Xbox Wireless Headset, Party Chat Mixer Greyed Out. Left headset wheel doesn’t do anything.

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Headset, Party Chat Mixer Greyed Out. Left headset wheel doesn’t do anything. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all. My Xbox official wireless headset doesn’t allow the party chat mixer to operate. It did, and I’m not sure what or when this changed. Perhaps... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pukingt0n, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Pukingt0n
    Pukingt0n Guest

Xbox Wireless Headset, Party Chat Mixer Greyed Out. Left headset wheel doesn’t do anything.

Hi all.

My Xbox official wireless headset doesn’t allow the party chat mixer to operate. It did, and I’m not sure what or when this changed. Perhaps due to a firmware update?

For those who aren’t aware of the headset, If I’m in a game, I rotate the left headset wheel and it should fade the game/party volume one way or the other, but it does nothing. If I go into the party - volume settings the party chat mixer is greyed out and you cannot move the slider. Oddly if you move the wheel on the headset it does occasionally move maybe 1/20 of the slider once but won’t do it again and is still greyed out.

I have removed my headset and repaired. I have held both the power and mute button to reset it and plug into my SX, and then repaired. I have done a Xbox system reset twice, first time keeping old settings, second time not keeping settings.

I have updated the firmware for the headset and my controller (even though it’s a BT headset). I have tried to do a firmware update with it plugged into my controller.

It’s still the same. It’s really annoying. The reason I bought this headset was for that functionality.

I have found other people comment on this on Reddit but with no solution.

My headset firmware is 0.0.9.50

My xboxSX system is: 10.0.22621.3680 update preview beta

My controller firmware is: 5.17.3199.0

Does anyone have any ideas? I’m getting a bit fed up with MS hardware. Between having four elite controllers in two years and this.

I’m also unsure if this should be posted here, in accessories issues or whether it’s an Xbox/software issue.

:)

Pukingt0n, Mar 16, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Let's try to troubleshoot.

Please make sure you can sign in all your profiles. Let's try to restore the console back to factory defaults but we will select keep my games and apps so it won't remove your games and progress.

Please follow the steps here:

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

- Select Settings

- Select System

- Select Console info & updates

- Select Reset console

- Select Keep Games and Apps

After this, you will have to sign in again with your email and password. Then please try to connect the headset again.
  3. Pukingt0n Win User

This isn’t to do with the controller, but regardless, I have three controllers and it’s the same with each. I don’t think you know the product. The product in question is the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset. It doesn’t need to plug into a controller. It’s a BT headset and connects directly to the Xbox.

This product: https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/accessories/headsets/xbox-wireless-headset
  4. Dericka Win User

Thank you so much for clarification. This means the issue is on your connection that's why it's greyed out. The next step for this is to reach your ISP and let them open these ports:

Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP)

This will do the trick.
  5. Dericka Win User

Oh, I understand. Thank you for clarification. Just to clarify, is it also happening on your standard controller?
  6. Pukingt0n Win User

Having just chatted with a friend who has fw 0.0.9.22 on his headset says his is greyed but party/game fades in operation with wheel rotation as it should.

Here’s a Reddit post of someone else with similar issues:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox/comments/zl8rd2/chat_mixer_on_xbox_official_wireless_headset_not/
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Headset, Party Chat Mixer Greyed Out. Left headset wheel doesn’t do anything. - Similar Threads - Wireless Headset Party

2. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  3. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  4. Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party: Okay, just as the title suggests, my headset's microphone for my xbox (using a series X) only works when I join a party. When I create a party and I invite others, the only way for my microphone...
  5. My Xbox wireless headset keeps saying I’m fully in game chat when in a party

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless headset keeps saying I’m fully in game chat when in a party: I have tried updating it, plugging in to Xbox, plugging into controller, and everyday it’ll randomly start bugging out saying I need to change my party chat mixer. Any ideas would help or should I...
  6. Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?: Hello the party chat has stopped working when I play fortnite on my xbox one. I use a Xbox Wireless Headset. I have tried: Resetting headset Resetting xbox I have reset headphones...
  7. I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?: I have an Xbox Series X and an Xbox Wireless Headset that I'm using to play Halo Infinite. Unless I form a party chat with friends, they can hear me in game chat but I can't hear them. My right...
  8. My Xbox wireless headset today only does game chat, the party chat isn't working and it is...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset today only does game chat, the party chat isn't working and it is...: My setting in the party is set to party chat, my headset is set to neutral, I've tried updating, I've tried repairing, and I've tried turning everything off and back on. I can hear people in game...
  9. Xbox wireless headset party chat quality.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset party chat quality.: I recently bought the Starfield Wireless headset and everything seems perfect except for the mic quality in Party chat on the xbox. My friends say that I sound like I'm speaking through a laptop...
  10. I have recently bought a Xbox wireless headset and my friends in the party are complaining...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have recently bought a Xbox wireless headset and my friends in the party are complaining...: Audio sounds good My friends are complaining about how I sound weird I've tried adjusting mic monitoring but that hasn't solved it yet I have opened it from the box today and don't know what to...