Xbox won't tell me friend online even though I have it set to.

Discus and support Xbox won't tell me friend online even though I have it set to. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; So for some reason my xbox will not tell me if any of my friends go online on my xbox as well as the xbox app. I've checked the settings for both and... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by BigGuy2311, Jun 2, 2023.

1. BigGuy2311
    BigGuy2311 Guest

So for some reason my xbox will not tell me if any of my friends go online on my xbox as well as the xbox app. I've checked the settings for both and they are turned on, I've tried logging out and logging back in and resetting my console but nothing happened.

:)

BigGuy2311, Jun 2, 2023
  2. Pradeep Singh3 Win User

I used to have this same issue. It just resolved itself. Although the annoying part is everytime my mates turn their computers on. I also get a notification.
  3. CosmicCraze Win User

That's understandable. It can be frustrating when technology doesn't work as expected, especially when it affects so many people. It's good to know that others are experiencing the same issue and that it may not be something on your end. Hopefully, Microsoft will address and resolve the issue soon.
  4. CosmicCraze Win User

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Xbox notifications. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check your Xbox Live settings: Go to Settings > Account > Privacy & Online Safety > Xbox Live Privacy > View Details & Customize and make sure "Broadcast Gameplay" is turned on.

2. Check your notification settings: Go to Settings > Preferences > Notifications and make sure that the "When friends sign in" option is turned on.

3. Check your Xbox Live status: If there is an outage or maintenance, it could affect your notifications. Check the Xbox Live status page to see if there are any issues: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

4. Clear your cache: Power off your Xbox, unplug it from the wall, and wait for a few minutes. Then plug it back in, turn it on, and check your notifications again.

If none of these solutions work, you can contact Xbox support for further assistance.
  5. BigGuy2311 Win User

I'm trying number 1 but I can't find the brodcast gameplay.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that there are multiple reports in regards to the same issue in the past few days, however, there are no official announcements from Microsoft which is why we just need to perform troubleshooting steps.

Kindy refresh the said setting by blocking and allowing it again. Please follow the steps below:

" Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Profile & system > Settings > Preferences > Notifications."
Thema:

1. Xbox won't tell me friend online even though I have it set to. - Similar Threads - won't tell friend

2. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  3. my pes 2022 won't start up, it tells me "the procedure entry point...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my pes 2022 won't start up, it tells me "the procedure entry point...: my pes 2017 won't start up, it tells me "the procedure entry point Steaminternal_CreatInterface could not be located in the dynamic link library 626de349-715c-474d-9c9a-c4d270d6a363
  4. How can one tell if it is your Xbox that's the problem or the power cable?Xbox won't come...

in XBoX on Windows
    How can one tell if it is your Xbox that's the problem or the power cable?Xbox won't come...: How can one tell if it is your Xbox that's the problem or the power cable?Xbox won't come on at all b1c3cb70-c3bf-4173-98ab-d6d74624ba44
  5. Please tell me what's wrong I was banned from my other account but it won't let me join or...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Please tell me what's wrong I was banned from my other account but it won't let me join or...: Hey this is the users Mrjones1350 and HYP3XDEVILZZ recently my devil account was banned but I'm on my old account mrjones1350 but that isn't banned whenever I join or make parties it instantly...
  6. My xbox series x won't connect to my wifi tell me to put my ssid in and trys to connect but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x won't connect to my wifi tell me to put my ssid in and trys to connect but...: Won't connect to wireless network I put in ssid and password but still won't connect 4fd18d79-7205-475f-b77a-eddc42ffeb83
  7. My game on my Xbox won't. Download and when i click. Mange this it tells me we can not get...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game on my Xbox won't. Download and when i click. Mange this it tells me we can not get...: shows the internet sine with the seting logo i tried everything i can and saw so give me a refund or fix my game. 47bf5e6b-1ce5-43cd-864f-b6a73b5444e8
  8. Can anyone tell me how I can fix "Your security protocal won't work"?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anyone tell me how I can fix "Your security protocal won't work"?: I have been booted off my Xbox, I know this because all my phone can connect to my wi-fi but my Xbox can't. Every device in my household can connect to the wi-fi except for my Xbox. It's been 2...
  9. My Xbox Account is Linked to an EA Account, Why Won't it Tell me About the Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox Account is Linked to an EA Account, Why Won't it Tell me About the Account?: I want to link my current EA account to my Xbox account, it says there is already an account linked (on pc) but for some reason won't tell me anything about the account, not the email, not the...
  10. Why did I get banned? And why won't anyone tell me why?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did I get banned? And why won't anyone tell me why?: So I've been banned for no reason. I know this happens to people but it won't even give me a reason. I called support and was put on hold for an hour. Then I hung up and spoke to someone else, 40...