller

If those steps as well as the soft reset did not work, then the next and last things you can try are a total factory reset or getting your console serviced either through

device support
    or by contacting
    customer support
    and having an agent help you out.

When you get a chance, give those steps a shot and let us know how that helped.

Thanks!
  3. o JIE o Win User

XBOXOneS will not turn on with controller have to unplug console and remove batteries from controller.

Still an ongoing issue, seems to be getting worse, I have reset the console, tried another controller, even plugged them in with no battery as they said it resets controller, I am at the point of getting rid of this xbox with all the bugs it has. I'm so
    sick of Microsoft not only xbox but every aspect of their business has crippled my happiness. I work in IT and Microsoft has made my life a living hell because server and windows is so full of bugs, EVERYONE HATES WINDOWS UPDATE!!!!!!!, I can't understand
    how they make so much money and can't put anything back into their products to actually make them work, where is the quality control? It's such a joke at this point, I just bought Futurama series on the Microsoft store, stupid me because guess what? Thanks
    to the [Mod Removed-Profanity] DRM I can only watch on windows or xbox, well, let me tell you, that the movies and tv app is total
    [Mod Removed-Profanity] ! Keeps signing me out halfway through an episode, the navigation is [Mod Removed-Profanity]
    on xbox as well. Xbox is hit or miss if it turns on by controller, then if I turn it on after trying that and controller is blinking to sync the only way to get controller to sync is to pull the plug from the back of the xbox and turn back on then
    after it powers on I can turn the controller on again after removing batteries to sync. I'm at the point I'm going crazy over how Microsoft uses customers to beta test for years. I'm thinking of changing careers and start using Ubuntu and a playstation. I
    HATE YOU MICROSOFT!!
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the Xbox's operating system.

I'd recommend to definitely try doing the soft factory reset
    of the console
    , Reset and keep games and apps to help reset the operating system. Please note before doing this troubleshooting step, make sure to know your email
    and passwords for your Xbox profiles.

• Have you recently updated a game or console?
    • Is your console registered in the Insider preview program?
    • Does this occur with other controllers?

Try this out and let us know.
  5. BishopZ23 Win User

Xbox slim turns on by itself constantly

I have removed the batteries from my controllers , unplugged the the xbox overnight. I just turned itself on right now with with a controller light on
  6. {Parity} Win User

Controller update failed and bricked my controller!!

Try removing all power from the controller (unplug from console and remove batteries) for 5 minutes. Then put in fresh batteries to determine if the problem is resolved. Good Luck!
Thema:

1. XBOXOneS will not turn on with controller have to unplug console and remove batteries from... - Similar Threads - XBOXOneS turn controller

2. HELP, Please? XboxOne Constantly Kicks Me Out of Games

in XboX Insiders
    HELP, Please? XboxOne Constantly Kicks Me Out of Games: Hello! I am having the hardest time with my XboxOne. Every single time I play Palworld it kicks me back to title or just freezes. My SO has a Xbox Series X and has zero issues with this happening....
  3. Games on my XboxOne do not download nor update and I get this explanation error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games on my XboxOne do not download nor update and I get this explanation error code...: After relocating from the UK to Singapore my Xbox does not want to upload games from my Library, I cannot update games and I cannot play online. When testing my internet on the Xbox is shows...
  4. I had to update my XboxOne about August 2021 and before it started i got an error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I had to update my XboxOne about August 2021 and before it started i got an error code...: The only thing i have found is the problem is for the 360 not the One. My profile is on my friends account and he will not give me the info i need to ask for Xbox for help, i would love to play my...
  5. Problem with Update Error Code 0x80070070 0x00000000 0x90130005 on XBoxOne

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with Update Error Code 0x80070070 0x00000000 0x90130005 on XBoxOne: Hi Has anyone had this error code 0x80070070 0x00000000 0x90130005 The 0x80070070 looks like lack of storage. I've deleted files so lots of space Can't find 0x90130005 in any help topics...
  6. I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...: I purchased a digital code for Halo Infinity xbox from Ebay and entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game under my Microsoft account. and my purchase history shows the code has been...
  7. Issues with Microsoft Rewards App on XboxOne

in XBoX on Windows
    Issues with Microsoft Rewards App on XboxOne: I was trying to launch the app, but it kept hanging indefinitely on the splash screen. I tried the hard reset steps to clear the cache to no avail. Now I'm trying to reinstall the app, but it...
  8. Why do I keep getting kicked off fortnite every time I jump out of the skybus on my xboxone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I keep getting kicked off fortnite every time I jump out of the skybus on my xboxone: Why do I keep getting kicked of fortnite every time I jump of the skybus on my Xbox one 87ad3e86-c9e8-4c2f-ad56-9c7470bfb060
  9. My XboxOneS controller not turning off console…

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My XboxOneS controller not turning off console…: Hi there! My XboxOneS controller works perfectly until I hold the X button to turn off the console. Once I get to the What do you want to do? screen to turn off the console as soon as I try to...
  10. Xboxone error code 0x0000000000000100 can't connect to network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xboxone error code 0x0000000000000100 can't connect to network: After the October update I have been unable to connect to my home internet but can connect to mobile hotspot. I keep getting the error code 0x0000000000000100. Not sure what to do....