Xbox won’t let me play, download, or delete digital games.

Discus and support Xbox won’t let me play, download, or delete digital games. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an xbox series s that has worked fine up until this point. I have most of my games downloaded to an external hard drive but whenever i go to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ben Habetler, Apr 23, 2023.

1. Ben Habetler
    Ben Habetler Guest

I have an xbox series s that has worked fine up until this point. I have most of my games downloaded to an external hard drive but whenever i go to play them or delete them I get a message saying the game took too long to start. I’ve tried resetting the xbox, powercycling, hard reset, taking my account off and many more things but nothing is working. How do i fix this problem.

:)

Ben Habetler, Apr 23, 2023
  2. Jonny306 Win User

Hello Ben

My name is Jonny and I will be assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your inquiry/ concern.

I do look forward to resolving this problem together! :)

When it comes to this error, youll want to perform a soft factory redet following the exact steps below.

1. Fully power down your Xbox by holding the power button on the Xbox for 10 seconds.

2. Once powered down, remove the external drive and then hold down the eject and bind (sync) button on the Xbox.

(Do not release these 2 buttons.)

3. While holding those buttons, tap the power button on the Xbox once to power up the Xbox.

4. Listen for 2 separate power-up chimes.

5. A troubleshoot screen should pop up. After these two chimes release the buttons.

6. On the Troubleshoot screen, select Reset.

You will be provided with two options, if you do not wish to start clean, you can select keep games and apps and this will allow you to avoid reinstalling all apps and games.

Also, as long as the Xbox was connected to the internet, then all game saves would be stored in the cloud storage, those will sync back as soon as you get back online and launch a game.

Do not plug the external device back in at all.

Try launching games, apps and installing games onto the internal storage.

If everything runs normally, restart the Xbox and see if it remains normal.

If it is normal, power down the Xbox, insert the external drive and everything should be good to go :)
  3. Mavron McCrystal Win User

I own gta 5 and its downloaded but everytime i try and play it i get sorry this game left gamepass and it wont let me play it

It’s surprisingly not in there. But I have all my dlc purchases and when I sign into my kids Xbox that I game share with. It’s there. I never downloaded it off of game pass bc I own it. Both physical disc and digital and it won’t let me play it when I put in the disc either. So I’m wondering if I’m going to have to uninstall and then re install it.
  4. matthew hancock1 Win User

Digital version of Borderlands GOTY is freezing and not letting me delete any saved data or even restart the system. I have to fully power the system down each time.

It won’t let me click on the reset option or even use the restart option for anything. It will only allow me to uninstall the games directly. The game is the digital copy purchased from the Xbox store on the Xbox series x.
  5. Cameron Thorburn Win User

Installing the New Jedi Survivor game on Xbox One (not compatible??)

HELP PLEASE

I have an Xbox one S

And I thought x/s games meant they run on Xbox one x & Xbox one s

But having digitally purchased JEDI SURVIVOR DELUXE EDITION.

The store won’t let me download it stating it incompatible with my Xbox one S??
  6. SethToth Win User

All images turned to random files and folders.

Just to add on. It won’t let me delete the folder.
Thema:

1. Xbox won’t let me play, download, or delete digital games. - Similar Threads - won’t let play

2. No Wi-Fi card in my Xbox one and it won’t let me play games

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Wi-Fi card in my Xbox one and it won’t let me play games: No Wi-Fi card in my Xbox one and it won’t let me play games? 830ef407-c249-4904-a5e5-2250c3d4d505
  3. why did it let me buy just dance 2024 on my xbox 1 but won’t let me play it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why did it let me buy just dance 2024 on my xbox 1 but won’t let me play it?: it won’t let me ply just dance 2024 but it let me buy it on my xbox 1 ed0b8026-591b-41cd-a723-2e9e3ffd00f6
  4. won’t let me play my game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    won’t let me play my game: When i click on a game some of them just won’t load and give me error code 0x87e50033 and i literly just bought the game and downloaded it and i pressed on it to play it and it loaded for a sec...
  5. I just bought Xbox game pass for gts online and it still won’t let me play online it’s only...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought Xbox game pass for gts online and it still won’t let me play online it’s only...: Just bought Xbox game pass for gta online but it won’t let me play online it’s only taking me to story mode f8b69245-cf0b-4876-9c54-0dab77baaf3f
  6. I’ve paid for game pass core but it won’t let me play online pissing me off. How do I fix it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’ve paid for game pass core but it won’t let me play online pissing me off. How do I fix it: it won’t let me play online but it charged me the $9.99 3a8c27d7-cde9-461d-9ed9-e4e5ae767646
  7. Series S xbox won’t let me play X/S games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series S xbox won’t let me play X/S games?: I’ve recently gotten an xbox one S, tried resetting almost everything on my console but still keeps saying my games aren’t compatible, could it somehow be connected to my older xbox one settings?...
  8. Is it possible to get my money back from a game that was pre ordered but won’t let me play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to get my money back from a game that was pre ordered but won’t let me play?: Am trying to play the New MW3 but it won’t let me even though I’ve pre ordered it and money was taken out of my account. If it’s possible I just want my money back so I can retry it....
  9. I just bought the game pass and it still won’t let me play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought the game pass and it still won’t let me play: I got the game pass and it still wont let me play it says it’s active and it says it took my money so please help me 38ff9141-b4cc-4f87-a606-4da9fc43b5cc
  10. My Fortnite is coming up as corrupted and won’t let me play it does anyone know how to sort...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Fortnite is coming up as corrupted and won’t let me play it does anyone know how to sort...: When I try to click on fortnite it told me to delete then reinstall, now it is telling me that something is corrupted within is their a way to sort this if not I will lose all skins and previous...