Xbox / Xbox Windows app, sharing party chat audio

Discus and support Xbox / Xbox Windows app, sharing party chat audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good afternoon all. I have a simple question I am sure. I am a PC user, (i also own an Xbox One S) But for this I am on my PC I have the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HulkyPlays, Jan 26, 2021.

1. HulkyPlays
    HulkyPlays Guest

Good afternoon all.

I have a simple question I am sure.

I am a PC user, (i also own an Xbox One S) But for this I am on my PC

I have the Xbox Companion and the new Xbox app for Windows 10 installed.

My friend who is on Xbox One console streamed through the Twitch App last night, and from his stream all went well, except the stream was not picking up my audio.
    I am sure previously when I have streamed with others using the companion app and the audio was going through fine.

I am unable to find anything on my app, or in my Xbox settings (in case they link that way) that suggests I am not sharing

I couldn't find a setting in either Windows apps Companion or the new Xbox app

I would like to find out why or how I can get around this so I can be herd in others Xbox party chats when they are streaming.

Any help would be amazing.

Rhys (hulky)

P.S - I have checked and my reputation is a perfect record so this is not the issue either.

:)

HulkyPlays, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Xbox game bar mic not working?

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

To use many of the Xbox features within Game Bar, including Party Chat, you must have the Xbox app for Windows installed and be signed in.

If you’re having audio problems with Xbox parties on your Windows device, try the following solutions:
    1. Make sure your audio device is turned on.
    2. Check your party audio settings in Game Bar.
    3. Check the Xbox Status.
    4. Check your privacy settings.
    5. Check your Windows volume settings.
    6. Check your audio connection.
    7. Check and unplug any audio accessories.
    8. Run the Windows audio troubleshooting solution.
    9. Check for Windows updates.
    10. Restart your Windows device.
    11. Plug audio devices into different USB ports on your PC.
    12. Check app permissions.
    13. Check for known issues and updates from the manufacturer.
    14. Scan your device for potential viruses.
    15. Uninstall Xbox App services > Restart PC > Install app.

For more details on the above and more troubleshooting tips, kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/frien...re-socialize/troubleshoot-party-audio-windows

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox party chat issues

4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox Party in Windows 10

5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Console party chat audio to remote play/console companion

Hi GGNGuiltslegion! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You won't get the party chat audio trough the remote play in console companion app, as you can use the party chat trough the Xbox app or game bar, so it's not necessary to have it on the console and shared trough remote play.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox app blocks game audio during chat

Hi crazyjbird44,

I believe this is due to how the Xbox app audio is designed in that I think it prioritizes audio from the party chat when it's open and not from your applications in the background because your party audio device (your wireless headset and mic) is connecting
    to the app itself and not through a controller. I think that if the audio goes through a controller, that you'll be able to hear the party chat along with the game audio at the same time.

I couldn't find anything in the Xbox app settings to get what you want without needing a controller but I'm not sure if there is anything in your Windows audio settings that can solve this problem. You can always go in there and check if there are any relevant
    settings.

I recommend getting a controller and a gaming headset designed for Xbox One that has a headset adapter for the best gaming experience using the Xbox app on Windows 10
Thema:

1. Xbox / Xbox Windows app, sharing party chat audio - Similar Threads - Windows app sharing

2. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  3. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  4. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  5. Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...: I am unable to broadcast my Microsoft Windows environment across my other Microsoft Windows devices. please help thanks 1c4b0da4-6be0-47ad-8a8a-0b11312a4df2
  6. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  7. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  8. how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything: pls help i am having issues launching the xbox app on pc and only leaves me on the updating screen with the logo on it 608bf44c-2b36-4960-9b0a-e8ac99046022
  9. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  10. Need help with xbox app on Windows

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with xbox app on Windows: For the last 2 weeks I been trying to use the xbox app on pc and no matter what I do my headset doesn't work in parties. My mic isn't muted in anyway because it shows it working in the test area....