Xbox X Upload speed slow and bad ping

Discus and support Xbox X Upload speed slow and bad ping in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a Xbox Series X and having issues with remote play due to the following network connection status Download: 1015.9 Mbps Upload: 7.68... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ava-Ivy Evergreen, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Xbox X Upload speed slow and bad ping

Hi all,

I have a Xbox Series X and having issues with remote play due to the following network connection status

Download: 1015.9 Mbps

Upload: 7.68 Mbps (can't get it over 8)

Pocket loss: 0%

MTU: 1480

LATENCY: 172ms

I'm on a 1GBps/50Mbps 5Ghz wired connection (my Nest is recording 911Mbps/47Mbps in test speeds) and I've tried the standard suggestions in threads (open NAT, Google DNS, restarting everything/kicking internet connection etc) and nothing is fixing it, and I haven't found a solution in the forums...oh I've also set a static IP with my ISP

so I'm hoping someone can help?

Only thing I haven't tried is a console reset.

Thanks

:)

Ava-Ivy Evergreen, Jan 20, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Thanks for trying. If possible, you could try to directly plug your wired connection from your console to the main connect like a modem not on a router. Please also try to restart your network devices like router if it makes difference. If same issue, our best option is to perform a factory reset so we can confirm if it's really an issue of your console or your network configuration.
  3. Ava-Ivy Evergreen Win User

I tried wifi and download dropped to 228Mbps, upload 9.7Mbps and latency 160ms

I also tried bypassing my nest router and directly into NBN/wall box, and got 1026.79Mbps down, 11.36Mbps up but latency still 158ms

I'm guessing the only real option left is a reset? The Xbox is the only device we have problem with upload speeds so am at a loss.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

The issue here must be your latency. It is just too high for gaming. Have you tried connecting your console instead using your Wi-Fi signal?
  5. Rostom L Win User

Thanks for the additional information by the way. Alternatively, you could try to setup port forwarding on your router. You may need an assistance from your ISP in setting those ports that are being used by Xbox Live so your connection for gaming will be stable.

Please see the ports you need to setup here on this link https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. Ava-Ivy Evergreen Win User

Furthermore we have done a Speedtest.com test in the edge browser and that says the speeds are 900/42, it's only the Xbox itself saying that its having those issues, and remote play is sometimes okay sometimes very laggy/jittery
Thema:

1. Xbox X Upload speed slow and bad ping - Similar Threads - Upload speed slow

2. Slow upload... are Microsoft capping the speeds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload... are Microsoft capping the speeds.: I know this gets said alot but, Why do Microsoft cap the speeds.. how can 2 different speedtest on the same device. Have 2 very different results for the uploads. I was adviced to get an ethernet...
  3. Slow upload speed on série x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload speed on série x: I don’t know why but my upload speed is stuck at 3kp ! Start 3 week Ago no way to fix it ! c06c0604-6ec7-4495-b9a3-e88415542b3d
  4. Upload speed with wired connection is slow vs wifi much faster

in XboX Insiders
    Upload speed with wired connection is slow vs wifi much faster: A few days ago when troubleshooting lag in game, I performed the connection speed test in xbox series x settings and found that my wired connection upload speed is suspiciously low - between 10...
  5. Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection: I recently bought a Legion 5 laptop and during the initial days, the upload and download speeds were both around 100mbps. However, since a couple of weeks, the upload speed is restricted to less...
  6. Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection: I recently bought a Legion 5 laptop and during the initial days, the upload and download speeds were both around 100mbps. However, since a couple of weeks, the upload speed is restricted to less...
  7. Slow upload speed on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload speed on Xbox One S: Hi There I just upgraded my internet to 200/200 fibre. I get 200mbit down on my xbox but upload is only 2-3 mbit. Is there a solution for this? I have a pc and I have done speed tests and all...
  8. Xbox One X Slow Upload Speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Slow Upload Speed: My xbox one x occasionally has issues with online gaming that I think is caused by slow upload speeds from my xbox to the server. I've gone through almost all the trouble shooting steps to improve...
  9. : Slow upload speed

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Slow upload speed: : Slow upload speed Slow upload speed Does it matters which version I use. Ipv4 or Ipv6? d6517316-ba8f-43fd-b49c-cdd2aa777dce
  10. Slow Upload Speed (Remote Play)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow Upload Speed (Remote Play): Wondering if someone can help me with my upload speed on the Xbox Series X. I have 1gbs internet in my home and the Xbox is connected to the network via a wired connection to a network switch I...