Xbox360 Account Recovery Failing. Error Code: 8015D002

Discus and support Xbox360 Account Recovery Failing. Error Code: 8015D002 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have been dealing with this issue for 2 days. Phone support puts you on hold for hours and then disconnects you because they can't help you. I do not... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by QuianaThomas, Nov 18, 2021.

1. QuianaThomas
    QuianaThomas Guest

I have been dealing with this issue for 2 days. Phone support puts you on hold for hours and then disconnects you because they can't help you. I do not have hours or days to be dealing with an issue that should be either escalated to a supervisor or someone who knows how to fix this. I purchased an xbox 360 in 2010 and the email address that was used to sign up for an account and gamertag I no longer have access to. When I give customer service the gamertag, they see that I've had an xboxlive subscription and that I have 3 recovery emails associated with the main email. I have reset passwords, I have had codes sent to these emails and still I can't login to the console. I keep getting error code 8015D002 and it's telling me my email and password are not correct. I have submitted 3 Microsoft account recovery requests all that come back failed and to provide more info. What other information do you need? I was able to use my xbox360 over a year ago, and now that we've taken it out of storage for the holidays, we can't get into Xboxlive. It is insulting to have to contact customer support and not have anyone help me get into my account. So if someone has no access to the main email or password for their xboxlive account they simply can't use the console they paid money for anymore? You can't even respond to the account recovery email address to get support, they keep telling you to submit another form. This is a very frustrating experience and I'm at the end of my rope here. To have a working gaming system that you can't login to because of a security update is ridiculous. If someone would just verify my emails, codes, passwords and look at where the xboxlive subscription payments were being made from it would be easy. I've tried everything even a rep told me to reset to factory default and nothing happened. I would hate to throw out a system that still works but you cant get access to simply because of a password issue.

:)

QuianaThomas, Nov 18, 2021
  2. QuianaThomas Win User

The backup email address for the Xbox isn't working either. Why can't someone simply just pull up the GAMERTAG that had an xbox live subscription and look at the name and the associated emails with it and send a code to verify identity? All of that belongs to me.

Why is this so complicated?
  3. QuianaThomas Win User

The email address that the xbox360 was registered to is no longe active. No on has access to this and no one can get into it. So when we click on forgot password and it asks to verify your identity - we don't have access to any of the emails that it comes up with. Then it takes us to Microsoft account recovery which we've already done 3 times and it keeps failing.

If the email addresses on file for the xbox360 no one has access to - how can you get into the xbox?
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi QuianaThomas,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your account and is unable to use Xbox 360 Console because of the error code: 8015D002. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

Based on support article (Error 8015D002 occurs when signing in to Xbox Live on your Xbox 360), the error code is all about Microsoft Account that has two-step verification and you haven't set up an app password. App password is set up to a device/app that needs to be constantly sync into your account without providing security code/physical password. To give you an example, as an Office Support, we recommend/advise customers to use app password simply because Outlook, an email client is needed among business or even personal use needs constant synchronization to receive and send emails. If you or the Email Service Provider (ESP) happen to set their security high, our users need to generate an app password considering you trusted the application, Outlook (in this example) to constantly sync the emails without asking for security code/password every launch. To simply put these words into your situation, the Xbox 360 Console that you are using needs app password before you to use it so the next time you will be accessing the device you don't need to verify your identity.

Let's get started in adding app password to your Xbox 360 Console by accessing your Microsoft Account.

1. Go to Additional security options. Kindly sign into the Microsoft Account added to your Xbox 360 Console.
    2. Kindly look for Add a new way to sign in or verify. See screenshot below for illustration.

[​IMG]

3. Kindly select Use an app. Then select Get it now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Under Enter your phone number and we’ll send you a download link, enter your phone number.
    5. Download Microsoft Authenticator and follow the steps to install it.
    6. Note the system-generated app password. Enter this password on your Xbox 360 console when prompted.

Important We recommend that you save this password in a safe place.

To save this password on your console, select the box when you're asked if you want to save your password.
    You may now head back to the Xbox 360 Console to sign into your account but remember the password is no longer your real password but the app password.

Resources:
    Error 8015D002 occurs when signing in to Xbox Live on your Xbox 360 | Xbox Support

How to set up an app password to sign in to your Xbox 360 console | Xbox Support

Manage app passwords for two-step verification (microsoft.com)

Please, do not forget to check here for known issues that might be related to your concern.

Xbox Status

Known Issues for Game Launches

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Thanks for the reply, QuianaThomas.

Sorry to hear that you can no longer access your Microsoft email account that has subscription for Xbox Live. We'd like to let you know that Microsoft Account is managed by completely automated server. To make sure you will be able to access your account a verification that would undergo with system will work. Please fill out this form Microsoft-Services Account Reset and kindly provide updated response email address and phone number. Wait for a response. Hope that helps.

Stay safe always! If you have a different concern kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Kind regards,

6. Bazajaytee Win User

This Email Address or Password is incorrect

You will need to give your Xbox an application specific password if you haven't already -

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-8015d002

If you have given it an app specific password and it still fails please let us know.
Thema:

1. Xbox360 Account Recovery Failing. Error Code: 8015D002 - Similar Threads - Xbox360 Account Recovery

2. How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?: I got an Xbox 360 I've had for a while with a Minecraft world I do not want to restart, I just got it hooked up to the Internet finally and logged into my Microsoft account, I don't want to lose...
  3. XBOX360 offline profile with current Live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX360 offline profile with current Live account: I have an old, offline only profile on my xbox360. When I try to sign into Live on this profile with my current Live account, I continually a message that "This Microsoft account is associated...
  4. It says my account isn't allowed to play xbox360 gold live

in XBoX on Consoles
    It says my account isn't allowed to play xbox360 gold live: It says that my profile isn't allowed to play xbox360 live gold. 02b440f5-f1ac-44cb-8640-fa20402cd68e
  5. Xbox360 live gold account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox360 live gold account: I can't download free games with xbox live gold account (xbox360). Showing error code 8c23002. Can't them find in the search as well, but they must be exist. At the same time I can buy games or...
  6. Cant log in to xbox live account on xbox360 S

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant log in to xbox live account on xbox360 S: tl;dr Formatted drive. Redownloaded profile. Game says it can not save. I am unable to log in to xbox live. Attempt to make the xbox360 my primary system, account pairing and all that. So I...
  7. Since I can't get in to my old Microsoft account that is linked to my XBOX360 Xbox live...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Since I can't get in to my old Microsoft account that is linked to my XBOX360 Xbox live...: Can't get in to my Xbox live account that I just redeemed a 12month Xbox live account 3fd4b8c9-8ea7-4ff5-82b1-e1c909011c7a
  8. I am trying to associate a profile on an Xbox360 with my child’s Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to associate a profile on an Xbox360 with my child’s Microsoft Account: I am trying to associate a profile on an Xbox360 with my child’s Microsoft Account which I can then set to be an Xbox live profile such that I can then add a gold membership to it. I have tried...
  9. I'm trying to download my account on my xbox360 but i got the following error code 8015000A

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to download my account on my xbox360 but i got the following error code 8015000A: I'm trying to download my account onto my xbox360 but I keep on getting the following error code 8015000A 2b6a0db2-8cc6-4ad7-a176-2068b33fa5ef
  10. XBOX360 Live Account Recovery

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX360 Live Account Recovery: Dear All, Here's a frustrating one which I hope there is a simple answer. We have owned an XBOX360 for 5 years+, but did not really use it, or make any purchases, until recently. In May 2020...