Xbox won't update on dorm wifi

Discus and support Xbox won't update on dorm wifi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Series S - 512gb that I got around may of this year. I'm living in a dorm right now that has a seperate wifi network for consoles.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JaydonBunish, Dec 14, 2022.

1. JaydonBunish
    JaydonBunish Guest

I have an Xbox Series S - 512gb that I got around may of this year. I'm living in a dorm right now that has a seperate wifi network for consoles. Whenever my Xbox tries to update using the schools network it gives me an error message. The error message says "There was a problem with the update" and under suggestions it just says "Check network connection and try again." The error code is 0x80072EFE 0x00000000 0x9FFF0004 but sometimes the numbers will change slightly. I've gotten away with using a friends hotspot for the update before, but that isn't an option right now and I have to get a new password for my dorm WiFi every time I do that. Power cycling doesn't help and neither did a factory reset. I don't have access to the modem or any of the network settings for solutions that might involve that.

:)

JaydonBunish, Dec 14, 2022
  2. Jason Guer Win User

Xbox update not working on dorm wifi

Hello JaydonBunish

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have an issue in regard of updating your Xbox App and you encountered different error codes for this "0x80072EFE 0x00000000 0x9FFF0004" Let’s work together in finding the best resolution to this issue.

For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

• Is this the first time you encountered this issue?
    • Have you tried to browser via website to check if you really connected to the internet?
    I made research and went to Xbox website to find some solutions for the error codes that you encountered. The methods are as follows:

Method A. Restart the Modem Or Home Network

Method B. Check for the Xbox Status using the indicators below.

Method C. Redownload the content

On Xbox One

• Select My games & apps > See all > Queue.
    • Highlight the game or app you're trying to download.
    • If the status shows as Queued or Paused, select the game or app and press the Menu button , and then select Resume installation.
    On PC

• Open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select the ellipsis () in the top right corner.
    • Select My Library.
    • If the app says Install next to it, select that button. If it says Paused, select the Resume icon next to the download status bar.
    Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

We look forward to your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Jason Guer Win User

Xbox update not working on dorm wifi

Hello JaydonBunish

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Regards

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Arminator Win User

CANT CONNECT TO WIRELESS NETWORK

Is your router using certain security settings? Like only allowing known MAC addresses to join the WiFi? Or are you using a special WiFi authentication method that's different from WEP/WPA? For example, if you live in an apartment complex or student dorm,
    where you need to enter special credentials to connect to the WiFi?

What exact make and model is your WiFi access point?
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Additional authentication

Are you connecting in a student dorm WiFi, or an apartment complex that provides WiFi to the inhabitants? It might be, that when you first connected your other devices to the network, you were presented with a welcome page,
    where you had to authenticate your devices by agreeing to the WiFi's terms of use, or provide a code or password you got from your landlord or whoever runs the WiFi.

Since that has to be only once, you might have forgotten about it.

If you try to connect the Xbox One to that network, it might require you to visit the portal page again, and authenticate the Xbox access with the WiFi.
  6. StaceyQR. Win User

Xbox One won't connect to WiFi network with correct password

It's my wifi won't connect to my xbox everything else works fine on the wifi but the wifi won't connect to my xbox one x
Thema:

1. Xbox won't update on dorm wifi - Similar Threads - won't update dorm

2. My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...: I have tried every option available to me. Even the part where I get access as to whether or not you want the narrator. Please help me silence this annoyance. This started after the xbox last...
  3. My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...: I connect to the internet then it acts like it wants to do the update then it stops and says that there is a problem with the update and when I click try again it does nothing and this problem has...
  4. Controller Won't Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Won't Update: This is a very strange one . I understand a new Firmware update for Xbsx controllers was released a few days ago (5.21) so i thought i would update my controller , on the device screen it says a...
  5. Xbox one X alpha skip ahead won't update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one X alpha skip ahead won't update: Hi there I've got a problem with my console, it won't update no matter what I do. I tried to update using offline updater but only goes to 1% and send me back to the troubleshoot menu....
  6. Minecraft won't update or load

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft won't update or load: I have been trying to update minecraft from 1.19 for ages and if I try to play it, the launcher says "launching failed! unable to locate java runtime, error details: 0x00000000. What do I do? I've...
  7. Xbox series s won't update even with the offline update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s won't update even with the offline update: So last night i turned on my series s and it said it was time to update but the update never started (It showed error 0x80190194) I left it for 1 hr and nothing so i looked into what could be...
  8. New update for Xbox won't install on my series X. Error code 80070570

in XBoX on Consoles
    New update for Xbox won't install on my series X. Error code 80070570: I've tried all the things you would think of to get this update to install. Restarting. Unplugging. Switch networks. Hardwiring. Deleting account from console. Resetting keeping games and apps....
  9. Xbox won't update and I can't use it. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't update and I can't use it. What do I do?: Ive tried multople times to do an update and its not letting me. It gets to the second update and just stops. I get a message that says something went wrong and an error code. I know my network...
  10. Game update won't download!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game update won't download!: My update won't download despite console pulling in date. It's pulling about 300 mb an hour but none of that is going to the update! Please help, I had a longer description but it wouldn't submit....