Xbox won't turn on???

Discus and support Xbox won't turn on??? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was just wondering why when I went to turn my xbox the light lit up and it made that turning on sound yet it shut right back off. It did this three... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RedSoxFan35, Jan 5, 2014.

1. RedSoxFan35
    RedSoxFan35 Guest

Xbox won't turn on???

I was just wondering why when I went to turn my xbox the light lit up and it made that turning on sound yet it shut right back off. It did this three times until I kept my finger on the button a bit longer. The first time it turned on then instantly shut
    off was when i turned the controller on before turning the system on.

:)

RedSoxFan35, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Xbox won't turn on.

My power supply was orange and when I hit the power button it would make a noise I looked online for fixes found it could be a USB port could have a shorted wire. Not so with mine it was the TV, switched the plug to another HDMI port and it worked.

AlFa FreezeRay, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Xbox won't turn on

Hey there!

Have you tried running through the steps on our
    Xbox One Won't Power On support page
    ? Please be sure to run through each step to attempt to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, your Xbox One console may need to be repaired. You can start the repair process over at our
    Online Service Center.

Feel free to keep us posted!

Mister Beep, Jan 5, 2014
  4. dlCHIEF58
    dlCHIEF58 Guest

Xbox won't turn on???

You will probably need to do a hard shutdown and reset, as I imagine it is related to the new dashboard update. Power down the console by pressing on the power switch for about 10 seconds. Then unplug the power brick from the wall and console. Also unplug
    any USB devices (particularly external hard drives), Wait for about 2-5 minutes, then plug the power brick back into the wall and console (don't plug in USB devices yet). Power on your console - if there is an update (as I suspect) let it install completely
    before plugging in any USB devices.

-

I've seen their behavior after power outages and occasionally when a system update is ready to install. I found it was necessary to unplug the external hard drive I use to get the console to boot up all the way as doing the hard reset/power cycle was not
    enough to get it to act normally. This should get you both up and running again.

dlCHIEF58, Oct 17, 2014
  5. ElectroFlying Win User

Xbox won't turn on

If it's not the X1-S people then try another power supply as it's likely your power supplies fan is shot causing your console to turn back off just after turning on.
  6. XOG DarthKiller Win User

Xbox won't turn on

Mine is doing the same right in the middle of the fall update
  7. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Xbox won't turn on

8. rossmfh76 Win User

Xbox won't turn on

Hi, thanks for this. I tried it and it worked. It has worked fine for a couple of weeks, but crashed again when i was pkaying a game earlier. Now it won't turn in again. I have tried what you suggested, but it just sits there and squeaks every few minutes
    without turning on. Any thoughts?
  9. AlFa FreezeRay Win User

Xbox won't turn on.

My power supply was orange and when I hit the power button it would make a noise I looked online for fixes found it could be a USB port could have a shorted wire. Not so with mine it was the TV, switched the plug to another HDMI port and it worked.
Thema:

Xbox won't turn on???

1. Xbox won't turn on??? - Similar Threads - won't turn

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. My controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't turn on: My controller won't turn on I used a wire for it and tried new batteries but it won't turn on but I was just using it this morning with a charging c cable bc536c90-da0b-4b12-9d3f-d8565e0ce9ce
  4. So my Xbox One S won't turn on anymore. How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox One S won't turn on anymore. How do I fix it?: It turned off one day in the middle of me playing a game, and hasn't turned back on since. When I hit the power button, it makes the noise of it turning on, lights up for about a second, then...
  5. My xbox one wont fully update and won't let me turn it on

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox one wont fully update and won't let me turn it on: So my storage is full on my xbox and it needs to update when I turned it on it starts updating but stops half way saying something went wrong when trouble shooting it give me 4 options restart...
  6. I've got a Xbox one s that won't say turned on in 1 second it will shut off again...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've got a Xbox one s that won't say turned on in 1 second it will shut off again...: I've got a Xbox one s that won't say turned in 1 second it will shut off again I've completely cleaned it inside and out I'm using a new power cable lead from betta electrical I have to unplug it...
  7. Xbox series s won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't turn on: I replaced the power cord and power supply also the fan and still won't turn on 7234e759-6528-46c0-b8db-966648941b0b
  8. My Xbox won't turn on at all but I hear a ringing sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won't turn on at all but I hear a ringing sound: So I went to turn on my Xbox series x and it won't turn on but I hear this ringing noise from inside my console if anybody have any idea to fix this I'll appreciate I read some things online about...
  9. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  10. My PDP Controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Windows
    My PDP Controller won't turn on: I got a new PDP controller and when I tried to turn it on it won't work, it won't even light up. Is there a way to solve the problem or do I need to get s new one...