Xbox won't turn on???

Discus and support Xbox won't turn on??? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was just wondering why when I went to turn my xbox the light lit up and it made that turning on sound yet it shut right back off. It did this three... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RedSoxFan35, Jan 5, 2014.

1. RedSoxFan35
    RedSoxFan35 Guest

Xbox won't turn on???

I was just wondering why when I went to turn my xbox the light lit up and it made that turning on sound yet it shut right back off. It did this three times until I kept my finger on the button a bit longer. The first time it turned on then instantly shut
    off was when i turned the controller on before turning the system on.

:)

RedSoxFan35, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Xbox won't turn on.

My power supply was orange and when I hit the power button it would make a noise I looked online for fixes found it could be a USB port could have a shorted wire. Not so with mine it was the TV, switched the plug to another HDMI port and it worked.

AlFa FreezeRay, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Xbox won't turn on

Hey there!

Have you tried running through the steps on our
    Xbox One Won't Power On support page
    ? Please be sure to run through each step to attempt to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, your Xbox One console may need to be repaired. You can start the repair process over at our
    Online Service Center.

Feel free to keep us posted!

Mister Beep, Jan 5, 2014
  4. dlCHIEF58
    dlCHIEF58 Guest

Xbox won't turn on???

You will probably need to do a hard shutdown and reset, as I imagine it is related to the new dashboard update. Power down the console by pressing on the power switch for about 10 seconds. Then unplug the power brick from the wall and console. Also unplug
    any USB devices (particularly external hard drives), Wait for about 2-5 minutes, then plug the power brick back into the wall and console (don't plug in USB devices yet). Power on your console - if there is an update (as I suspect) let it install completely
    before plugging in any USB devices.

-

I've seen their behavior after power outages and occasionally when a system update is ready to install. I found it was necessary to unplug the external hard drive I use to get the console to boot up all the way as doing the hard reset/power cycle was not
    enough to get it to act normally. This should get you both up and running again.

dlCHIEF58, Oct 17, 2014
  5. WizR Win User

xbox one kinect

Mine won't even turn the xbox on by saying "XBOX ON", "XBOX TURN ON", [Mod Removed] ... it just won't...
  6. ElectroFlying Win User

Xbox won't turn on

If it's not the X1-S people then try another power supply as it's likely your power supplies fan is shot causing your console to turn back off just after turning on.
  7. XOG DarthKiller Win User

Xbox won't turn on

Mine is doing the same right in the middle of the fall update
  8. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Xbox won't turn on

9. rossmfh76 Win User

Xbox won't turn on

Hi, thanks for this. I tried it and it worked. It has worked fine for a couple of weeks, but crashed again when i was pkaying a game earlier. Now it won't turn in again. I have tried what you suggested, but it just sits there and squeaks every few minutes
    without turning on. Any thoughts?
Thema:

Xbox won't turn on???

1. Xbox won't turn on??? - Similar Threads - won't turn

2. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  3. My Halo 5 edition Xbox One won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Halo 5 edition Xbox One won't turn on: The Xbox makes the startup sound when I press the button, but cuts out halfway through the sound and continues after. I already tried another power supply and it didn't help. I made a video on my...
  4. What should I do when my Xbox one won't turn on and when is dose all I see is a grey screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    What should I do when my Xbox one won't turn on and when is dose all I see is a grey screen?: I've read some ways of how to fix it and still cant fix it. If you now how to fix this please email me. 8f4bd6dd-0efd-4ca3-b5dd-297f35203bc5
  5. My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...: My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it died and not letting me turn it back on no matter how many cables I try wont even let me charge it again I...
  6. Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...: Xbox wireless headset won't turn on . No lights . Nothing. It just randomly quit working outta nowhere. I tried hard reset , plugging into Xbox, plugging into the wall. Nothing ! It's not my...
  7. Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.: I have a 1 yr old Series S, it froze on the homescreen and none of the controller buttons do anything. I can turn it off with the power button on the Xbox but it randomly turns itself back on like...
  8. Why won't my xbox one s turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox one s turn on: Hi guys, for the past month now my xbox one s refuses to turn on, but it shows the light for a second. I thought the problem was with the air vents so I cleaned them but nothing changed. I saw a...
  9. My xbox one s console won't turn on, but the fan keeps trying to start if i plug it in. It...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s console won't turn on, but the fan keeps trying to start if i plug it in. It...: I don't understand why it's doing this, but i have a hunch. My little sister got some cleaner on it but i don't think any actually got inside, so i don't think it's that. I've tried a hard reboot...
  10. My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in: Noticed yesterday controller getting low on battery so I plugged it in this morning the controller is completely dead and won't charge 6348e174-872b-40c4-9344-0e26ef6af345