Xbox won't update after purchase of new game!!!!

Discus and support Xbox won't update after purchase of new game!!!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good afternoon, Problem: Here is a description of the issue going on. My son purchased Pay Day 2 via his Xbox console and downloaded the game to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DimengionX, Jan 4, 2014.

1. DimengionX
    DimengionX Guest

Good afternoon,

Problem:

Here is a description of the issue going on. My son purchased Pay Day 2 via his Xbox console and downloaded the game to his Xbox 360 S 250gb hard drive. The download completed successfully. When trying to load the game a "System Update" is required.
    The download will initially start and fill the download line about 3-5% of the way. While maintaining the loading X for system update for about 20-30 seconds an error code message will pop up. The error code being referenced is "40A3-0000-80DO-0200-8007-045D.
    As we all know the error code represents that the Xbox cannot communicate with the hard drive.

Error Code #: 40A3-0000-80D0-0200-8007-045D

Troubleshooting:

Here are the troubleshooting procedures that have already been performed.

[table][tr][td]xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-8007-000Fxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-8007-045Dxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-D000-0185[/td][td]A storage device (such as a memory unit or hard drive) was not found during the software update. Follow these steps:
    1. Turn off your console.
    2. Remove all console storage devices, including any USB flash drives, external hard drives or the internal hard drive on the Xbox 360 E console or Xbox 360 S console.Learn how to remove the hard drive.
    3. Add your primary storage device, for example, the hard drive.
    4. Turn on the console
    5. Try updating the console again.
    [/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]351f-0000-0080-0300-8007-0570[/td][td]You encountered an error with a title update for a game or app. Learn more about game or app title updates.Try the following: [/td][/tr][/table]

Additionally, I have reset the modem. Restored Xbox 360 S, cleared the hard drive of all gaming information including System Cache, and Re-downloaded profiles. I have a Halo 4 edition Xbox and had my son download his profile to my Xbox, Download Pay Day
    2, and try the system update on mine. The exact same problem occurs.

System Information:

Modem- Ubee modem from Brighthouse Networks. Acts as a modem/router. 40GB connection down, 20GB up. Lightning Cable connection.

Systems- Xbox 360 S 250GB & Xbox 360 Halo 4 Edition 300GB.

Please do not tell me the issue is with the router. I work in IT and have a lot of experience with routers & modems. I can assure you that the router or connection is not the issue. I've tried Wireless and Hard lined. I am positive the issue is on Xbox side
    because there are thousands that are having the exact same issue since the last 360 update. Any positive and helpful information is welcomed to fix this problem. Thank you for your time!

:)

DimengionX, Jan 4, 2014
  2. wnrwade
    wnrwade Guest
    Having to reset Xbox one daily

i have to reset my xbox one daily for it to update any purchases or so ads for new games or movies. It also won't show pinned apps until after reset. Also during last reset my purchases on Xbox video would not show. Deleted app as told to do before and reset
    console and reinstalled app. Now I am missing all 11 seasons of NCIS that I had purchased.

wnrwade, Jan 4, 2014
  3. IconicNose8
    IconicNose8 Guest
    I'm At My Wits End!!!!!!!!!! This All Started Beginning of October when I Downloaded Netflix Update.....

@Irixion, I just tried your suggestion, game disk won't play with HDD removed, just showing black screen. But....I've never had a problem with this Xbox before the Netflix update at the beginning of the month. After the update, Kinect freezes, games won't
    play, apps freeze at their start screen. This Xbox is hardly ever used, how could their be any damage? (purchased brand new 2012, paid extra for star wars version, only been used approx. 10-20 times since purchase).

IconicNose8, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Xbox won't update after purchase of new game!!!!

Well since you work in the IT field I'm assuming it's safe to get semi-technical. There are several options.

1. You're using aftermarket HDDs that aren't official. If your console didn't come equipped with a HDD and you bought one online--yes, even Amazon--then updates can be problematic. They do not use a standard FAT and the counterfeiters aren't really good
      at emulating whatever the call the new structure (sorry, the name eludes me at the moment). You said 300 GB Halo 4 Edition but stock that's 320... I'm assuming this is a typo so on to number 2.
    2. There's an IO issue at hand; possibly a defective SATA connection which would require servicing.
    3. You can manually download the update on your PC and put it on a CD or mass storage device and install it that way. Instructions here: How to Get a New Xbox 360 Update
    4. The update fouled up and is stuck in the ROM. If you call 1-800-4MY-XBOX they can actually give you a set of commands that can be inputted from the controller that will rollback your console to the last update the system had. All data on the console will
      still be there but it will give you a fresh start as far as the OS is concerned. It's akin to the Windows 8.X "Refresh" ability.
    5. If this is a "Title Update" (essentially a revision patch) and not a "System Update" you can browse the storage screen to the Pay Day 2 directory and look for "Title Update" and delete that file. The next time you boot the game it will attempt to reacquire
      it. On rare occasions Title Updates get fouled up. It is highly recommended that you clear out the system cache (hit Y over the storage device) and power cycle the console after you delete any "Title Updates."

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 4, 2014
  5. DimengionX
    DimengionX Guest
    Yeah it was a 320gb. I bought it while I was in Afghanistan and haven't played it much so the GB actually eluded me Xbox won't update after purchase of new game!!!! :). I'm now in assumption that it is a title update that is causing the issue. However, deleting the title update did not fix the issue. So
    on my Xbox I deleted the entire game, since it was downloaded, and reinstalled it and it worked fine. I'm now in the process of doing the same on my son's xbox to see if that fixes the issue. I'll get back to you and let you know.

DimengionX, Jan 4, 2014
  6. DimengionX
    DimengionX Guest
    Now it is throwing a different code. 0x80090304, which I've seen before with SQL servers blocking connections to non authenticated users not apart of a specific user group. However, never with live. I'm looking at the DNS to see if they match for authentication
    purposes. Ok, so the DNS is fine and it reconnected to live now.

I'm reinstalling the game to see if the issue returns. I reverted the system update already and reinstalled the update. The game should take about an hour to download so I can get back to here upon it's completion and let you know if the issue still arises.
    I have also cleared all system cache and deleted all old items from the hard drive to clear up some space. There is currently 189 GB of free space.

Also, another issue is started to come up. When I reverted the system update the system started and when to Xbox Home within less than a minute from power on to home. After the update and subsequently the last 5 restarts, it has taken anywhere from 3-5 minutes
    to go from power on to Xbox home. The lag is almost like something you would find with an overload of bandwidth on a system server. I will get back to this thread upon completion of the game download and let you know if it throws more codes.

DimengionX, Jan 4, 2014
  7. Ah, well yes a damaged digital version of the game can create all types of errors. The 360's FAT has an ~1.97 file size restriction and was created before the big push to digital formats so it's inadequate to the task. Each digital game contains it's own
    folder with many chunks of game data and--from personal experience--it seems that a small hiccup during download can muddy the entire process. It'd work better using the BitTorrent protocol or at least some type of verification system in place to validate
    the chunks after they've been received but I digress...

Free space doesn't really matter to be honest, the OS runs on a separate partition on the HDD as is it's swap file so speed shouldn't be effected by available storage space.

I'm not sure what that code means on the Xbox... Windows Server yes... Xbox no clue, could be different.

You're probably right with the assumption on the boot-up lag being overloaded bandwidth or spotty connectivity. Simple test would be to turn off the NIC/unplug the CAT5 and see if it boots up right quick. Remember a lot of servers also do maintenance during
    overnight hours since less people are on them. Xbox LIVE is a distributed network and your nearest server might just be cycling and it's going to one a greater distance away.

VisageOfAnAngel, Oct 31, 2018
  8. IconicNose8 Win User

I'm At My Wits End!!!!!!!!!! This All Started Beginning of October when I Downloaded Netflix Update.....

@Irixion, I just tried your suggestion, game disk won't play with HDD removed, just showing black screen. But....I've never had a problem with this Xbox before the Netflix update at the beginning of the month. After the update, Kinect freezes, games won't
    play, apps freeze at their start screen. This Xbox is hardly ever used, how could their be any damage? (purchased brand new 2012, paid extra for star wars version, only been used approx. 10-20 times since purchase).
  9. MistakenHarpy05 Win User

No login possible

not sure if this is the same thing but. mine loads up the game but won't sync to xbox live so it just keeps going back to the start screen of the game. doesn't matter what game it is. and it seems to be related to the new update because it started doing
    this after i updated.
  10. AWildYamiEnters Win User

I Am Unable to Reinstall Overwatch Origins Edition

Since part of the service alert is for the "purchase and usage" of games you won't be able to reinstall it until after everything is working again. Please keep a watch out for updates

here.
  11. Cerebral Paul Win User

Xbox One enhanced/4k games

They'll have an update to them. You won't be have to purchase them again.
    and with some titles you will be pleasantly surprised at the difference after they update.
  12. iamlebatmaam Win User

latest update has messed up by xbox

I am also having this issue. Is there any way to fix this, or no? Honestly I just got a new game and I'm kind of *** that after this update it won't connect.
Thema:

1. Xbox won't update after purchase of new game!!!! - Similar Threads - won't update purchase

2. My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...: I have tried every option available to me. Even the part where I get access as to whether or not you want the narrator. Please help me silence this annoyance. This started after the xbox last...
  3. My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...: I connect to the internet then it acts like it wants to do the update then it stops and says that there is a problem with the update and when I click try again it does nothing and this problem has...
  4. Controller Won't Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Won't Update: This is a very strange one . I understand a new Firmware update for Xbsx controllers was released a few days ago (5.21) so i thought i would update my controller , on the device screen it says a...
  5. Xbox one X alpha skip ahead won't update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one X alpha skip ahead won't update: Hi there I've got a problem with my console, it won't update no matter what I do. I tried to update using offline updater but only goes to 1% and send me back to the troubleshoot menu....
  6. Minecraft won't update or load

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft won't update or load: I have been trying to update minecraft from 1.19 for ages and if I try to play it, the launcher says "launching failed! unable to locate java runtime, error details: 0x00000000. What do I do? I've...
  7. Xbox series s won't update even with the offline update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s won't update even with the offline update: So last night i turned on my series s and it said it was time to update but the update never started (It showed error 0x80190194) I left it for 1 hr and nothing so i looked into what could be...
  8. New update for Xbox won't install on my series X. Error code 80070570

in XBoX on Consoles
    New update for Xbox won't install on my series X. Error code 80070570: I've tried all the things you would think of to get this update to install. Restarting. Unplugging. Switch networks. Hardwiring. Deleting account from console. Resetting keeping games and apps....
  9. Xbox won't update and I can't use it. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't update and I can't use it. What do I do?: Ive tried multople times to do an update and its not letting me. It gets to the second update and just stops. I get a message that says something went wrong and an error code. I know my network...
  10. Why won't the 2014 updates apply to my series x? I've gone so far as to purchase the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't the 2014 updates apply to my series x? I've gone so far as to purchase the game...: Refer to the question. I really need help. d3a20978-1e9a-46f2-a2fc-dda6ff22ad25