Xbox wireless headset mic is muffled in game party chat

Discus and support Xbox wireless headset mic is muffled in game party chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Today I used for the first time my new xbox wireless headset, I was playing warzone in game chat when my friends told me that they were hearing me not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Doperback, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Doperback
    Doperback Guest

Today I used for the first time my new xbox wireless headset, I was playing warzone in game chat when my friends told me that they were hearing me not as usual, like more strange, such as my voice is a lot muffled.

Then I tested the headset mic connecting it to my phone with bluetooth and doing a vocal memo and there the mic quality felt awesome, so I think that may be a software issue that happen only in game party chat (cause is impossible that mic quality over BT with a lower bandwith could be so better then the same mic over WI-Fi).

Someone knows a fix, or know if Xbox team is aware of the bug and is working on an update?

:)

Doperback, Mar 23, 2021
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Hello Doperback, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I Highly recommend trying a hard reset to the headset!

To do that;

1. Plug the USB-C cable into the headset and position yourself next to your console, Windows 10 device, or a power outlet with a USB connection (do not plug the other end of the USB-C cable into the console, PC, or outlet yet).
    2. Hold down the headset’s power button and the mute button simultaneously (both buttons are located on the left earcup), and then quickly plug the USB-C cable into your console, PC, or outlet.
    3. If the hard reset is successful, the headset should power off.
    4. Turn the headset back on. (If you continue to hold down the power button throughout the hard reset process, the headset will power off and then power back on.)
    Note If you hear a tone and the headset’s power light rapidly flickers orange and white, it means you have cleared the headset’s pairing info and not triggered a hard reset. If this happens, try the steps above again.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Doperback Win User

First of all thanks for the answer, I've already hard reset it 2 times but it doesn't work, I think is a software issue.
  4. Jason Lochhead Win User

Mic not working in the xbox app and in party chat while streaming

Same problem here. I've tried my Logitech wireless headset as well as a USB headset. Both work fine in Windows apps, but no mic on Xbox Streaming for game chat, voice messages, or parties. It does seem to work in the Xbox app Parties though.

I have the beta app v11.11.3013.
  5. AridLizard Win User

Comm banned for no reason with weird effect

if you sent messages and invites successfully then you are not comm banned as that ban prevents sending messages.

could you hear your friends in party chat?

is your mic/headset wired or wireless?

can you try the headset with a different controller?

can you try a different mic/headset?
  6. SpeedyBlueDude Win User

question about the 360 wireless earpiece from microsoft

The OFFICAL Wireless Xbox Headseat is CHAT ONLY. There is no way to get game audio out of the headset.

-

So game audio=Tv

Chat/Party=Headset
Thema:

1. Xbox wireless headset mic is muffled in game party chat - Similar Threads - wireless headset mic

2. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  3. Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc: Hello. I've tried a long time to make my Xbox wireless headset mic to work on PC. I'm using the Xbox wireless adapter for pc, and I've been trying alot of things. Updating it to the latest...
  4. Is anyone else still having issues with their Xbox Wireless Headset breaking where the mic...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else still having issues with their Xbox Wireless Headset breaking where the mic...: [img] It seems to be a known issue as I’ve seen another thread where many people had their headset break in the same place. I saw a Microsoft moderator mention to post a new thread as that one...
  5. RIG 700 PRO HX Wireless Headset mic is not picking up my voice as loud as it should be.

in XBoX on Consoles
    RIG 700 PRO HX Wireless Headset mic is not picking up my voice as loud as it should be.: My RIG 700 PRO HX Wireless Headset mic Was working completely fine when I first got it but then I stoped playing for a week and so I didn't use the headset and now I'm back and now the mic works...
  6. How do I get my mic to work for the rig 700x wireless headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get my mic to work for the rig 700x wireless headset: Rig 700x wireless headset mic not working 858e7224-a233-441b-908e-8e9a7c764a4d
  7. Xbox Wireless Headset - Plastic Casing around Mic randomly Cracked

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset - Plastic Casing around Mic randomly Cracked: Good evening, I purchased an Xbox Wireless Headset in June 2023, and it has worked well, but yesterday when I picked it up to play, I noticed the plastic cased around the mic had randomly become...
  8. Can Xbox wireless headset output mic to two devices at once?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can Xbox wireless headset output mic to two devices at once?: I want to stream from my Xbox using a capture card going to my pc. I’m thinking about getting the Xbox wireless headset because of its two-devices-at-once abilities but I’m trying to see if that...
  9. Xbox wireless headset mic not working on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic not working on PC: The mic monitoring function works for my headset but when I try to use the mic on Discord and Apex Legends, the mic doesn't work. I tried connecting it through Xbox Wireless Adaptor and USB-C, but...
  10. Xbox wireless headset mic stuck on 1 channel, 16 bit, 24000hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic stuck on 1 channel, 16 bit, 24000hz: My Xbox wireless headset mic won't work when using geforce now on my pc, people have recommended changing the default format to 2 channel 44000hz but when I go in to change it the default format...