Xbox360 wireless controller charging

Discus and support Xbox360 wireless controller charging in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I have a question. Can you charge an xbox360 wireless controller battery if you connect it to a pc via the play & charge kit? Or it only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Yan2588, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Yan2588
    Yan2588 Guest

Hello.

I have a question. Can you charge an xbox360 wireless controller battery if you connect it to a pc via the play & charge kit? Or it only charges if you connect it to a console? I mean, if the play and charge usb cable transfers power, does it matter where it gets it from? The way I see it it shouldn’t as long as it’s a usb port. But when I connect it to my laptop, the computer recognizes it, but the red light indicative of charging doesn’t come on on the cable.

Thanks.

:)

Yan2588, Oct 6, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Yan2588, It largely depends on whether the USB port meets the voltage requirements needed to charge the device. But because it is a plug and play of the xbox 360, where the driver is no longer available online, it may be that the PC no longer recognizes the device correctly.

But normally, it is better to load directly from the console itself.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. OCRyzen Win User

My controller has problems.. HELP!

Have you added any 2.4GHz Equipment near your Xbox360..?? (Wireless N Router, Using WiFi on Xbox360, 2.4GHz Cordless Phones, Wireless Turtle Beach Headset etc..)

The Xbox Controllers use the 2.4GHz Band for communicating with the Xbox360..
  4. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Can i connect my Xbox 360 controller on my PC?

No, the Play and Charge kit does not convert a wireless controller into a wired one, it simply charges the controller. If you want a wireless controller to work on a Windows PC you will need the Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows.
  5. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Controller connection resets after unplugging Play & Charge cable while controller is being used

Hey,

By design the Xbox one charge cable creates a direct connection to the console unlike the xbox360.

This means the wireless connection is disabled and the wired connection is enabled.

The headset is directly influenced by either connection.

When you unplug the wire, the controller is forced to establish a wireless connection. Once established wirelessly all functions need to be re established.

Your experience is by design
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Xbox 360 Controller does not work on my PC ?

You're using a wired controller, a wireless controller and the Wireless Gaming Adapter, or a wireless controller with a Play & Charge cable? The Play & Charge cable option won't work as that cable doesn't transport data.
Thema:

1. Xbox360 wireless controller charging - Similar Threads - Xbox360 wireless controller

2. xbox360 cant connnect to wireless internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox360 cant connnect to wireless internet: test failed! when trying to connect d008b1fb-524c-4965-9d1f-2d9d08d37d4a
  3. Xbox360 pc wireless Gaming Receiver setup

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox360 pc wireless Gaming Receiver setup: I have the Xbox 360 Wireless controller and the wireless receiver had it setup for my pc after last update it stop working anyone that can help much apricated. 09775c5a-32f7-4196-806a-161f07c260b6
  4. 搜尋不到XBOX360控制器的無線接收器的win10驅動程式 [The WIN10 driver for the wireless receiver of the XBOX360...

in XBoX on Consoles
    搜尋不到XBOX360控制器的無線接收器的win10驅動程式 [The WIN10 driver for the wireless receiver of the XBOX360...: [新增硬體精靈] [自動安裝軟體 ]後無效 希望能提供可安裝的驅動程式下載位置 謝謝 [THE TEXT BELOW IS MACHINE TRANSLATED AND MAY NOT BE AN ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF THE ORIGINAL POST] [New Hardware Wizard] [Automatic Installation...
  5. xbox360 controller won't connect to xbox Wireless adapter for Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox360 controller won't connect to xbox Wireless adapter for Windows 10: Hi, I have an Xbox360 wireless controller and the receiver stopped working (no green light) so I bought an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. I have the driver installed and have the 'Xbox...
  6. XBox360 Wireless Controller - Lights keep flashing after most recent update (2021)

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox360 Wireless Controller - Lights keep flashing after most recent update (2021): So yesterday I updated to the most recent Windows build, to fix a BSOD issue I was having while using Chrome. It seems to have fixed that, but now, the two wireless 360 controllers that I have...
  7. Wireless Xbox360 wireless receiver (3rdParty) not working.

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Xbox360 wireless receiver (3rdParty) not working.: Right after the most recent windows update, my wireless receiver stopped working. The drivers aren't at https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-on-windows/accessories for an update, as that...
  8. XBOX360 wireless gaming receiver probléma

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX360 wireless gaming receiver probléma: A win10 2004-es verziójára történt frissítés óta a vevő és a kar közötti kapcsolat nem működik. A legutolsó verzióval tökéletesen működött. af22ad92-c8d2-4553-8d70-a0c0e98e1569
  9. Unable to force install driver wireless receiver Xbox360

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to force install driver wireless receiver Xbox360: Hello i'm having issues to install the xbox360 driver for my receiver To sum up my situation this is what i get when i connect the adapter to the usb [img] So it basically says that the...
  10. Xbox360 Wireless Controller für pc/android

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox360 Wireless Controller für pc/android: Hallo allerseits, Ich habe einen Wireless Controller für die Xbox360 und habe mir extra ein kabel gekauft womit ich mein controller an den pc schließen kann, was jedoch nicht funktioniert bei...