Xbox Xs controller keeps disconnecting from the console but the controller light stays on

Discus and support Xbox Xs controller keeps disconnecting from the console but the controller light stays on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox Xs controller keeps disconnecting from the Console but the controller light stays on I have tried updating my controller, resetting the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zyon Baker, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Zyon Baker
    Zyon Baker Guest

Xbox Xs controller keeps disconnecting from the console but the controller light stays on

Xbox Xs controller keeps disconnecting from the Console but the controller light stays on I have tried updating my controller, resetting the Xbox reconnecting the Xbox and controller but the problem still comes back and I am now lost on what to do

:)

Zyon Baker, Nov 15, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

you need to know if the problem is the controller or the xbox.

have you tried another controller on xbox? or this control on pc or cell phone?
  3. Daniel Onnsy Win User

Xbox controller keeps disconnecting from the xbox with the light on. Any solutions/ causes?

Hi again. When i said disconnect from the light, i mean disconnect from the outlet
    What do you mean by configuring the controller with synchronization buttons? Just attempted your solution and it worked for my controller for about 15-20 minuted before going back to its original issue with the controller light being on when disconnected, blinking two times, and then would stay disconnected with the light on.
  4. Kinshuk Sunil Win User

XBox One X Crashes with a long, stuck beep with the Xbox light on the console and controller flashing

2. The controller keeps disconnecting.

I think this is more of a problem with the controller than the console, because this happens only when the controller disconnects from the game midway. Sometimes, I get lucky and see a "Connect a controller" error popup, but most times the console arbitrarily
    shuts off with the XBox light on both the console and the controller blinking. This happens irrespective of battery levels in the controller. Does not happen at all if I connect it with a wire to the console. I am yet to try a different controller though.
    I tried multiple different controllers over the weekend. The problem persists. My controller worked alright with other Xboxes. Clearly, this is not a controller issue.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Xbox Series S Controller not working.

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Michael, try to follow this procedures below.

You will need a USB cable.

First remove the batteries from the controller and for 1 minute keep pressing all the buttons on the controller and moving the knobs.

After you're done, plug the USB cable controller into your console and turn it on the console and controller.

Look for controller updates in the Xbox accessories part, if you have an update available, do it.

If the controller keeps the light on, put the batteries back in the controller and remove the USB cable from the controller and see if it stays connected.
  6. NickD54 Win User

Series x controller disconnecting

Do you think it could be an issue with the plug and play kit ? Otherwise are certain games known to disconnect a controller? When it disconnects the light on the controller stays on then after 10 seconds it flashes a second then works as normal until it happens again
Thema:

1. Xbox Xs controller keeps disconnecting from the console but the controller light stays on - Similar Threads - controller keeps disconnecting

2. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  3. My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...: I’ve tried some of the things other sources have told me to do to fix it and none of them have worked. d4b9ec58-1587-42e3-bd27-30d62116ada2
  4. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  5. My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.: Since a few Months now my Xbox disconnects first the Controller, and then the Internet. To reconnect, I have to Restart the Xbox. I tried another Controller, another Network, even playing with...
  6. my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc: its not the xbox one controller its after that. it disconnects from my pc for a few seconds and then reconnects. software is up to date, it even happens when its plugged in....
  7. My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting: I got a new xbox core controller and connected it to my xbox one but it won't stay connected ad0fb639-1623-4ca9-a942-2a930f9e6332
  8. Xbox controllers keep disconnecting and reconnection on Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controllers keep disconnecting and reconnection on Series S: I recently got an Xbox Series S and my controllers (both new controller that came with the console, and my old Xbox one controller) have been randomly disconnecting and reconnecting, and my...
  9. My Xbox elite controller keeps on disconnecting from my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite controller keeps on disconnecting from my Xbox one: My Xbox elite controller keeps on disconnecting from my Xbox one. I did the controller update and it still keeps on disconnecting f5c6c4c6-4349-4ba3-8930-88169baaeceb
  10. Xbox Series X Controller Keeps disconnecting.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Controller Keeps disconnecting.: I’m in alpha updates and I’ve noticed while I was playing Dead Island 2, whenever I’d click the guide button the controller freezes, disconnects and then reconnects. Even my Xbox wireless headset...