XBOX360 controller on Windows 7 PC

Discus and support XBOX360 controller on Windows 7 PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased a new xbox360 controller for my PC, tested it on some games with no problems at all, but I need to check something to see... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nikos_GR, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Nikos_GR
    Nikos_GR Guest

Hello,

I recently purchased a new xbox360 controller for my PC, tested it on some games with no problems at all, but I need to check something to see if it's a common thing with these controllers or mine is a defective one.

I tried to check if everything is ok with the sticks, by using Game Controllers>Xbox360 controller for Windows>Properties, and I got this:

When I press the Left stick to the left, and release it, I doesn't center itself right in the middle but just a tiny bit to the left, when I push the stick to the right, it goes directly in the middle, down gives me the cross a bit down and same goes when I
    push it up.

Both sticks are a bit loose in the middle, not much but still noticeable. Is this meant to happen with every xbox360 controller or mine's a defective one? I could still use the 1 year warranty as I got it 4 days ago.

Weird thing is I haven't experienced any slow drifting on FPS games, with the camera, or any other game while using the sticks.

:)

Nikos_GR, Jan 2, 2014
  2. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    I can't find the Xbox 360 Controller Drivers anywhere on the website

The Xbox 360 Controller for Windows can be easily installed on any PC that has an available USB port and is running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7.

Follow the steps here: Set Up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows | Xbox Live

M3tal Daz3, Jan 2, 2014
  3. cy43rguru
    cy43rguru Guest
    Unable to Download and Install Xbox One Drivers on Win 7

I assume you are connecting your controller wired to a Windows 7 PC, correct?

cy43rguru, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Nonamejoe2021 Win User

Windows 7 drivers for Xbox360 controller

Did the Xbox one controller work for you with windows 7?
  5. EricMeyn Win User

It’s built-in with windows 10. That is simply plug and play. With Windows 7 it seems that I need a driver that is not officially offered anymore. When I plug in the controller nothing happens. I know the USB port is good and I know the controller is good. It requires a driver
    Same here. I upgraded to pc a while back. I just want to play a nostalgic game with the Xbox 360 controller. For some reason, it doesn't show up on my pc. I'll plug the controller in and here the sound play when a usb has been connected and nothing happens. Also why this page not working? https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/manuals-specs
  6. LemP Win User

7. EricMeyn Win User

It’s built in. You don’t have to download anything
    Non-sense. It requires something then. It doesn't show up for me that a controller has connected. Sure Xbox One controller has no issue.

So try again Mr. Ambassador
  8. Nonamejoe2021 Win User

Anyone have any suggestions?
Thema:

1. XBOX360 controller on Windows 7 PC - Similar Threads - XBOX360 controller Windows

2. XBOX360 controller adapter won't work after motherboard upgrade

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX360 controller adapter won't work after motherboard upgrade: Hi, yesterday I upgraded my rig (motherboard, CPU, RAM) and my XBOX wireless adapter doesn't work. When I boot the PC there is a green light on the adapter which turns off as soon as the...
  3. How do I erase parental control passcode in xbox360 if the previous owner did not erase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I erase parental control passcode in xbox360 if the previous owner did not erase...: How can I erase the family settings on an Xbox 360 such as parental guidance if the previous owner did not erase everything before selling it, I use the console to stream, I tried opening internet...
  4. Purchased a used xbox360 that was not reset, and it has parental controls enabled

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased a used xbox360 that was not reset, and it has parental controls enabled: So, as the title says. I purchased a used xbox360, and the previous owner did not remove the parental controls before selling it. With the Xbox One, I can use a USB to do a total reset of the...
  5. how to hook up xbox360 controller to laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to hook up xbox360 controller to laptop: how to hook up xbox360 controller to laptop 9de5f1f2-8511-4276-a5b7-788899960d7b
  6. xbox360 parenting control

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox360 parenting control: hello i bought already used xbox360 i can't play games with restrictions over 18 years (i'm much over 18) ka remove family control and password. f6d7b092-0d90-448f-a815-f767e4f0ce7f
  7. Control Microsoft Xbox360 cuando vibra se me apaga [Good afternoon Microsoft Xbox360...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Control Microsoft Xbox360 cuando vibra se me apaga [Good afternoon Microsoft Xbox360...: Buenas tardes, Tengo 3 controles que compré originales ellos, y siempre me pasa con cualquiera de los 3, que cuando vibra en algun encontronazo en el FIFA 20 se me apaga.. no puedo jugar mas...
  8. Controle com fio não conecta Xbox360[Wired Control Does Not Connect to Xbox360]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controle com fio não conecta Xbox360[Wired Control Does Not Connect to Xbox360]: Boa noite, tenho um controle com fio original, nunca deu problema, porém há alguns dias quando eu conecto o usb a luz do controle acende por 1 segundo e apaga, tiro o cabo, coloco denovo e a mesma...
  9. Second hand XBOX360 parental control

in XBoX on Consoles
    Second hand XBOX360 parental control: Hello, i just bought a second hand XBOX360, but it seems previos owner installer parental control, and i can't remove it, since i can't contact him anymore. How can i fix it please ? i'm...
  10. Hi i need help reset parental control pasword xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i need help reset parental control pasword xbox360: Help need to reset parental pasword on my xbox360 E,i dont find the paper anymore where i wryte down the pasword,any sugestion or help? 3c38403a-2230-4b25-bc60-0d40df090e37