Xbox Wireless Headset Mic Monitoring Buzzing Noise

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Headset Mic Monitoring Buzzing Noise in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I got the new Xbox Wireless Headset at launch, and after some tweaks to the EQ settings (lower the bass) I'm really happy with them. I just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rowns, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Rowns
    Rowns Guest

Hi all,

I got the new Xbox Wireless Headset at launch, and after some tweaks to the
    EQ settings (lower the bass) I'm really happy with them. I just have one problem,
    the mic monitoring is extremely quiet and needs to be louder, but in addition,
    whenever mic monitoring is in use and my mic is active, I get this horrible
    humming/buzzing noise. My environment is quiet, it isn't picking anything up,
    it's in the headset, and it drives me insane.

Has anyone else experienced this? or do you think my headset is faulty?

Thanks

:)

Rowns, Mar 20, 2021
  2. JC_HK Win User

I think it's a hardware issue because when I touch the boom arm on the mic the static goes away. it might be a grounding issue with the mic itself, or the wireless signal is interfering with the mic.
  3. Rowns Win User

Turn off ‘mic monitoring’. Just turned on my own headset and had the same issue. When I turned off ‘mic monitoring’ the buzzing went away immediately. Seems like a bug that needs to be fixed, but a work-around at the moment at least.
    The only issue with that is the seal these headphones create, once they’re on you can’t hear a thing, don’t need the aggro from the wife when I’m screaming orders in the middle of war while playing BFV. 🤣🤣
  4. SuperLaxative Win User

I watched a few reviews approx. 5 of the headset (after I had bough t it as I was curious if the issue was widespread) and only 1 reviewer mentioned the buzzing. Which I thought was weird... maybe the other reviewers didn't test the headset enough.

I think Microsoft will get around and adjust/resolve the issue in time and keep mine.

I got to admit for the price, with all the features the headset has it's pretty good. I get it an 8/10.
  5. sltyler1 Win User

Turn off ‘mic monitoring’. Just turned on my own headset and had the same issue. When I turned off ‘mic monitoring’ the buzzing went away immediately. Seems like a bug that needs to be fixed, but a work-around at the moment at least.
  6. Rowns Win User

Ye's I have the same issue. I find if you turn the auto mute on... then you only hear the buzzing of the Mic monitoring when you speak.

Ddefinitely an issue thou.
    Thanks for letting me know mate, I thought it may be more widespread, real shame too as I really like the headset.

I use the Auto Mute feature, it just annoys me hearing the buzzing at the start and end of everything I say, I imagine it will only get worse if they increase the volume of the Mic Monitoring, as people have asked for, as it is definitely too quiet now.

Think I will return mine and stick with my wired Sennheiser’s until they iron out all the kinks.
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Headset Mic Monitoring Buzzing Noise - Similar Threads - Wireless Headset Mic

2. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  3. Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc: Hello. I've tried a long time to make my Xbox wireless headset mic to work on PC. I'm using the Xbox wireless adapter for pc, and I've been trying alot of things. Updating it to the latest...
  4. Is anyone else still having issues with their Xbox Wireless Headset breaking where the mic...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else still having issues with their Xbox Wireless Headset breaking where the mic...: [img] It seems to be a known issue as I’ve seen another thread where many people had their headset break in the same place. I saw a Microsoft moderator mention to post a new thread as that one...
  5. RIG 700 PRO HX Wireless Headset mic is not picking up my voice as loud as it should be.

in XBoX on Consoles
    RIG 700 PRO HX Wireless Headset mic is not picking up my voice as loud as it should be.: My RIG 700 PRO HX Wireless Headset mic Was working completely fine when I first got it but then I stoped playing for a week and so I didn't use the headset and now I'm back and now the mic works...
  6. How do I get my mic to work for the rig 700x wireless headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get my mic to work for the rig 700x wireless headset: Rig 700x wireless headset mic not working 858e7224-a233-441b-908e-8e9a7c764a4d
  7. Xbox Wireless Headset - Plastic Casing around Mic randomly Cracked

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset - Plastic Casing around Mic randomly Cracked: Good evening, I purchased an Xbox Wireless Headset in June 2023, and it has worked well, but yesterday when I picked it up to play, I noticed the plastic cased around the mic had randomly become...
  8. Can Xbox wireless headset output mic to two devices at once?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can Xbox wireless headset output mic to two devices at once?: I want to stream from my Xbox using a capture card going to my pc. I’m thinking about getting the Xbox wireless headset because of its two-devices-at-once abilities but I’m trying to see if that...
  9. Xbox wireless headset mic not working on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic not working on PC: The mic monitoring function works for my headset but when I try to use the mic on Discord and Apex Legends, the mic doesn't work. I tried connecting it through Xbox Wireless Adaptor and USB-C, but...
  10. Xbox wireless headset mic stuck on 1 channel, 16 bit, 24000hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic stuck on 1 channel, 16 bit, 24000hz: My Xbox wireless headset mic won't work when using geforce now on my pc, people have recommended changing the default format to 2 channel 44000hz but when I go in to change it the default format...