xbox x serial audio optical port

Discus and support xbox x serial audio optical port in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I would like to know if the geniuses who have decided to remove the optical audio from the new x series have taken into account the large percentage of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MAKS660, Jul 7, 2020.

1. MAKS660
    MAKS660 Guest

I would like to know if the geniuses who have decided to remove the optical audio from the new x series have taken into account the large percentage of people who use the optical audio port for home
    cinemas, sound cards, amplifiers, dacs, decoders ...If this port costs 2 euros, here you have a user who would buy a ps5 if they did not have it, since for many the subject of audio is very important

:)

MAKS660, Jul 7, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Microsoft do check on if anyone uses the ports which they have on their consoles. For the optical port, they found a small percentage used it, so that was the reason why it was removed.
  3. Unstable Chimp Win User

Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

There are multiple articles stating audio compatibility via USB. If optical is necessary, there are various HDMI to optical devices available which you may need to add.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/02/designed-for-xbox-new-look-continuous-compatibility/

"Some gaming headsets that utilize an optical cable may require a firmware update to support game and chat audio over USB on Xbox Series X. Soundbars and headsets that do not receive updates may be connected
    directly to your televisions optical port."

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-audio-usb/

"Xbox Series X to Support Wireless Audio and Voice Chat Over USB, Astro Gaming Confirms"
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

My grandson has an Xbox connected to a monitor. No tv. How can I connect a soundboard to that setup without a tv?

Hello Deborah, sorry to hear you're having trouble.

It depends on the console. If he has an Xbox up to the One X then there should be an Optical Port on the back. Most sound bars will offer an optical in option for this as they offer a really good audio option for the console. If he's using the Xbox Series X or S then the Optical Port is not a feature so he would need to purchase either an Xbox compatable Wireless headset or a wired headset that can plug into his controller.
  5. stuart mcb Win User
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox Series X - no dedicated digital sound output

I'm in a similar situation...

I use astro a50 gen 2 headset for my audio through optical port, without the optical port on the Series X my £299 astro headset is useless, just had order and spend another £299 for the astro a50 gen 4 to work with the Series X,

I would have rather have paid an extra £5-£10 more for the Series X console for it to have an optical port than having to pay out £299 for a new headset

I use a 4K monitor but it has no speakers, so I'm stuck with no audio at all for the Series X until I get my new headset.
Thema:

1. xbox x serial audio optical port - Similar Threads - serial audio optical

2. is it safe to give serial number of your xbox controller?

in XboX Insiders
    is it safe to give serial number of your xbox controller?: This buyer is asking me for the serial number of my controller. is it safe to tell? Can you get the details about the controller and my details through serial number? submitted by...
  3. My Xbox Series S controller is not working the serial number is scratched off what do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S controller is not working the serial number is scratched off what do I do?: Is there anything I can do my Xbox Series S controller stopped working the usb cable port is broken my serial number on my control is gone how do I get a replacement...
  4. I cannot register my Xbox Series X controller via serial number

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot register my Xbox Series X controller via serial number: I recently bought a Xbox Series X controller. When I tried to register my device on Microsoft Device website it show that "We didn't recognize this serial number" so I doubt that my controller is...
  5. Is it possible to get another serial number sticker after I refurbished an Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to get another serial number sticker after I refurbished an Xbox one: So I was refurbishing my friends Xbox one because His little brother destroyed the whole xbox the serial number sticker was removed the vents were removed the Optical drive was broken So I...
  6. My parents stole my new Xbox and I am trying to get the serial number to be able to take...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My parents stole my new Xbox and I am trying to get the serial number to be able to take...: Iv been trying to get my new Xbox back from my mom she took it and won't give it back even though I have proof of purchase c19de4d3-1a8d-4660-9db3-3e3228b0e60c
  7. my serial number faded off of the outside of my console is there a way i can get a reprint...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my serial number faded off of the outside of my console is there a way i can get a reprint...: my serial number faded off of the outside of my console is there a way i can get a reprint barcode for my console 1bea8677-c1c0-4510-9f30-fcbada35ca53
  8. My controller triggers are acting up so I'm trying to get it replaced. My serial number on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller triggers are acting up so I'm trying to get it replaced. My serial number on...: So basically how this happened was I turned on my Xbox, signed in, then as soon as I got on the games page it started moving the thumbstick up and down (on the games) by itself! I think the main...
  9. Having issues registering Elite Series 2 controller as new device using the serial number????

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having issues registering Elite Series 2 controller as new device using the serial number????: Having issues registering Elite Series 2 controller as new device using the series number. I am looking at the serial number on the back of my official Xbox Elite Series 2 controller and trying to...
  10. I cant verify the serial number of my elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant verify the serial number of my elite controller: this is what am getting: We couldn't verify the serial number. Check the serial number and try again. Region is the Netherlands. tried all the: select the device options. Nothing worked. error...