Xbox won't turn on???

Discus and support Xbox won't turn on??? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was just wondering why when I went to turn my xbox the light lit up and it made that turning on sound yet it shut right back off. It did this three... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RedSoxFan35, Jan 5, 2014.

1. RedSoxFan35
    RedSoxFan35 Guest

Xbox won't turn on???

I was just wondering why when I went to turn my xbox the light lit up and it made that turning on sound yet it shut right back off. It did this three times until I kept my finger on the button a bit longer. The first time it turned on then instantly shut
    off was when i turned the controller on before turning the system on.

:)

RedSoxFan35, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Xbox won't turn on.

My power supply was orange and when I hit the power button it would make a noise I looked online for fixes found it could be a USB port could have a shorted wire. Not so with mine it was the TV, switched the plug to another HDMI port and it worked.

AlFa FreezeRay, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Xbox won't turn on

Hey there!

Have you tried running through the steps on our
    Xbox One Won't Power On support page
    ? Please be sure to run through each step to attempt to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, your Xbox One console may need to be repaired. You can start the repair process over at our
    Online Service Center.

Feel free to keep us posted!

Mister Beep, Jan 5, 2014
  4. dlCHIEF58
    dlCHIEF58 Guest

Xbox won't turn on???

You will probably need to do a hard shutdown and reset, as I imagine it is related to the new dashboard update. Power down the console by pressing on the power switch for about 10 seconds. Then unplug the power brick from the wall and console. Also unplug
    any USB devices (particularly external hard drives), Wait for about 2-5 minutes, then plug the power brick back into the wall and console (don't plug in USB devices yet). Power on your console - if there is an update (as I suspect) let it install completely
    before plugging in any USB devices.

-

I've seen their behavior after power outages and occasionally when a system update is ready to install. I found it was necessary to unplug the external hard drive I use to get the console to boot up all the way as doing the hard reset/power cycle was not
    enough to get it to act normally. This should get you both up and running again.

dlCHIEF58, Oct 17, 2014
  5. AlFa FreezeRay Win User

Xbox won't turn on.

My power supply was orange and when I hit the power button it would make a noise I looked online for fixes found it could be a USB port could have a shorted wire. Not so with mine it was the TV, switched the plug to another HDMI port and it worked.
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Xbox won't turn on

Hey there!

Have you tried running through the steps on our
    Xbox One Won't Power On support page
    ? Please be sure to run through each step to attempt to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, your Xbox One console may need to be repaired. You can start the repair process over at our
    Online Service Center.

Feel free to keep us posted!
  7. ElectroFlying Win User

Xbox won't turn on

If it's not the X1-S people then try another power supply as it's likely your power supplies fan is shot causing your console to turn back off just after turning on.
  8. XOG DarthKiller Win User

Xbox won't turn on

Mine is doing the same right in the middle of the fall update
  9. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Xbox won't turn on

Thema:

Xbox won't turn on???

1. Xbox won't turn on??? - Similar Threads - won't turn

2. my Xbox one x won't turn on with the controller i only get a blinking light so i have to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox one x won't turn on with the controller i only get a blinking light so i have to...: my xbox one x won't turn on with the controller i only get a blinking light so i have to turn it on by pressing the button on the console itself. But once I manually turn it on the controller...
  3. Xbox One controller shut down mid-game and won't turn back on (PC)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller shut down mid-game and won't turn back on (PC): Hi, My Xbox One controller shut down mid-game yesterday and won't start-up again. Connecting 2 different micro USB cables to 2 different chargers and a port on the pc made no difference. There is...
  4. My xbox series s won't stay on every time I turn it on it turns off by it self in 3 seconds...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s won't stay on every time I turn it on it turns off by it self in 3 seconds...: My xbox series s won't stay on every time I turn it on it turns off by it self in 3 seconds how can I fix? a72b86b8-9761-4ff0-8a26-6f63810de3f2
  5. My Xbox one won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one won't turn on: When I try to turn on my Xbox one the power button light flashes on and off the sound just turns on then off I need help I don't know what's wrong with it 1c808dde-c88c-41bc-9746-47ab3728285f
  6. My xbox series x won't turn on properly light comes on then goes straight of

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x won't turn on properly light comes on then goes straight of: My xbox x won't turn on when I press the button the light comes on for a second then turns itself off can anyone help a812d54a-0791-41f1-bbaf-ea07f1a89186
  7. Series s won't turn on after unplugging it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series s won't turn on after unplugging it.: I have this weird issue. Let's say I'm using my series s just fine, then I want to move the console to an other part of my house, so I unplug it. When I plug it back in the console won't turn on,...
  8. My Series X won't stay on. Turns off right away

in XboX Insiders
    My Series X won't stay on. Turns off right away: Anyone else experience this? I'm on the lastest Insider build I assume (the one with the most updates) and my Xbox was working earlier today. Now it will turn on and start to boot up but then...
  9. Flatmate's Xbox won't turn on - advice appreciated

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flatmate's Xbox won't turn on - advice appreciated: Hi, The other night, me and my friend came in from a night out. The next morning, my flatmate (not the one I went out with) found water on the floor and by his Xbox. He moved his Xbox to his room...
  10. my xbox official wireless headset won't turn on and I don't know why or how to fix it

in XboX Insiders
    my xbox official wireless headset won't turn on and I don't know why or how to fix it: I turned the headset off, did something for 5 minutes, came back and now I won't turn on. It was fully charged and literally nothing went near it. Is there a fix? Sorry if this isn't allowed...