XBOX360 controller on Windows 7 PC

Discus and support XBOX360 controller on Windows 7 PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased a new xbox360 controller for my PC, tested it on some games with no problems at all, but I need to check something to see... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nikos_GR, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Nikos_GR
    Nikos_GR Guest

Hello,

I recently purchased a new xbox360 controller for my PC, tested it on some games with no problems at all, but I need to check something to see if it's a common thing with these controllers or mine is a defective one.

I tried to check if everything is ok with the sticks, by using Game Controllers>Xbox360 controller for Windows>Properties, and I got this:

When I press the Left stick to the left, and release it, I doesn't center itself right in the middle but just a tiny bit to the left, when I push the stick to the right, it goes directly in the middle, down gives me the cross a bit down and same goes when I
    push it up.

Both sticks are a bit loose in the middle, not much but still noticeable. Is this meant to happen with every xbox360 controller or mine's a defective one? I could still use the 1 year warranty as I got it 4 days ago.

Weird thing is I haven't experienced any slow drifting on FPS games, with the camera, or any other game while using the sticks.

:)

Nikos_GR, Jan 2, 2014
  2. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    I can't find the Xbox 360 Controller Drivers anywhere on the website

The Xbox 360 Controller for Windows can be easily installed on any PC that has an available USB port and is running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7.

Follow the steps here: Set Up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows | Xbox Live

M3tal Daz3, Jan 2, 2014
  3. cy43rguru
    cy43rguru Guest
    Unable to Download and Install Xbox One Drivers on Win 7

I assume you are connecting your controller wired to a Windows 7 PC, correct?

cy43rguru, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Nonamejoe2021 Win User

Windows 7 drivers for Xbox360 controller

Did the Xbox one controller work for you with windows 7?
  5. EricMeyn Win User

It’s built-in with windows 10. That is simply plug and play. With Windows 7 it seems that I need a driver that is not officially offered anymore. When I plug in the controller nothing happens. I know the USB port is good and I know the controller is good. It requires a driver
    Same here. I upgraded to pc a while back. I just want to play a nostalgic game with the Xbox 360 controller. For some reason, it doesn't show up on my pc. I'll plug the controller in and here the sound play when a usb has been connected and nothing happens. Also why this page not working? https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/manuals-specs
  6. LemP Win User

7. EricMeyn Win User

It’s built in. You don’t have to download anything
    Non-sense. It requires something then. It doesn't show up for me that a controller has connected. Sure Xbox One controller has no issue.

So try again Mr. Ambassador
  8. Nonamejoe2021 Win User

Anyone have any suggestions?
Thema:

1. XBOX360 controller on Windows 7 PC - Similar Threads - XBOX360 controller Windows

2. My XBox360 Wired Controller keeps flashing green light on PC windows 11.(I'm unable to play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBox360 Wired Controller keeps flashing green light on PC windows 11.(I'm unable to play...: While I'm playing games on my windows 11 pc, my Xbox 360 wired controller gets disconnected and keeps flashing, and gets irresponsive. When I replug the device, it lets me play for some time, then...
  3. How to disable xbox360 controller (wired old one) in Windows 10?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to disable xbox360 controller (wired old one) in Windows 10?: My control is broken and I need to remap some buttons in certain games but there is no way to do it, an external software does not work either, uninstall the driver from the device manager but it...
  4. xbox360 controller won't connect to xbox Wireless adapter for Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox360 controller won't connect to xbox Wireless adapter for Windows 10: Hi, I have an Xbox360 wireless controller and the receiver stopped working (no green light) so I bought an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. I have the driver installed and have the 'Xbox...
  5. Windows 7 drivers for Xbox360 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 7 drivers for Xbox360 controller: Does anyone know a reputable site that would allow me to download the Xbox 360 controller driver for windows 7 64bit? The official Microsoft link doesn’t work. This is for a spare older laptop I...
  6. Connect xbox360 controller to windows 10 with a reciever

in XBoX on Windows
    Connect xbox360 controller to windows 10 with a reciever: So, I´ve read the other threads about this issue and it was succesful in that way before. The way that when you go and choose drivers manually and so on. But now it doesnt work. So I tried to...
  7. Controller Xbox360 / PC / Windows 10 - Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller Xbox360 / PC / Windows 10 - Issues: i can't use xbox 360 control in game pass ultimate games on windows 10 pc. don't microsoft games support the control created by microsoft? I have three controls and all do not work with microsoft...
  8. Connect xbox360 controller to Windows 10 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Connect xbox360 controller to Windows 10 PC: Hi All I have tried to connect an old xbox 360 controller to my windows 10 PC with no luck. I have tried to find a driver for windows 10 but it seems that it's only available up to windows 7....
  9. How to unmap xbox360 controller in Windows 10?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to unmap xbox360 controller in Windows 10?: I connected my Xbox 260 controller to my laptop so i can use it in a game. I wanted to map the buttons using software called reWASD. I found that the software worked perfectly. I also found that...
  10. How to disable xbox360 controller in Windows 10?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable xbox360 controller in Windows 10?: I connected my Xbox 260 controller to my laptop so i can use it in a game. I wanted to map the buttons using software called reWASD. I found that the software worked perfectly. I also found that...