Xbox won't factory reset

Discus and support Xbox won't factory reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought an Xbox 360 2nd hand, and could not remove the old passcode. I contacted Xbox support yesterday and received the Factory reset code. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AnticFiber50946, Dec 29, 2017.

  1. Xbox won't factory reset


    I bought an Xbox 360 2nd hand, and could not remove the old passcode. I contacted Xbox support yesterday and received the Factory reset code.

    I have entered the code, the Xbox restarts and it has not changed anything. Also, I went through and deleted all the users and old game info but it just returns upon restart.

    How do I reset everything and delete past users history?

    :)
     
    AnticFiber50946, Dec 29, 2017
    #1
  2. raigraphixs
    raigraphixs Guest
    raigraphixs, Dec 29, 2017
    #2
  3. Lovingmygames, Dec 29, 2017
    #3
  4. ShaneCrean Win User

    xbox won't open anything

    The xbox won't launch settings so I can't do a factory reset
  5. Puppy Fujo Win User

    Tons of issues

    The next troubleshooting step would be to perform a factory reset choosing to keep your games and apps (so you won't have to download them again). Here's how.

    Reset Xbox to Factory Defaults
  6. AutoFOCUSED.ttv Win User

    Xbox One X won't factory reset

    What do you mean by error by factory default? You mean in the build?
  7. DrabbestLearner Win User

    Xbox One X won't factory reset

    Could be error by factory default, something very annoying
  8. XBF Brad A Win User

    Xbox One S won't factory reset

    Hello Andre,

    Thanks for the updates on what you have tried out for troubleshooting. At this point it would need a repair, if the offline update doesn't work either. You can go to

    device support
    to set up a repair yourself and also see if it is in warranty. If it is out of warranty doing online also saves you a little bit of money than setting it up through a support agent. As there is no other resolution for this issue I will go
    ahead and lock this thread.

    Thanks,

    Brad
Thema:

Xbox won't factory reset

Loading...
  1. Xbox won't factory reset - Similar Threads - won't factory reset

  2. XBOX PC app won't close games properly

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX PC app won't close games properly: I know I'm not the only one having this problem as I saw it on some games subreddit, even for not insiders, but to me it's on all of my Xbox Games on PC. When I close them via the in-game menu,...
  3. Xbox Insider Hub App won't Install

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Hub App won't Install: I've had the xbox insider app and program for a while - I went to open it and then it told me I needed to update it - it continue it fails to update and installation stops - not sure what to do -...
  4. Xbox series X won't connect to internet

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X won't connect to internet: Tried connecting to Wi-Fi and says it's already has a wired connection, when it doesn't. Doesn't also work when connected to Ethernet cable. Tried hard reset, power downs, router turned on and...
  5. Xbox series s won't set up after factory reset

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't set up after factory reset: After my wifi went out both my xbox series s said I needed additional authentication, I have had this problem before and I just had to factory reset it which worked fine the first time, but now...
  6. I have an Xbox series that won't stay connected unless I factory reset or restart router.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox series that won't stay connected unless I factory reset or restart router.: To make a long story short I have an Xbox series x that worked perfectly fine whenever I had my own place with my own Wi-Fi however I had to move and the people I moved in with have their own...
  7. Xbox One X won't add profile after factory reset

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X won't add profile after factory reset: My Xbox One X simply stopped allowing me to sign in today, despite having zero problems for the last month. I just bought it, but I'm reconsidering my purchase due to what appears to be a common...
  8. Series X after attempted System Update Failed Won't Factory Reset

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X after attempted System Update Failed Won't Factory Reset: After attempting to install latest update on my Series X it no longer works, I'm currently out for warranty since it's a first Gen. Why am I required to pay $300 to repair something I did not...
  9. Xbox Series X Won't Start, Won't Let Me Factory Reset

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Won't Start, Won't Let Me Factory Reset: My Xbox Series X is giving me trouble. I tried turning it on, and it said there was an error: "Something Went Wrong" "System Error: E100 00000703 80910002" and there's nothing I can do about it....
  10. Xbox won't start and reset to factory defaults not working

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox won't start and reset to factory defaults not working: Hey guys, just started my xbox now I have a problem because it won't start properly. Restart will not fix the problem and reset to factory defaults just shuts down the console. Any help? Error 208...