Xbox won’t show display at any resolution above 640x480

Discus and support Xbox won’t show display at any resolution above 640x480 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue where my Xbox one x does not show a display when turned on. The screen shows no signal. This is only fixed when starting the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Freddie Malton, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Xbox won’t show display at any resolution above 640x480

Hi, I have an issue where my Xbox one x does not show a display when turned on. The screen shows no signal. This is only fixed when starting the Xbox in low-resolution mode. I have changed the HDMI cable and the tv to no avail. Have also hard and soft reset the Xbox but still no display does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue?

:)

Freddie Malton, Mar 14, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Freddie, you can try to resetting the console's display settings. Here's how:

If there's a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.

On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for five seconds to turn off the console.

Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later.

The power light will flash on before the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until the second beep occurs.

Note This will boot your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, go to System > Settings in the guide, select Display & sounds, Video options, and then TV Resolution.

If you are required to complete these steps on every boot-up, you will want to change your TV connection to HDMI as shown in step 3 in the next section, "Your screen is blank and you use an AVR in your setup." For more information, see How to adjust the display settings on your Xbox One console.

If you cannot reset the display settings, then follow the soft factory reset option suggested by Onyx.

Let us know if this helps!

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

xbox one 640x480 only option on resolution under settings

OK so first thing How do you have your console going to your TV through HDMI? DVI?

If HDMI go into settings go down to display and sound go to video output which is probably where you are seeing the 640X480 setting under display then go over to video fidelity & overscan on that page you want to make sure under display it is showing auto
    detect or HDMI if showing HDMI then on the previous screen you should be able to set the display resolution to something other then 640X480
  4. IceStorm III Win User

Reduced Graphics on Xbox Slim

Did you remember to go back into System Settings and configure the VGA display cable resolution to match your display?

By default, it should be 640x480.
  5. Ae Pumba Win User

Problem displaying in 1080p resolution

I can change the resolution out of 640x480 but if I choose 720p, 1440p or 1080p the green screen start again.

I tried using another device (laptop, xbox 360) with the same HDMI cable and they are displayed in 1080p perfectly. As soon as I reconnect the HDMI cable on my xbox one the screen shrinks in 640x480
  6. Georges C. Win User

My Xbox won’t show a resolution higher than 640x480

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Happy New Year.

Hello MarleemDR, try to follow this procedure that was posted in our community.

On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for five seconds to turn off the console.

Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later.

The power light will flash on before the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until the second beep occurs.

Note This will boot your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, go to System > Settings in the guide, select Display & sounds, Video options, and then TV Resolution.

If you are required to complete these steps on every boot-up, you will want to change your TV connection to HDMI as shown in step 3 in the next section, "Your screen is blank and you use an AVR in your setup." For more information, see How to adjust the display settings on your Xbox One console.

If you cannot reset the display settings, then follow the soft factory reset option suggested by Onyx.

Let us know if this helps!

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
Thema:

1. Xbox won’t show display at any resolution above 640x480 - Similar Threads - won’t show display

2. Why won’t the money from the gift card that says I’ve redeemed show up when I try to buy...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t the money from the gift card that says I’ve redeemed show up when I try to buy...: I need help with my gift card that says I have redeemed wont let me use the money or show up on my Xbox except for the Microsoft account credit saying it was redeemed...
  3. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  4. my friend list won’t show on my xbox,

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    my friend list won’t show on my xbox,: it says i have zero friends. i have tried restarting and soft resetting and hard resetting. nothing seems to work. i logged into my account on another xbox and the friends list show its just mine...
  5. Why on pc gamepass it won’t let me download vahalla it show loading and is grey

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why on pc gamepass it won’t let me download vahalla it show loading and is grey: Vahalla won’t download on pc on gamepass is grey out and it stay loading and no option to download it cb0fb9cd-17ee-4517-ba32-94ec1657f80e
  6. My account won’t show the subscription that is being charged and I cannot remove my card...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account won’t show the subscription that is being charged and I cannot remove my card...: My account is just being annoying and I can’t even find the subscription on the store (Fortnite crew) 40eb0b9e-66cc-48b9-92ea-719b3846dcea
  7. Fortnite won’t start on my Xbox S, it constantly shows failed. I have deleted the account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite won’t start on my Xbox S, it constantly shows failed. I have deleted the account...: Fortnite won’t start on my Xbox S, it shows failed all of the time. I have deleted my account and re added it but it’s no different. I have tried adding a new account but still the same outcome...
  8. Xbox is powering on but won’t load. It shows the xbox logo only.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is powering on but won’t load. It shows the xbox logo only.: Having issues with xbox x series. Powers on but only shows xbox logo. a31a2511-eb08-49d7-b9f3-4a9bad56447d
  9. My Xbox series x won’t show wireless networks or connect to any network all day. I’ve reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x won’t show wireless networks or connect to any network all day. I’ve reset...: I reset everything multiple times . Wi-Fi is on and everthing else is connected. 695eae9e-fd26-4c04-bb1e-0dea7ea69910
  10. It shows that I’m connected to the internet but it won’t let me play games or join a party

in XBoX on Consoles
    It shows that I’m connected to the internet but it won’t let me play games or join a party: It shows im connected to the Wi-Fi but it won’t let me play games or join party’s and it say service info unavailable a741ca8b-80f6-4bbd-b531-41606ba896d9