: XBOX X network connection issue, can't play online

Discus and support : XBOX X network connection issue, can't play online in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : XBOX X network connection issue, can't play online Hello there @PhilipScholten, I hope everything is going well! Thank you for reaching Microsoft... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by PhilipScholten, Dec 25, 2020.

1. : XBOX X network connection issue, can't play online

Hello there @PhilipScholten, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the connection, situation, but I want you not to worry about it because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh.
    I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500
    (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Code:
    Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
    :)

PhilipScholten, Dec 25, 2020
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @PhilipScholten, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the connection, situation, but I want you not to worry about it because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh.
    I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500
    (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
  3. Diabolus Magnus Win User

Can't connect to Xbox live

Same here, was happily playing, my game froze, rebooted system and can't get back online, ran the network test & everything was fine except the connection to x box live.

Have reset my Router & still nothing.
  4. Christyna64 Win User

Xbox refuses to let me add a knew account

Did you run a network test in the console setting menu to see if your console is connected? You might try resetting the MAC address too on the console. If you can't connect to the internet with the console, it can't dowload your profile, or add a new one.
    Linked below is some troubleshooting steps that might help you get the console back online.

Xbox Support Networking Issues

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-network-connection
  5. jessebenson Win User

Xbox series X/S DRM

This has nothing to do with sharing. If you buy a series X and buy a disk with no connection to the network you can't play. Period.
  6. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

Minecraft pe glitch

Thema:

1. : XBOX X network connection issue, can't play online - Similar Threads - network connection issue

2. My Xbox one X is connected to the internet, but says i'm not connected to the Xbox network.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one X is connected to the internet, but says i'm not connected to the Xbox network.: My xbox X has not been used in 6 weeks. I turned it on today and it said I it was August 2019, though it had been used previously in 2024. I connected to the internet after chaanging the date...
  3. Xbox won't connect to Xbox Network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't connect to Xbox Network: My Series X console says it's connected to the Internet in the settings but when I'm on the homepage it says I'm offline. When I try to check my connection, it doesn't move past the "Checking...
  4. My xbox won't connect to any wifi network

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox won't connect to any wifi network: My xbox series s won't connect to any wifi network. Home internet, mobile hotspot, neighbors. Please help submitted by /u/PooterScooter0 [link] [comments]
  5. Connect to the Xbox Network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect to the Xbox Network: So about two months ago i bought an xbox series X and set it up using a Lan cable. A CAT5e to be exact. I use Vodafone and have speeds of 500+mbs. Turned everything on and it wouldnt connect...
  6. Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network: Logged off the console last night everything was fine. This morning its unable to connect to the network. Tried doing a console reset (power cycle) and then tried a reboot. Now it wont load up as...
  7. Cannot connect to the Xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to the Xbox network: Despite being connected to the internet on my Xbox and other devices, and being able to play online games with friends I have been unable to download/update any games, open avatar editor, the...
  8. Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...: So I'm here to shed some light of the situation at the very least as Microsoft don't bother looking into the issue as it isn't really their issue to deal with nonetheless. Possible causes: ISP...
  9. When I connect my Xbox series x to my home Wi-Fi I have network issues when in game. It’s a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I connect my Xbox series x to my home Wi-Fi I have network issues when in game. It’s a...: When I connect my Xbox series x to my home Wi-Fi I have network issues when in game. It’s a 5ghz signal and my switch, pc, don’t have issues with it. I test the network and multiplayer connection...
  10. Xbox360 Network Connection Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 Network Connection Issues: Xbox360 was connecting to internet and Xbox live but we had a power outage and now it won't connect. Have already tried resetting the router multiple times, restarting the Xbox, etc. I have no way...