xbox360 controller won't connect to xbox Wireless adapter for Windows 10

Discus and support xbox360 controller won't connect to xbox Wireless adapter for Windows 10 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Xbox360 wireless controller and the receiver stopped working (no green light) so I bought an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GordonLawson1, Sep 7, 2021.

1. xbox360 controller won't connect to xbox Wireless adapter for Windows 10

Hi,

I have an Xbox360 wireless controller and the receiver stopped working (no green light) so I bought an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10.

I have the driver installed and have the 'Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows' entry in Device Manager under 'Network Adapters'. (I have tried to Update the Driver but it tells me I already have the most up to date driver installed)

When I press the connect button on the Adapter the little blue light flashes I then press the connect button on the controller and the green light spins around for a bit and then the green lights just keep flashing.

Can someone help me get it to connect please?

Thanks,

Gordon

:)

GordonLawson1, Sep 7, 2021
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Can the X Box One Wireless Controller with Bluetooth also be used with the X Box One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10?

Hi Beau,

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums, I'd be happy to answer that.

The Xbox One Wireless controller with Bluetooth can be connected to a Windows 10 PC with a USB cable, Bluetooth, or with the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10, so yes, it can be connected via the adapter. The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not
    compatible with an Xbox 360 controller and will need the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows. I'll provide the support articles with this information:

I hope this helps!
  3. user928new Win User

Xbox one controller not connecting to Xbox Wireless Adapter for win10

Summary: I fixed it by plugging USB cable into a controller and pc, win 10 recognized it, system restart was required and after that controller was working wirelessly also.

Longer description: I installed fresh windows 10, downloaded and installed all win updates, then I tried all these steps and at the end controller started working.

1) plugged wireless adapter into USB windows 10 recognized it but Xbox one controller won't connect (keep on blinking)

2) plugged wireless adapter into another USB port but Xbox one controller won't connect (keep on blinking)

3) plugged wireless adapter into another USB port started task manager removed Xbox one adapter, windows found it again but still noting (gamepad keep on blinking)

4) plugged wireless adapter into another USB port (front) started task manager removed Xbox one adapter and Xbox drivers, windows found it again installed it but still noting (gamepad keep on blinking)

5) FINALLY, I fixed it by plugging USB cable into a controller and pc, win 10 recognized it, system restart was required and after that controller was working wirelessly also.
  4. s33r Win User

Xbox Elite Controller 2 will not connect VIA usb or Bluetooth to my pc

The original XBox Elite controller requires the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 so without that adapter it will not be recognized properly by Windows. The newer, Elite Series 2 can connect to a Windows 10 PC without the need of an adapter.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this situation is causing you.

Welcome to the community. I hope I can help you in the best way.

Hello GordonLawson1,try plugging it into a different USB port, and then test it again. and, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 21H1?

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update and then make all subsequent security updates.

Also make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Set up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/xb...

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller disconnects or can’t connect

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/ac...

Best regards,

6. XBF George L Win User

XBOX WIRELESS ADAPTER FOR WINDOWS 10

Hello Xbox Fan!

The Xbox Wireless adapter for Windows 10 is a USB device that is what the controller would communicate with to connect to the computer Bluetooth is not required.

Set up the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

Hope this helps
Thema:

1. xbox360 controller won't connect to xbox Wireless adapter for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - xbox360 controller won't

2. XBOX360 controller adapter won't work after motherboard upgrade

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX360 controller adapter won't work after motherboard upgrade: Hi, yesterday I upgraded my rig (motherboard, CPU, RAM) and my XBOX wireless adapter doesn't work. When I boot the PC there is a green light on the adapter which turns off as soon as the...
  3. How do I erase parental control passcode in xbox360 if the previous owner did not erase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I erase parental control passcode in xbox360 if the previous owner did not erase...: How can I erase the family settings on an Xbox 360 such as parental guidance if the previous owner did not erase everything before selling it, I use the console to stream, I tried opening internet...
  4. Purchased a used xbox360 that was not reset, and it has parental controls enabled

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased a used xbox360 that was not reset, and it has parental controls enabled: So, as the title says. I purchased a used xbox360, and the previous owner did not remove the parental controls before selling it. With the Xbox One, I can use a USB to do a total reset of the...
  5. how to hook up xbox360 controller to laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to hook up xbox360 controller to laptop: how to hook up xbox360 controller to laptop 9de5f1f2-8511-4276-a5b7-788899960d7b
  6. xbox360 parenting control

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox360 parenting control: hello i bought already used xbox360 i can't play games with restrictions over 18 years (i'm much over 18) ka remove family control and password. f6d7b092-0d90-448f-a815-f767e4f0ce7f
  7. Control Microsoft Xbox360 cuando vibra se me apaga [Good afternoon Microsoft Xbox360...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Control Microsoft Xbox360 cuando vibra se me apaga [Good afternoon Microsoft Xbox360...: Buenas tardes, Tengo 3 controles que compré originales ellos, y siempre me pasa con cualquiera de los 3, que cuando vibra en algun encontronazo en el FIFA 20 se me apaga.. no puedo jugar mas...
  8. Controle com fio não conecta Xbox360[Wired Control Does Not Connect to Xbox360]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controle com fio não conecta Xbox360[Wired Control Does Not Connect to Xbox360]: Boa noite, tenho um controle com fio original, nunca deu problema, porém há alguns dias quando eu conecto o usb a luz do controle acende por 1 segundo e apaga, tiro o cabo, coloco denovo e a mesma...
  9. Second hand XBOX360 parental control

in XBoX on Consoles
    Second hand XBOX360 parental control: Hello, i just bought a second hand XBOX360, but it seems previos owner installer parental control, and i can't remove it, since i can't contact him anymore. How can i fix it please ? i'm...
  10. Hi i need help reset parental control pasword xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i need help reset parental control pasword xbox360: Help need to reset parental pasword on my xbox360 E,i dont find the paper anymore where i wryte down the pasword,any sugestion or help? 3c38403a-2230-4b25-bc60-0d40df090e37