Xbox won’t update, think I’ve tried everything ‘There was a problem with the update’

Discus and support Xbox won’t update, think I’ve tried everything ‘There was a problem with the update’ in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox won’t update, can’t get into contact with Microsoft so far. Used offline update via usb, checking network connection, connecting Ethernet,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HarryHiHat, May 4, 2023.

1. HarryHiHat
    HarryHiHat Guest

Xbox won’t update, think I’ve tried everything ‘There was a problem with the update’

Xbox won’t update, can’t get into contact with Microsoft so far. Used offline update via usb, checking network connection, connecting Ethernet, restarting Xbox, nothing worked- error: 0x80070570 0x00000000 0x90000005. Would appreciate any help at all as I haven’t found any solutions online and am debating a dreaded factory reset.

Thanks.

:)

HarryHiHat, May 4, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Just to test it out because I experience this myself.

If ever the same issue occurs, we may need to get the console repaired.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Seems like you have performed all the necessary steps. Do you have a different network connection such as a mobile hotspot that you can test as the last resort?
  4. HarryHiHat Win User

Everything else on the network works, I doubt that that is the issue, but yes, I have a mobile hotspot, nothing else on an alternative network
  5. HarryHiHat Win User

Did not work, same ‘there was a problem with the update’ same error code. Followed all instructions. Anything else?

Thanks
  6. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Kindly perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

" 1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state."

After that, try updating the console again.
Thema:

1. Xbox won’t update, think I’ve tried everything ‘There was a problem with the update’ - Similar Threads - won’t update I’ve

2. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  3. Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?: Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ? 72062e39-e46c-46c2-89bc-dd9555ba9044
  4. My Xbox series S won’t system update.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S won’t system update.: It keeps saying there’s a problem, but I’ve reset it twice and I’m unable to do an offline reset. Please help? 99e3bf41-b1e5-4752-a78f-662da4740462
  5. Xbox won’t update - no error message

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox won’t update - no error message: I hadn’t played my Xbox in a few weeks and when I plugged it in it asked to update. I tried a few times but it would turn off during the update and not turn back on. When I turned it on manually...
  6. Xbox won’t detect 4K TV since this morning’s Alpha Skip-Ahead update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox won’t detect 4K TV since this morning’s Alpha Skip-Ahead update: As title says. Picture is 640x480 with no seemingly way of changing it. When I go to change the display settings, the only option available to me is 640x480. Also audio settings seems to be...
  7. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  8. mw2 and fifa 23 won’t update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    mw2 and fifa 23 won’t update: my mw2 wouldn’t launch, so i did what the game said and deleted and tried to reinstall, but it won’t reinstall saying it needs and update and when trying to update says installation stopped....
  9. Help with Xbox series s that won’t do the initial update

in XboX Insiders
    Help with Xbox series s that won’t do the initial update: Got a new Xbox series s and when I go to do the first update it has me do the update will not go through and stays at 1% it is a 1.4 Gb update submitted by /u/Viper6851 [link] [comments]
  10. Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but...: I’m having trouble with downloading a game on disc and I tried buying it in the Xbox store but cannot because it says “u own this already” 84debe74-dbae-4e50-a944-bb68cd205219