Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke and unable to get fixed

Discus and support Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke and unable to get fixed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox wireless headset has recently broke. The plastic casing around the base of the microphone has cracked. Causing the microphone to fall from the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MASTER PRJ, Dec 23, 2022.

1. MASTER PRJ
    MASTER PRJ Guest

My xbox wireless headset has recently broke. The plastic casing around the base of the microphone has cracked. Causing the microphone to fall from the headset and the mute button to fall out.

From reading multiple other questions and discussion on the Microsoft forums (see links at the bottom), I can see this seems to be a common issue and known to Microsoft. When I logged on, unfortunately my headset had just fallen out of warrenty (ended Oct 2022, reported device broken to Microsoft in Nov 2022).

When I tried to created a repair order I was directed to contact a support agent. Once I got through the agent unfortunately told me there is no repair service available for the headset and as this was out of warrenty she could not offer a replacement. I tried to explain that this dies appear to be a known issue but the agent said they was unable to do anything else.

From other discussion I have seen some lucky people have managed to get a replacement out warrenty for the headset. But I'm also disappointed that no repair service is offered for a £90 headset that seems to have a known fault. Has anyone else had any better luck or have been able to find a replace to repair this?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t-repair/ed6c30ec-7883-4c1a-8e7a-bcaccb70cb55

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-wireless-headset-warranty-claim/555a5b2d-7175-4448-b9c0-7782c0ebb503?rtAction=1647350050566

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...uct-poor/4de76c35-0631-4c9c-bf91-def6ee3caf3a

Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke and unable to get fixed [​IMG]

:)

MASTER PRJ, Dec 23, 2022
  2. Panzerboom Win User

This is insane. I got the same headset in June 2022 and have the exact same issue at the exact same spot! The plastic crumbled and I had the mute/unmute button with broken plastic in my hand. My warranty expired in October 2022 and I would fight tooth and nail to get this replaced. This is 100% a quality control issue and Microsoft should take ownership of this.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello Master, unfortunately if the headset is out of warranty and the only solution I can recommend is to look for some technical assistance specialized in Games to see if they can help you.

I have the same headset, bought it at launch but haven't had this kind of problem yet.
  4. Triumph RiderJhQs2 Win User

Not 1 BUT 2...2 Microsoft Headsets broke in the EXACT same area. TWO!!! So Georges, you are sadly mistaken my friend. I think tons of people have this issue, they just don't say anything or report it. You don't think Microsoft knows about the janky plastic they are using??? Please.

I like the headset, especially for $100, but after 2 have broken in the same area...nope, won't buy another set from Microsoft at all. This is insanity.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Microphone casing on wireless headset broke

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this Bradley

If your headset it’s on warranty you can request a free replacement from here:
    https://account.microsoft.com/devices?refd=acco...

But if the warranty it’s over unfortunately you may need to get the headset repaired or get a new pair if you’re not able to find an authorized repair center in your city
  6. Continue using my Co Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset Warranty claim

I just got my headset back a couple of weeks ago and the new one broke in the exact same spot. This is ridiculous.

The base of the mic boom where the Mute button is located extends out past the earcup. So if you place the headset down on the side where the microphone is located it cracks the plastic part.
Thema:

1. Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke and unable to get fixed - Similar Threads - wireless headset microphone

2. how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?: I have a wirless xbox headset that connects to my xbox just fine but there’s no audio. the headset volume and chat mixer are greyed out and I can adjust the chat mixer on the headset but for the...
  3. Gray chat mixer on wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gray chat mixer on wireless headset: I am having issues with my chat mixer, i have a xbox wireless headset and my chat mixer won’t work. I try to twist the things on the side of the head set and it wont work, my controllers are all...
  4. Xbox wireless headset repair / parts to replace broken side support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset repair / parts to replace broken side support: Hi I have a set of xbox wireless headphones. I stood on them by mistake and landed up bbreaking the side support section - see attached- does anyone have an older unit(even wired) that i can...
  5. Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?: Hello, i want to know if i ca. connect a surface headset 2 to a xbox wireless apdater plugged in an xbox. If so does the mic also work so i can be able to talk to teammates in Call of duty and...
  6. can. hear. But cant. Talk. On wireless. headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    can. hear. But cant. Talk. On wireless. headset: Just. bought. Razor. Wireless. HEADSET. I. HAV SERI. X. AND. A NEW. HICENCE. TV. ICAN HEAR. BUT CANT. TALK f617d3a1-280a-462c-8059-923f90c4c9f1
  7. steelseries arctis 7x wireless gaming headset for xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    steelseries arctis 7x wireless gaming headset for xbox one: steelseries arctis 7x wireless gaming headset for xbox one how reconnected on Xbox one with out plug wire to headset to the controller 6a87487c-dc74-43ab-9150-4e6b796dfe63
  8. My Xbox wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless headset: So i got this Xbox wireless headset couple months back and it’s been fine my audio starts cutting out and then when I updated the headset and then it completely stopped doing again I’ve tried to...
  9. Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10): So I just bought an Xbox Wireless Controller and a wireless adapter, since my PC does not support Bluetooth. Whenever I am using it without my headset, everything is fine, but as soon as I turn on...
  10. Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Casing Damaged

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Casing Damaged: I was gifted the Xbox Wireless Headset as a gift for Christmas 2023. Only about a month after the gift, I'm plugging in my headset and feel a piece of plastic in my hand. I look down and a...