Xbox wont connect but wifi is fine

Discus and support Xbox wont connect but wifi is fine in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I've tried everything, and I'm lost my connection was working fine woke up wanting to play games and I couldn't connect, and my clock was messed up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jaimey Xul, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Jaimey Xul
    Jaimey Xul Guest

So I've tried everything, and I'm lost my connection was working fine woke up wanting to play games and I couldn't connect, and my clock was messed up dialed back to 900 pm 2019 and I've tried everything, and it says I couldn't save [my apps and addons it said as much when I tried doing that as an option

:)

Jaimey Xul, Oct 31, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Jaimey, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. AustinBennett3 Win User

Xbox won’t connect to streaming apps or games

Xbox turns on. But wont connect immediately. And when it does connect i still cant run anything involving internet. I know my wifi’s fine because i can stream from my smart tv, and from my phone off the wifi, so its strictly the xbox
  4. J4CK5P Win User

My wifi doesn't work

I had this issue with my WIFI a few months back, Im with Virgin and sometimes for some reason the WIFI seems fine but it wont be visible or able to connect to my XBox via a wireless connection. I got around this by wiring my xbox to the router and letting
    it connect that way for an hour or so and then when I unplugged it, it seemed to be able to connect wirelessly again.
  5. StaceyQR. Win User

Xbox One won't connect to WiFi network with correct password

It's my wifi won't connect to my xbox everything else works fine on the wifi but the wifi won't connect to my xbox one x
  6. StoppedOcean473 Win User

Xbox won’t connect to streaming apps or games

Xbox turns on. But wont connect immediately. And when it does connect i still cant run anything involving internet. I know my wifi’s fine because i can stream from my smart tv, and from my phone off the wifi, so its strictly the xbox
    You may have to rest your xbox. Pick the option not to lose you apps and games.
Thema:

1. Xbox wont connect but wifi is fine - Similar Threads - wont connect wifi

2. Xbox wont connect to wifi, even though wifi is working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont connect to wifi, even though wifi is working: For the past week, my Xbox has been disconnecting from my wifi every day around 4pm. I try to reconnect it, it loads a while, then says can't connect to your wireless network. None of the...
  3. Why wont my Xbox connect to the wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my Xbox connect to the wifi?: So I've had problems with my Xbox one for a while now with connecting to the wifi, it works on every other device but the Xbox. I've tried power cycling, restarting the Xbox, etc. I troubleshoot...
  4. Why wont my xbox connect to my new wifi or let me join parties when I use the wired connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox connect to my new wifi or let me join parties when I use the wired connection?: ever since I got my new wifi I've been having problems. My Xbox won't connect to the new wifi saying stuff like "incorrect password or incorrect network name" I've checked soo many times trying to...
  5. Xbox wont connect to wifi network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont connect to wifi network: Xbox wont connect to wifi network 731794d8-2519-4e8d-b0d7-5d476ac81944
  6. My wifi had shut down and after restarting it my Xbox series s wont connect to wifi and it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wifi had shut down and after restarting it my Xbox series s wont connect to wifi and it...: My wifi had shut down and after restarting it my Xbox series s wont connect to wifi and it says the password is wrong but I am entering the right one, what can I do to fix that?...
  7. i need help with old xbox one that wont connect to wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    i need help with old xbox one that wont connect to wifi: i need help i’m jus turning on a old xbox one i haven’t used in a couple years i reset it and now it will not connect to wifi it’s saying i’m putting in the wrong password but i’m sure im not i...
  8. My wifi works for every other device connected (laptops,iPad,phones) but my Xbox wont...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wifi works for every other device connected (laptops,iPad,phones) but my Xbox wont...: My wifi works for every other device connected (laptops,iPad,phones) but my Xbox wont connect to it. I was just playing last night and I've had the same internet and wifi setup for the last 8...
  9. Xbox Series X wont connect to home wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X wont connect to home wifi: my xbox series x is able to connect to my phones hotspot and other wifi sources but it cannot connect to my home wifi, ive tried everything i can find including resetting my xbox but it still wont...
  10. Xbox wont connect to wifi network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont connect to wifi network: Hello, I bought the new xbox s and during the installation it won’t connect with the wifi. I used my phones hotspot to finish the installation. After that I tried to connect to the WiFi again...