Xbox won't allow me to sign in or add account

Discus and support Xbox won't allow me to sign in or add account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This problem has been solved with a soft factory reset and possibly restarting my router/modem. Worked for me. Thanks everyone who lended aid :)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lummoxicide, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Lummoxicide
    Lummoxicide Guest

This problem has been solved with a soft factory reset and possibly restarting my router/modem. Worked for me.

Thanks everyone who lended aid Xbox won't allow me to sign in or add account :)

Sigh...so for the last 2 days i haven't been able to sign into my account on xbox.

Until now I've been super busy with work so i haven't really attempted to fix it other than doing a hard reset and resetting my router.

But now I've got 3 days off and i wanna play some Xbox...i figured "eh, its probably a problem on Microsoft's end. I'll just give it some time, maybe it will fix itself".

Well i still can't login to my account, so i tried googling the problem. Apparently this problem isn't unique to me. So i tried the fix that seemed to work for others. I removed my account from my xbox so i could re-add it and hopefully solve my problem.

Well now i can't even add an account to my Xbox...it just loads like its attempting to, then it goes right back to the account screen mocking me...add account...add account.

Again, hard resets dont fix this.

However i am able to log into Xbox.com with my account just fine...as well as Microsoft.com, everything except the thing i want it to work on.

0x801901f4

That's the error code i received when attempting to log in

Trying to add an account gives me no error code...just doesn't do anything.

Please please help me

Im out of ideas Xbox won't allow me to sign in or add account :(

Until this gets figured out, i guess it's time to start reading a new book

:)

Lummoxicide, Dec 20, 2018
  2. Lummoxicide Win User

Hello, I would unplug console from wall for 5 mins then replug and try again. Its going through some sort of glitch.
    :( Too late im already in the middle of the factory reset

I appreciate the advice though

? question...is there a difference from 10 to 30 seconds to 5 minutes

I dont really have any tech knowledge.

I have to do a lot of unplugging resets for modding fallout 4

Im on an xbox one original
  3. Lummoxicide Win User

Hello ,

We recommend doing a
    soft factory reset
    being you have a good network connection. When doing this select keep games and apps. Once it done try to add a profile and if unable to post any error that you get here also.

Thanks,

Brad
    Yeah i guess that would be the next step wouldn't it...i just did a factory reset about a month ago for an unrelated problem.

I was having problems downloading mods for fallout 4. After a bunch of back and forth with Bethesda support, that was the recommended next step.

Ok. Ok. I'll do another reset. Just a soft one. If i had to redownload everything...ehh lets not think about that.
  4. Lummoxicide Win User

I found a solution on the Xbox Subreddit. The solution they found was to use a different network (in their case they created a hotspot using their phone and used that to connect. I would definitely recommend power cycling all network equipment by
    unplugging routers, modems etc for 60 seconds and then plugging them back in to see if that corrects the issue. Due the same thng with your Xbox after your network is back up by holding the power button on your console for a few seconds until it powers down
    completely. Restart your console 30 seconds later. Let us know if you continue to have problems.
    Ok so i set up a hotspot with my phone, connected my xbox to it. Did some network tests, changed the NAT from moderate to OPEN again.

Did another hard reset.

Tried to add a profile account and im still hitting a brickwall. Just loads and nothing

I unplugged my network equipment for awhile and plugged it back in. Now i just have to reconnect my xbox to it and see what happens.
  5. Puppy Fujo Win User

I found a solution on the Xbox Subreddit. The solution they found was to use a different network (in their case they created a hotspot using their phone and used that to connect. I would definitely recommend power cycling all network equipment by unplugging
    routers, modems etc for 60 seconds and then plugging them back in to see if that corrects the issue. Due the same thng with your Xbox after your network is back up by holding the power button on your console for a few seconds until it powers down completely.
    Restart your console 30 seconds later. Let us know if you continue to have problems.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day!
Thema:

1. Xbox won't allow me to sign in or add account - Similar Threads - won't allow sign

2. "Among Us" won't allow us to sign in to online mode.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Among Us" won't allow us to sign in to online mode.: We've been trying to sign in to "Among Us" in online mode on my child's account but the game won't allow us to do so. It keeps popping up with the error message "Sure is taking a long time..." My...
  3. I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in: Hi, How do I update my Gamertag when I'm trying to sign in on Xbox 360 games I downloaded? I've changed my gamertag and now when I try to play I've noticed that Xbox 360 games are still trying to...
  4. The Xbox website on google won't let me sign in and change my privacy settings to allow me...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    The Xbox website on google won't let me sign in and change my privacy settings to allow me...: I have tried to connect to the sign in on different web browsers but every time I get an error message when trying to sign into my Microsoft account on the Xbox account website. I have tried...
  5. Why won't it allow me to add my Xbox profile onto my Xbox without signing into Microsoft...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't it allow me to add my Xbox profile onto my Xbox without signing into Microsoft...: It won't let ad my account to my Xbox it keeps telling me to go to Microsoft and put in an 8 digit code and there's no where to put a code and iv tried using my device but when it asks for a code...
  6. My xbox won't allow me to sign into my account and it keeps giving me this error code...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox won't allow me to sign into my account and it keeps giving me this error code...: My xbox won't allow me to sign into my account and it keeps giving me this error code 8015190A the xbox support hasn't been very help 0978522b-1524-40c3-8c12-648eae7f3265
  7. My xbox won't allow me to sign in after a reset because I cannot update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox won't allow me to sign in after a reset because I cannot update: Hello! I tried to fix my xbox one s earlier today as none of my apps were opening or loading. After trying to troubleshoot I only got the 'oops, something went wrong' message with no other...
  8. Microsoft flight simulator won't allow me to sign in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator won't allow me to sign in: I'm currently having an issue signing into Microsoft flight simulator on my xbox saying my game license cannot be authenticated and I've done everything that I've googled and nothing has worked...
  9. Xbox won't allow me to play any of my games, sign in error.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox won't allow me to play any of my games, sign in error.: Hi everyone. So after a few months of not using it, I turned on my Xbox Series X to play some games. But EVERY game I try to launch comes back with the error: "Sign in or renew the subscription....
  10. Xbox one S won't allow me to sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one S won't allow me to sign in: So when I try and login into my Xbox( through Wifi) I don't get the screen to put in my account password but get a screen with error code: 0x80a400a and I also get a screen that says can't connect...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox wont allow me to sign in a new account

2. xbox wont allow sign in